Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan LalYour feedback matters!
Mera 3 months and 1 week ki pregnancy thi but miscarriage ho gya. Blood report me Herpes simplex virus 1+2 positive hai (0.94) .is it a reason of miscarriage? What is the best treatment of this?
Hi. My wife had miscarriage at 5th month of pregnancy and now its been 1 month n 4 days. She was bleeding but it stopped for 2 days and now she bleeding fresh red blood continuously from 2 days. But she is not feeling any pain or drowsiness. And the blood is at times thick as well. Need your suggestion about this.
When I using my mobile my left breast s paining surely its by mobile I used sleep with mobile near before now not. Wat to do any serious.
I am a married female. From some time I am suffering from foul smell from my private parts. When I sit with my legs open, I myself feels some foul smell. And from some time I am also suffering from short foul smelling gas. What should be done to cure both smells? What are the reasons?
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi Doctors! I'm , 21 years old unmarried girl. Actually I have on unprotected sex with my bf on 4th of September Night sex k bad 12 ghante k andar hi means agle din 5sept ko din 12 bje tak maine ek ipill leli. But ipill lene k bad 5 september ko again I have an unprotected sex with my bf. So aesi situation mei kya mujhe fir se ipill lena chahiye ya jo ipill maine 12bje tk din 5september ko li thi vo mere dono unprotected sex k bad pregnancy se nachne k liye enough hai? please give a answer soon. Ye mai isliye puch rhi qki mere periods lastly 13th of august ko aaye the nd hmesa se hi mere periods 24 ya 25 days pr aa jate hai uske according 13 august k bad mera period 5 ya 6 tk aa jana chahiye tha but aaj 7 September bhi khatam hi ho gya ab tk mera period nhi aya. Isliye mujhe darr lg rha pregnancy ka. Plz tell me what to do in this situation kya karna chahiye mujhe 5september ko jo unprotected sex hua uske according abhi 48 hours hue hai so kya mujhe fir se ipill leni chahiye. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Im 31 year old female. My periods are regular 26 days cycle. But blood flows only for 2 days. My TSH level is 1.2micro. Now I am planning to get pregnant. Is there any problems to conceive?
My wife have 0.7 FSH ...Doctor suggesting for ivf..I m confused abt decesion...FSH is it cureable...?
For PCOS condition doctors prescribe hormone tablets to correct it but some doctors say that taking these hormone pills leads to many disasters if period is regular is it necessary to take hormone pills.
I had sex with my fiancee last night. It was an unprotected and it was not too long only for a couple of minutes. My fiancee is very sure that he din penetrated so deep and did not leaked in sperms. But we both had a pain and the day night I got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnancy? Some doctors suggested me to take pills but I'm bit scared of taking it because it may have some side effects. Please suggest what to do on this.
Hi I'm having clots in my menstrual flow. There is no blood flow other than the clots. The clot is a cm to 1.5 cm in diameter. My previous period lasted for 10 days and it was the same. Never had this problem before 2 months.
I am married bfr 2 months. But I am not gtng regular period s from a year. If I got period one or two days bleed that it. Otherwise it show dark brown bleeding a drop drop whn I use bathroom for 15 days.
Chronic Dysentry, Chronic Anaemia, Worm Infestation and complications, Anorexia - One Medicine for All - MADHU MANDOOR
Digestion improves tremendously, body mass increases within healthy limits.
Vehicle (anupaan) is different for different diseases.
Usual dose is 125 mg to 750 mg approx as per condition.
Vulvar cancer is an invasive and cancerous growth, which occurs in the vulva (the external vaginal or reproductive tract opening in females). The main types of vulvar cancer include:
- Squamous cell carcinoma: This condition gives rise to abnormal growths that generally originate from the most common forms of skin cells known as squamous cells. They are characterized by open sores, scaly red patches, elevated growths with a depression in the centre or warts which might crust or bleed. They can cause disfiguring and sometimes can prove to be fatal if their growth is allowed.
- Melanoma: This is a form of cancer that is known to develop cells that contain pigment called melanocytes. It is one of the most dangerous forms of cancer and is more commonly found in women.
- Basal cell carcinoma: Basal cell carcinoma contributes to around 1- 2% of vulvar cancer. This form of cancer tends to be slow-growing lesions on the labia majora (external large vulvar folds), but is capable of occurring anywhere else on the vulva. The behaviour bears resemblance to basal cell cancers that occur in other locations. Their growth is local and the risk of deep invasion or metastasis (spreading of cancer) is low. Treatment of basal cell carcinoma involves excision. However, these types of lesions tend to recur if they are not removed completely.
Symptoms of vulvar cancer include:
- Itching, bleeding or burning sensation on the vulva that is not relieved.
- Occurrence of skin changes such as rashes or warts, on the vulva.
- Pain in pelvis, particularly during sex or urination.
- Changes in skin colour of the vulva (abnormally red or white).
- Lumps, ulcers or sores that occur on the vulva which does not subside
Treatment options of vulvar cancer include:
1. Surgery: This is the most common form of treatment wherein, the cancer is removed without affecting the sexual function of the woman. Some of the surgical procedures include:
- Laser Surgery
- Wide local excision (small portion of the cancerous tissue)
- Radical local excision (removing a major portion of benign tissues as well)
- Ultrasonic surgical aspiration (tumour is broken into small pieces using fine vibrations)
- Vulvectomy (removal of all or part of vulva)
2. Radiation Therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy and internal radiation therapy.
3. Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is stopped, either by elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
Mene 1 mahine phle gf ke sath unprotected sex kiya tha. Uske period aa gye h but 1 hi din aaye h Kya wo pregnent h.
I had sex on 11 th April nd it's my period date also but I didn't get period nd on 14april Did pregnancy test nd that was negative nd my period was late by 4 days my period come after the test on 15 april so now is any chances of pregnancy pls let me know I am so worried about this.
I am 19 years old and my period was missed last 2 months and I do pregnancy test thrice but its negative. Is it possible that I am pregnant.
Hello doctor I am 28 years old. Had got married in feb 2014. We are planning for baby. But from last 2-3 months we are having not having regular sex. And my husband seems to be losing interest in it as prior he used to have foreplay session and would insest to make love. But now its me who has to start on with the session and the energy is also low. Please advice me as how to bring back the interest. And now a days he is everytime forcing to have anal sex but I am scared and not comfortable. Please help. Also is it normal as when he dicharges the liquid flow back out.
Ayurveda, translated into science of life and longevity, has been practiced in India for more than 5000 years and has gained worldwide popularity. It uses noninvasive and natural methods, produces minimal side effects and therefore, is being widely accepted.
Ayurveda believes that the body is made of pitta, vata, and kapha systems (or doshas) and diseases are due to imbalance between these or predominance of one over the others. Obesity for instance is believed to be due to kapha predominance, leading to excessive eating and thereby obesity. There are various herbs (listed below) that are used in treatment of weight loss, and they all act by burning more fat and improving natural metabolism.
Vrikshamla (Garcinia cambogia): Known commonly as brindleberry or mangosteen oil tree or malabar tamarind, this helps to reduce triglycerides and control cholesterol. It also suppresses appetite and inhibits lipogenesis (conversion of sugars to fat)
Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra): Licorice has been widely accepted as an anti obesity herb, especially in reducing abdominal fat. It acts by reducing the amount of triglyceride in the liver and blood. It also contain flavonoids, which slow down oxidation of fatty acids.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale): An herb with varied medicinal properties, ginger has a multitude of health benefits. It promotes weight loss by lowering cholesterol and reducing fat accumulation. It also regulates metabolism of cholesterol and oxidation of fatty acids.
Kalonji (Glycyrrhiza Glabra): During clinical trials, the seed extract of Kalonji has been shown to improve body mass index and lead to better waist-hip ratios.
Myrhh (Commiphora Resin): The bark of the flowering Mukul Myrhh tree produces a sticky, yellowish resin that has been identified to be a steroid compound. It is harvested in winters and considered to act on all 3 doshas and provide an equilibrium in the body. Commonly known as guggul, it translates to "one that protects against disease." That in a way sums up its medicinal properties. In obese people, it helps by lowering blood cholesterol and triglycerides and is considered a very powerful fat burner.
It is proven that Ayurveda is a safe method to help you lose weight. Also, please note that each of these above products will have benefits in other medical conditions and not used only in obesity cases. In addition to the above specific products, there should be a combination of healthy eating and exercise, which primarily drives weight loss. Balancing eating and sleeping to homogenise the three doshas in the body is also very important for effective weight loss. Increasing water intake, reducing alcohol intake, planning protein-carb ratio, and customized exercise routine are are aspects to be considered.