Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukesh Shah
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Mukesh ShahYour feedback matters!
My left leg is in problem for 2 years. It can't be bend properly during meditation. In short sneaking I can't fold my left leg in palthi position where as there is no problem in sittings at the chairs. What should I do? should I do?
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is more prevalent among women (in the age group between 25 - 60 years) than men. The condition often results in muscular and joint pain along with extreme tiredness. Further, there may be severe headaches, body stiffness, insomnia or sleeping disorders, high sensitivity to extreme temperatures, abdominal pain, Irritable bowel syndrome and also Fibro Fog ( a condition triggered by Fibromyalgia, whereby an individual is unable to concentrate on anything). In some, the condition can trigger severe anxiety, stress, and depression.
While discussing Fibromyalgia, it is important to mention about the Tender Points or Trigger Points. These are delicate points and areas located throughout the body where even a gentle tap or pressure is enough to cause pain. Some of these trigger points in Fibromyalgia include:
- upper chest.
- back of the head.
- top of shoulders.
- outer elbows.
Some of the common factors that play a significant role in triggering Fibromyalgia are
- Stress and Trauma: Fibromyalgia may be an outcome of extreme physical, mental and emotional turmoil (which often creates a hormonal imbalance) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fibromyalgia may be linked to genetics and hereditary. People with a family history of Fibromyalgia are more susceptible to the painful condition.
- In some individuals, an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a contributing factor resulting in Fibromyalgia.
Acupressure to treat Fibromyalgia
People often opt for Alternative Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia. Individuals with Fibromyalgia benefit immensely from Acupressure. Acupressure is a popular alternative therapy that finds its origin in China. It channelizes upon the use of pressure at certain points in the body to ease the pain. Some of the acupressure points that are often used to relieve the pain, especially related to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, in Fibromyalgia include:
- Stomach 36 (ST 36): ST 36 holds great significance in providing a soothing and calming effect in people with extreme stress and anxiety (one of the critical symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia). ST 36 is located in the depression of the tibia (lateral side), at a distance of about four fingers downwards from the patella or the knee. Gently and slowly massaging the point for 3-4 minutes is said to provide great relief.
- Ren 17: Another acupressure point that goes a long way to lower the anxiety and physical stress is Ren 17 or the chest center. This acupressure point is the middle of the chest (anterior midline), at the fourth intercostal space from the second rib downwards.
- Ear Shen Men: The Ear Shen Men is an important acupressure point in the triangular fossa, at the upper region of the ear. People with physical and emotional stress benefit from this acupressure point.
- Pericardium 6: The Pericardium 6 is in the mid arm region (lower and inner part of the arm) between the two tendons at a distance of four fingers from the wrist crease. In addition to a great soothing effect, Pericardium 6 is beneficial for people with nausea.
- Yintang: Nothing works more like the Yintang to relieve stress and anxiety. The acupressure point in between the eyes at the eyebrow level.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!