Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. MustakYour feedback matters!
My son is born with microtia one ear had not completely developed outside his age is 2.5 years now can you guide me whom should I meet and what the best age to start treatment he can hear clearly.
I have tinnitus and loss of hearing in right ear, I read at one place on internet that there is some medicine for this in homeopathy. Can any one help me in this regard
Dear Sir I am 50 yrs old and my children have complain that I am having hearing problem that I don't listen to the door bell nor the ring of the phone. It happen very often but only when I watch television or listening to music and sometime during reading. Please let me know if there is anything serious.
Hello doctoss koi technology aa rahe hh hearing loss ke liee jo hearing aid use kar rahee hh hearing loss ke lie (nerve weakness) ki koi medicine koi treatment koi surgery update information I am using iic oticon an phonak in left side koi eating preacautionss.
Dear sir, If I will do operation of my ear then how much expenses will be as am belongs from poor family that's why asking. If I will not do surgery then what kind of impact will be to my ear in future. Poss / air coming from my ear from long time. Now I can hear near about 90 % only losses 10 %
I have a continuous beep in my right ear due to which I am loosing my hearing power. Kindly help me with right treatment for improving hearing power.
Getting too much pain the ear after using the ciplox ear drops as suggested by the doctor after he removed wax from my ear. I wear hearing aid.
I am feeling very lazy all the time. Tell me the solution from which I can avoid this type of ill effect.
I'm having a ringing sound (tinnitus) in my left ear since 5 years. It happnd after my firing practicing with sten gun. I went through audiometry test and it was normal. What could be the diagnosis for this. Please help me.
I have a baby boy with cesarean delivery and I am breastfeeding my 20 day old baby and I have hearing problems from last two days from my left ear. Left portion of my body goes numb if I sit more than half an hour with hearing problem in left ear. What should I do?
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am having ear clogging problem from past 3 days, some noise from the clogged ear. How to get relief from this ?
Doctor I am losing my hearing ability day by day. I had applied for army. I am fearing of rejection in medical examination. I am losing my hearing ability from the age of 15. Doctor please help me. I will be grateful to you. Doctor I have consulted many others by in vain. Now I am here. So please help.
I m a 35 yr old man weight 65 kg height 5.5 ft. When I was 16 a friend hit me on my right ear and I got a deep tone and about 50% hearing loss and damage eardrum. After that and till now some time my ear flows and got some different noise. I've x-ray report and doctor suggesting me for operation. Let me know how good it will be after operation.?
Hii I am suffering from hearing loss on my right year since 3 years then I experienced ringing sound on my right ear so is there any treatment for hearing loss please suggest me.
I am 23 years old. I met ENT doctor for my ear which had puss draining from it for every 2 days and he said there is a hole in the ear drum and he said surgery is the only option to cure it. He gave me ear drops, using this made all the liquid drain out from my ear. My doubt is am able to hear properly and I also read that for eardrum rupture surgery is the last option. Should I go for surgery or any other remedy is available?
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it:
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.