Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ayurvedas online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mit S Shah
Submit a review for Dr. Mit S ShahYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
B. Ramya Krishna
Dr. Mit S Shah provides answers that are knowledgeable. Knowledgeable
Men usually suffer from three different types of sexual dysfunction: problems in Ejaculation, Erectile dysfunction and lack of sexual desire. However, it is not always a physical problem; there may be psychological dimensions too. So, evaluation of the problem by a competent and qualified doctor is the first priority.
Such problems are more often than not caused by various lifestyle stress factors, like stress in workplace, stress in relations, etc. One needs a wholesome solution to address all the problems which are contributing to Sexual Dysfunction. In that perspective, Ayurveda can be a good choice.
In fact, Ayurveda has a separate chapter for Male Sexual Dysfunction and its treatment.
Ayurveda is often referred to as Ashtanga Ayurveda. It means that the knowledge of Ayurveda is compiled in 8 different parts. Some of these parts are diseases related to infants, healing of psychological problems, toxicology etc. The eighth part, known as Vrishya Chikitsa, deals with Sexual Dysfunction and its treatment protocol in detail. It is also known as the science of Aphrodisiacs and Virility.
Male Sexual Dysfunction: An Ayurvedic Insight
The Tenet of Tridasha: Vata, Pitta and Kapha are innate to Ayurveda. In order to stay healthy, virile and sexually active, there needs to be a balance in these three doshas. If there is an abnormal increase or decrease in any of these doshas, a person is likely to suffer. This can happen when there is a disequilibrium in the seven tissues of the body, also known as Dhatu. They are known as Rasa, Rakta, Meda, Mamsa, Majja, Asthi and Shukra. Among these, Shukra is the reproductive fluid or the semen. So, if there is a problem with Shukra, one can suffer from sexual dysfunction.
Vajikaran: The Ayurvedic Remedy For sexual dysfunction
The word Vajikaran alludes to the vigour of a horse. So, proper Ayurvedic remedy can help to achieve horse like sexual vigour. What sets it apart from modern medicine is that it prescribes a wholesome development in dispensation. If the directives are followed strictly, one can achieve good physique, strength, virility and sexual potency like an 8-year-old horse. However, Vajikaran is not just a set of medicines. It is a set of instructions regarding lifestyle changes, diet and medicinal formulations.
Doctors recommend sweet and dense foods like Peanuts, Butter, Red meat, etc. to people suffering from Sexual Dysfunction. These are nutritious foods, which also increase the Kapha Dosha of the body and thus increase Virility.
Ayurveda can treat Male Sexual Dysfunction comprehensively, but one needs to follow all the instructions, implement all the lifestyle changes, maintain all the dietary tips and consume all the Ayurveda medicines given by a doctor who is expert in Ayurveda.
Panchakarma is the Sanskrit word for five actions. It is an Ayurvedic mode of treatment where a five-stage therapy is used to rid the body of toxins. The treatment takes advantage of the self-healing property of the body. It just helps the body get into the mode of detoxification and self-healing.
Ayurveda considers that the human body has its own healing power. However, our food habits and lifestyle choices make the process of healing fast or slow. Panchakarma is an effective way of rejuvenating the body and helping it to remove the toxins and cleanse the body. It makes use of five therapeutic measures to do this.
All of these stages have a common goal and that is to restore the natural balance of body, mind and spirit, the basic tenet of healthy life.
During Panchakarma, the body is massaged with oil. This massage triggers the detoxifying process and removes the harmful toxins from the circulatory system, digestive system and nervous system. This helps to restore the physiological equilibrium of the body. On further massaging, the fat deposit in the body also comes down. You can have a glowing skin and improved mental faculties. You can also get rid of anxiety, insomnia, etc.
According to Ayurveda, diseases are result of an imbalance in the three doshas: Kapha dosha, Pitta dosha and Vata dosha.
Ayurvedic practitioners resort to pulse diagnosis to get an insight into the cause of this imbalance. With the help of Pulse information, they can keep track of key health parameters and devise the Panchakarma treatment accordingly.
Benefits of Panchakarma-
- Slows Down Aging: It slows down the process of aging and helps the body to detoxify itself by clearing the blocked channels for eliminating the toxins from the body. This naturally slows down the aging process.
- Improves Digestive Capacity: Yoga and meditation can help to improve digestion of food. It enhances digestive strength by abating the digestive juices and this improves the overall health
- Improves Sleep Pattern: Sleep disturbance is one of the significant causes of imbalance between the three doshas. Since the innate purpose of treatment in Ayurveda is restoring the normal balance between the doshas, Panchakarma treatment helps to improve the sleep cycle.
Panchakarma treatment is a combination of a variety of massages with a variety of herbs and oil, relaxation techniques, yoga and meditation. All these are geared towards restoring the natural sleep cycle and removing the toxins accumulated in the body.
Motherhood is a big responsibility. Being a caretaker and a nurturer requires a lot of hard work and time. Staying active physically, emotionally and spiritually is the most difficult work of all. It is even more tiring as the entire process of giving birth is a tiring task in itself.
In order to get over this tiredness, according to Ayurveda, one should try to calm their Vata. Spiritual elements of the body are collectively called Vata. Vata is responsible for maintaining the balance and order of the body.
How to calm Vata?
For the Mother:
A mother is tired, sleep deprived, and in pain after the daunting process of giving birth.
- She should be present in cold and dry environment at all times
- To calm her Vata, she should maintain her diet as well
- This includes having light food, good fruits, and a lot of water
- It is very important to remember she shouldn’t eat spicy food at all
- She should try having food that provides nourishment to the body by including special herbs in the food, like Fenugreek, Ashwagandha and Pippali. These herbs stimulate the nourishing quality of food and provide the perfect balance to body.
For the Baby:
When it comes to taking care of infants, the best medicine and nurturer is the mother’s milk.
- After the toddler is 10-11 months old, Ayurveda can play a major role in their diet.
- Rasayana and Chyawanprash can boost immunity in children and calm their Vata.
- Swarna bhasma when mixed with ghee and honey can be a very effective medicine during cold.
- Shankhapushpi is also a medicinal herb that is very useful to boost immunity during the winters.
- Physical care is important for both the mother and the baby. This includes mild massages and exercises from time to time.
- Massages in the mother should be focused on the hip and the lower back region, as those are the places that experience most pain in the body. Ashwagandha and Bala oils are the best to massage with.
- When it comes to the child, the most focused part is the skin. Though infants shouldn’t be subjected to massages at first, after a year, one can massage a baby with Snehana and Ashwagandha oils to improve the skin.
- The mother and the child need emotional support more than anything. This requires a mother to spend time with her child as much as possible.
- A mother should get ample amount of sleep during the nights. So, as much as possible, the father should take care of the child during the nights.
Above are some of the best practices to nurture mother and the child. But it's not an easy task. It's going to be challenging and confusing, but once this becomes a habit, everything will fall into places. Consulting an Ayurvedic doctor is very helpful at this stage.
Surya Namaskar literally translates to “bowing to the sun.” It is a combination of 12 yoga asanas, where the body, mind, and soul are brought into complete synchrony. They are done in sets, some do 12, some 15, while some 30 depending on their endurance. Scientifically too, there are multiple benefits from Surya namaskar. Read on to know the most prominent ones.
- Stretching and flexibility: The 12 asanas which are part of the Surya Namaskar ensure that every part of the body is exercise. The flexibility that comes with it is to be experienced to be believed. This is extremely beneficial for the bones, joints, and ligaments of the entire body and spine.
- Improves internal organ functioning: The various stretching improves blood flow to the organs and improves their functioning. The result is a better functioning digestive system and kidneys, which help in better absorption of nutrients from food and thorough elimination of metabolic wastes. Detox happens naturally, with the release of trapped gasses and improved enzyme secretion.
- Weight loss: One of the best-proven ways to lose weight is to do the 12 asanas regularly on a daily basis. It is a perfect workout involving the complete body and is great for losing weight around the belly. It also is proven to improve the thyroid gland functioning, which plays a significant role in metabolism and leads to weight gain.
- Bone health: Traditionally, it is done during the early morning hours, at sunrise, which ensures the body gets the required amount of vitamin D. This is essential for good bone health.
- Stress buster: Stress release happens in multiple ways. Deep focused breathing is one of them. During the asanas, control over breathing is very essential and so stress control is ensured. Various muscles and bones get tense with stress, and thorough stretching helps relieve the stress buildup. The mind is also calmed during the workout, and so stress relief is further enhanced.
- Cure for insomnia: People who are not able to sleep should do Surya Namaskar on a regular basis and ensure sound sleep regularly. Both stress relief and the perfect workout ensures good sleep is guaranteed.
- Helpful in menstrual cycles: Women who have cramps during their menstrual cycles have shown very good improvement with the inclusion of this exercise. It also is shown to benefit people with irregular menstruation via the improved circulation. Pregnant women doing Surya Namaskars are more likely to have a normal delivery.
- Glowing Skin: With the release of toxins and stress, a glowing skin is but natural.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Acidity is an ailment that troubles most people regardless of the absence of any other medical condition. It causes discomfort in the chest region along with heart burn and indigestion. If you are distressed with acidity, you may consider undergoing ayurvedic treatment which would help in alleviating the problem to a great extent-
1. Tulsi leaves:
- Tulsi leaves help in stimulating the stomach for production of more mucus and are also rich in anti-ulcer properties which cause a significant reduction in the effects of gastric acid.
- It is recommended to chew 5 to 6 clean Tulsi leaves when you have acidity to soothe the stomach.
- The potassium content in ripe bananas helps in eliminating sudden bouts of acidity.
- Bananas also aid in relieving constipation problems and cause healthy bowel movement.
3. Cumin seeds:
- Cumin seeds which are commonly used in cooking dishes have anti-inflammatory properties that aid in soothing the digestive tract.
- These stimulate saliva production, boost metabolism and relieve the problem of bloating along with other discomforts caused by gastric troubles.
- You may chew a few cumin seeds when troubled with acidity or boil them in water and drink the solution.
4. Cold milk:
- The richness of calcium in milk aids in reducing acid problems and absorbing the acid which has already been produced.
- It helps in providing instant relief from the burning sensation owing to its coldness.
- But it is important to drink it plain without any additives like sugar.
- Cloves are known for their calmative properties which help to improve the process of peristalsis by which food moves down the stomach.
- When you put a clove in your mouth, just bite it once to help in releasing the extracts which would reach your digestive tract and immediately lower down the acid reflux.
- If you do not find raw ginger to be very pungent, you can keep a candied ginger slice in your mouth for instant relief from acidity.
- If you feel that you wouldn’t be able to chew raw ginger, you can boil it in water and drink it after it cools down.
- Ginger can be also eaten with a small piece of jaggery to help the juice reach the stomach and alleviate the acidity.
7. Mint leaves:
- Commonly referred to as ‘pudina’, mint leaves are known for lowering the acid content and improve digestion.
- If you feel that an acid attack is imminent, you can chop down a few mint leaves and boil it in water and drink the solution for eliminating bloating problems.
These few Ayurvedic remedies can help in soothing acidity along with its other symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!