Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nainesh P PatelYour feedback matters!
Chaxu M Patel
Very good nature and friendly with patients
The Churg-Strauss disease is a rare medical condition, which causes abnormal and painful swelling of the blood vessels thereby, obstructing normal blood flow to the different body organs and tissues. The Churg-Strauss disease generally attacks the blood vessels of the intestine, nose, heart, lungs and the sinuses. In rare cases, this abnormal swelling can damage the kidney and the body joints. If not diagnosed timely, Churg-Strauss disease might lead to further complications such as heart disease, nerve damage, and kidney damage.
- As of now, the accurate causes of the syndrome have not been detected; although doctors suspect that hereditary factors and a long-term exposure to allergens might be responsible for the syndrome.
- Also, the syndrome can be caused as a result of side effects of prescribed medications for asthma and allergies. However, many people who have been diagnosed with allergies do not show the symptoms of Churg-Strauss syndrome.
- The chances of suffering from this condition increase if you suffer from episodes of chronic asthma, sinusitis (inflammation of the nasal passage cavities) or any other form of allergy in the nose. This syndrome has been generally observed in people within the age group of 30-50 years.
The symptoms of Churg-Strauss syndrome vary among people depending on the affected organ. However, the possible symptoms of the disease are but not limited to:
- There might be a significant pain in the joints and abdomen along with fever, asthma, sinusitis, and a loss in body weight.
- Development of scars on the body along with the presence of blood in faecal matters coupled with a tingling sensation in the limbs along with a feeling of numbness if the syndrome happens to attack the nerves.
Treatment: Churg-Strauss disease is an incurable medical condition, but a prescribed dosage of corticosteroids or chemotherapy medications can regulate the symptoms.
What is failure to thrive?
Children are diagnosed with failure to thrive when their weight or rate of weight gain is significantly below that of other children of similar age and sex. Infants or children that fail to thrive seem to be dramatically smaller or shorter than other children the same age. Teenagers may have short stature or appear to lack the usual changes that occur at puberty. However, there is a wide variation in what is considered normal growth and development.
In general, the rate of change in weight and height may be more important than the actual measurements.
Infants or children who fail to thrive have a height, weight and head circumference that do not match standard growth charts. The person's weight falls lower than the third percentile (as outlined in standard growth charts) or 20 percent below the ideal weight for their height. Growing may have slowed or stopped after a previously established growth curve.
The following are delayed or slow to develop:
- Physical skills, such as rolling over, sitting, standing and walking
- Mental and social skills
- Secondary sexual characteristics (delayed in adolescents)
- It is important to determine whether failure to thrive results from medical problems or factors in the environment, such as abuse or neglect.
- There are multiple medical causes of failure to thrive. These include:
- Chromosome abnormalities, such as Down syndrome and Turner syndrome
Defects in major organ systems
- Problems with the endocrine system, such as thyroid hormone deficiency, growth hormone deficiency or other hormone deficiencies
- Damage to the brain or central nervous system, which may cause feeding difficulties in an infant
- Heart or lung problems, which can affect how oxygen and nutrients move through the body
- Anemia or other blood disorders
- Gastrointestinal problems that result in malabsorption or a lack of digestive enzymes
- Long-term gastroenteritis and gastroesophageal reflux (usually temporary)
- Cerebral palsy
Long-term (chronic) infections
- Metabolic disorders
- Complications of pregnancy and low birth weight
- Other factors that may lead to failure to thrive:
- Emotional deprivation as a result of parental withdrawal, rejection or hostility
- Economic problems that affect nutrition, living conditions and parental attitudes
- Exposure to infections, parasites or toxins
- Poor eating habits, such as eating in front of the television and not having formal meal times
- Many times the cause cannot be determined.
- The treatment depends on the cause of the delayed growth and development. Delayed growth due to nutritional factors can be resolved by educating the parents to provide a well-balanced diet.
- If psychosocial factors are involved, treatment should include improving the family dynamics and living conditions. Parental attitudes and behavior may contribute to a child's problems and need to be examined. In many cases, a child may need to be hospitalized initially to focus on implementation of a comprehensive medical, behavioral and psychosocial treatment plan.
- Do not give your child dietary supplements without consulting your physician first.
My wife is pregnant for 5 months as of now. My colleges advised me to have sex from this month onwards. Is it advisable that I can have sex now? Kindly suggest.
Is it true that on the day you take i-pill the new periods cycle starts from that day I mean for e. G. I took i-pill on 19 dec then my periods are supposed to come after 28 days from 19 Dec?
I had my period on 30th june 2016, and again I got my period on 15th july 2016. Why so? In this gap I had sex 2-3 times alternative days with my husband. Pls advise why period came again. I also had papaya fruit 2-3 times. Please tell. Also advise when is it harmful and also advise date when to have sex for pregnancy.
I am a 19 year old female and I am suffering with heavy stomach pain during the time of periods. what is my remedy to get rid of this pain.
Hello mam: Mai meri gf na pregnancy test v karva liya hai usko bataya gaya tha ki 2, 3dino ma periods aa jaiyega par aisa kuch nahi hua, abhi tak periods nahi aaya please mam help kijiye or kuch aisa bataiye ki jaldi sa periods aa jaia.
Hello I'm really in need. Please help The thing is that I've been into so may relationships and I've had sex for so many times with my partner being different every time I could make it. 80% I could make them feel the orgasm. But now my problem is that I'm married and my dear loving wife she doesn't like sex. It's not that she doesn't want me to do that, she says that finish it fast. I would like to tell you that she was virgin. I'm to lucky one, I'm so happy. But even I'm doing sex for 15 min-20 min. No matter how many different positions I'm trying. No matter I'm kissing her on her begins for 10 min. She never feels anything. She doesn't find it interesting. She always says finish it. And it's a matter of concern. please help me I have a lot of expectations.
I am 36 year old doctor mother of 3 kids all caesarean. My owr is sedentary .height 5,3 and weight 83 kgs. Its causing me uneasiness discomfort. Have joint family and youngest kid of 10 months so not getting time for workout. Please help me.
Does boobs swell due to pressing it? Many say hand pressing enlarge it. Please tell me if it affects and remedies for it if any. Thanking you. Age 25.
Hi am a female of 22 after having sex with my partner it pains me a lot in my stomach as well as near my Vagina. So can you please suggest what precautions I have to take.
What is PC every? Why don't she get period? What is the reason for PCOs? What is the reason. For PCOs? How far it s curable? What is the treatment.?
Can hymen be broken with the use of tampons I am virgin but i did not bleed when i had sex first time what's the reason? Is reason use of tampon or anything else? Please advise.
If you’re looking for fiber, potassium, or copper, look no further than dates. While dates are rich in many vital nutrients and therefore offer many health benefits, the fruit is so small that you’ll need to consume a larger quantity to intake the necessary amount.
The following nutritional data outlines some of the key nutrients found in dates, and is based on a 100g serving of the fruit.
- Fiber – 6.7 grams. 27% RDA.
- Potassium – 696 milligrams. 20% RDA.
- Copper – 0.4 milligrams. 18% RDA.
- Manganese – 0.3 milligrams. 15% RDA.
- Magnesium – 54 milligrams. 14% RDA.
- Vitamin B6 – 0.2 milligrams. 12% RDA.
- Note: Dates are high in sugar content – coming in at a whopping 66.5 grams per 100 gram serving of the fruit. It is recommended to lessen sugar consumption as much as possible, even when the sugar is being consumed from fruit.
A Summary Of Dates Health Benefits: Dates Are Great For:
- Weight loss
- Relieving constipation, supporting regular bowel movements
- Promoting heart health, reducing heart disease risk
- Iron-deficiency anemia
- Reducing blood pressure
- Promoting respiratory and digestive health
- Pregnancy deliveries
- Hemorrhoid prevention
- Chronic conditions such as arthritis
- Reducing colitis risk
- Preventing colon cancer.
1.Constipation: Dates are often categorized as a laxative food. This is why they are so frequently eaten by people suffering from constipation. In order to achieve the desired laxative effect of it, you should soak them in water over night. Then, eat the soaked dates in the morning like syrup to get the most optimal results. Dates havehigh level of soluble fiber, which is essential in promoting healthy bowel movements and the comfortable passage of food through the intestinal tract, which can relieve symptoms of constipation.
2. Anemia: Dates have a high mineral content, which is beneficial for many different health conditions, but their impressive levels of iron make them a perfect dietary supplement for people suffering from anemia. The high level of iron balances out the inherent lack of iron in anemic patients, increasing energy and strength, while decreasing feelings of fatigue and sluggishness.
3. Sexual Weakness: Studies have shown that dates are even beneficial for increasing sexual stamina. Soak a handful of dates in fresh goat’s milk over night, then grind them in the same milk with a mixture of cardamom powder and honey. This mixture becomes a very useful tonic for increasing sexual endurance and reducing sterility caused by various sexual disorders. The science behind this phenomenon is largely due to traditional usage which stimulated formal research. the effects of date palms and their oil on sexual functioning and found that the high levels of estradiol and flavonoid components of dates are what increase sperm count and motility, as well as promoting increased testes size and weight. So, if you are looking for a masculine boost, eat some dates, because they are a great natural aphrodisiac!
Endometriosis is a painful condition where the endometrium tissue lining the walls of the uterus, grows as implants outside the womb of the patient. This can lead to a number of painful conditions and is often considered as a common cause behind severe pelvic pain, as far as women are concerned. Here is all you need to know about Endometriosis and pelvic pain.
- Painful Menstruation: Depending on the stage of the condition, the implants could remain on the surface or go deeper into the ovaries which may cause acute and severe problem during ovulation as well as the menstrual cycles. This is one of the symptoms that one must not ignore. If you are having painful cramps that affect the pelvic area and the abdomen, and if these cramps last throughout the duration of the cycle, then there are strong chances that you are experiencing the pain that comes with Endometriosis.
- Pain During and After Intercourse: While there are many reasons why women may face pain during intercourse, it may be noted that vaginal and pelvic pain that come during and after intercourse could point towards the presence of Endometriosis, which is causing irritation and discomfort due to the implants.
- Bowel Movements and Urination: Usually, pelvic pain may trickle down to and also get activated by the bowels when there is a motion as well as urination. This is a common problem that can cause pain, which spreads throughout the region if the patient is suffering from Endometriosis.
- Bloating and Other Symptoms: When the abdomen and nearby regions face bloating due to the implants and their painful spread, the pelvic region as a whole bears the brunt in terms of severe pelvic pain. The bloating and other symptoms like loose motions and constipation can also create pain in the abdomen and pelvic region on a persistence basis. Sharp pains may also shoot up and down the lower back due to such symptoms which should not be ignored if they do not abate within a few days.
- Misdiagnosis: Many times, the bloating and pelvic pain may be linked with pelvic inflammatory disease, which causes pain in the muscles and joints. But if you are having pain in the abdomen as well as problems during your menstrual cycle, then it may be helpful to have the tests for Endometriosis done as well.
In order to diagnose the condition, the doctor must ensure that proper imaging tests like MRI and CT scans as well as an ultrasound with lab tests based on blood samples have been conducted. The pelvic pain that comes with this condition can be treated with the help of pain relievers like ibuprofen and aspirin.