Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nayna S PandyaYour feedback matters!
Ectopic pregnancy: Causes and symptoms
Ectopic pregnancy happens if the egg implants itself in the fallopian tube in place of the uterus. That's why this form of pregnancy is called a tubal pregnancy as well. Many a time, it may also implant itself in the belly, ovary or the cervix. If the egg is allowed to develop in the fallopian tube, it brings about the bursting of the tube, leading to instances of heavy bleeding.
What really causes this condition?
In this type of pregnancy, the cause isn't always easy to arrive at. In many cases, certain conditions have been found to bring about this pregnancy and these are:
- Damages to the fallopian tubes in the form of scarring and inflammation due to a preceding medical infection, condition or surgery
- Imbalances in the body's hormone levels
- Abnormalities in the genes
- Birth defects
- Medical problems that have an effect on the shape and condition of the reproductive organs and fallopian tubes
- Though it's rare, ectopic pregnancy can occur while using an intrauterine device or system for birth control
- Inflammation of your reproductive system such as pelvic inflammatory disease
How do you know that you suffer from one?
In terms of signs that will help you to easily identify whether you're having an ectopic pregnancy, the initial signs are:
- Light bleeding from your vagina
- Pain in the abdomen or in the pelvic region, which tends to occur after 6-8 weeks of a missed period
The other symptoms of this condition reveal themselves as you progress through the pregnancy and include,
- Dizziness or fainting as a result of internal bleeding
- Shoulder pain brought on by bleeding in the abdominal region
- Signs of shock
- Worsening of pelvic or belly pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
Additionally, a person with ectopic pregnancy also experience signs associated with early pregnancy such as:
- Tender breasts
- Missed period
- Increased in frequency of urination
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About
I am having warm feeling which comes and goes and lasts for seconds on left leg mostly and sometimes on hands also. Please advise.
I am a 5 month pregnant. I have a cold. Can you suggest me the home remedies for this without medication.
I had mastitis post delivery in one of my breast. Its been 3 years now but it pains sometimes. It's not severe though. Is it just hormonal.
My mom small got a tumor on her breast before 1 year and her age 50 years 68 kgs we visited doctor and its been cleaned for 1 years its normal no problem but know she is losing her weight and its paining again I am worried alot what tests to be done to know about the concern problem. Please its my humble request suggest me best of best thank you sir/mam.
I want to have anal sex but my wife feels a heavy pain when I insert my penis in her ass what should I do?
Sir, my left breast started paining yesterday, I pressed it hard by myself thinking pain will stop but it has increased. There is NO swelling, NO lumps & redness in breast. My periods are also a week far. I'm in pain sir. Please look into this & help me as soon as possible.
Ian suffering from regular period and not getting pregnancy and suffering from stomach pain at time of periods.
My last period has comes on 30 may. On 30 june I have spotting and one clot. On 4th july I have sharp cramps and spot. On 6th july my hcg in urine get positive but scan seen nothing in uterus and nothing in tubes. On 7th july my hcg in blood comes 40. 44miu/ml. Again scan says nothing in anywhere. I have still spotting. My Dr. Says no ectopic pregnancy .and Dr. Gives me dacalin c tablet for seven days. She says no pregnancy do not worry. What can I do.
Meri wife ki first delivery cesarean se hai ab second delivery main meri Dr. Khe rhi 34 week delivery krenge to ye sahi rehega or baby ke ly sahi hai.
My wife is 39 years and having menstrual cycle sometime at 21 days/ 25days/ 23 days for last one year. In some cases it is associated with high bleeding and pain and some time only for 2/3 days. All of a certain she missed her menstrual date and it is almost 32 days. Doctor advised to wait for 2/3 days more. She is having the early symptoms of pains but no bleeding. Is it the onset of Menopause or something else.
I don't receive my periods yet this is 35th day, I am so worried, is there any problem? I don't have any physical relationship.
She resulted positive in pregnancy test. Missed her cycle by a month. Internet says that misoprostol can be taken to abort the fetus. Is that true and does it contain certain risk?
I'm 20 years old and i'm suffering from vaginal itching and burning. I've applied clotrimazole absorbent dusting powder but still it is continuing. Can you suggest me some medicines so I can get rid of this. It's very irritating. Please reply as soon as possible.
I use to have this menstrual pblm back 4 years & I consulted doctor she gave me medicine it worked well & I was happy for it & now again started. The cycle did not stop now it was 11th day.
My wife started taking oral contraceptive on 10today .we had sex after that each day but did not ejaculate in her vagina .will she get pregnant?
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.