Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I am 10 weeks pregnant and during this period I had sex thrice is this harmful for the baby" s development or will it be dangerous in future? please Dr. Advise and tell me.
No doubt it's really difficult to cut down calories during festival. However you can try to cut down calories by using the following smart ways.
1. Prepare yourself for the rakshabandhan-this means you need to be careful from few days in advance and have a check on your calorie intake right from the morning of rakshabandhan
Start replacing your usual breakfast with food items with minimum calories so that you can have space for more calories when you meet your relatives &friends.
2. Cut calories at work - avoid drinking 4-5 cups of tea or coffee when at work this will help you cut down 200-250 calories.
3. Cut down intake of cola-drinking a cola bottle with lunch or dinner means additional 145 calories. Avoid this.
4. Work out-make up your mind to add some time to your workout schedule before & after festival. This will help you shred some of the additional weight &also prepare your body not to absorb fat through sweet & other rich food items.
5. Foods rich in fiber & water - try to opt for food items that are rich in fiber & enjoy your food while you eat.
6. Dinner-pay attention to what you take at dinner. Serve this at your home, you can either take low calorie food item or simply drink a glass of milk. It is completely up to you.
I am 21 years old I have missed my period suggest any tablets which will help me in getting my periods.?
Yesterday was my wife's period's 4th and last day. We had sex last night without protection. Should she use pill? If there is any chance to be pregnant?
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?