Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukesh Savaliya
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mukesh SavaliyaYour feedback matters!
If you have herpes, you can also have cold and cough because of it? Are they related? Does syphilis gonnrhea and chlamydia have also effects on immune system weakening?
Hi I am 20 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound yesterday. My report was anterior placenta away from internal os 2.9 cms. Radiologist told me it is low lying placenta. Is it ok or is there any problem? What precautions should I take?
Light periods refer to menstrual periods that have very light flow and are characterized by a lesser number of days than usual. Although the menstrual cycles vary from a woman to another, the duration for a normal period is around every 28 days. Each period lasts for approximately four to seven days. The amount of blood loss in a normal period is around 20 ml to 80 ml. However, loss of blood below 20 ml can be considered as light periods.
The causes of light periods can vary for different woman. Some of them are:
- An imbalance in hormone levels in the body like PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease).
- Light periods are most common in women who are approaching menopause. This is because, at this time, women tend to produce less estrogen, a hormone responsible for regulating menstrual periods.
- Light periods can be common in girls who have just started to menstruate.
- Excessive bouts of exercise, a thyroid condition or an eating disorder can be also responsible for light periods in women.
- Women who use hormonal or oral contraceptives may also have a chance of experiencing light periods.
- An important cause of scanty menses is implantation bleeding. That means sometimes, despite being pregnant, little amount of bleeding can happen at the expected time of menses in the first three months of Pregnancy. So it's important to rule out pregnancy at the earliest.
Certain symptoms usually follow light periods. These symptoms vary according to the underlying causes of this condition.
Some of the common symptoms which accompany light periods are:
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent infections, namely yeast and other fungal infections
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Missed periods
In some cases, light periods might turn out to be a sign of a fatal condition that should be immediately administered to. An example of such would be an ectopic pregnancy, which can cause light or heavy bleeding. Although light periods are rarely due to serious diseases, neglect can lead to heightened complications and irreversible damage.
Some of the complications can are:
- Serious discomfort and pain
- Difficulty in conception or infertility
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
I am scared to do sex. I feel so much pain inside and unable to do sex yet. Please suggest me how can I overcome from this and would be able to do sex?
Got Last periods on 4 January taken pregnancy test 4 times last time on 7 march still shows negative result no headache no back pain no nausea no vomiting bit stressed no likes or dislike for food but missed periods are there any chances of pregnancy.
My wife she is 16 weeks pregnant (normal pregnancy), she misunderstood & consumed twice the recommended dose of iron+Fa & calcium +vitamin D3 (consumed doses of 30 days in 15 days). Is there any serious side effects to be concerned about?
To keep the vagina healthy and clean, a pale white, odourless fluid is discharged from the vagina. However, in cases where there is an infection in the vagina, this discharge may change in terms of both colour and odour. This condition is known as leucorrhoea and can affect women of different ages. There are two types of leucorrhoea:
In such cases, the discharge is caused by a fluctuation in hormonal levels. It usually affects girls going through puberty, women in the state of sexual excitement or in the first trimester of pregnancy and newborn baby girls.
Inflammatory or pathological
This type of leucorrhoea may be triggered by a number of conditions including vaginal yeast infections, cervicitis and trichomonal vaginitis. Some of the symptoms of this infection are: