Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MehulYour feedback matters!
I have rct of my tooth 4 year ago. But now mild pain start in that tooth. Not continuously but when I chew something. I consult doc. He said that your rct is not done properly. So he advice me re RCT. What should I do. please guide me.
Am 26 years old man. Am facing a problem in teeth. It gives me uncomfortable feeling ad a hole in my teeth. I think it needs to be cure with root canal treatment. Suggesting any home remedies for faster relief.
Here are some causes and treatments for tooth sensitivity.
I have a decay in one of my tooth, But there is no pain in the teeth because that has not attacked pulp, I have consulted a dentist and he has suggested me to undergo for root canal treatment and he just excavated and did temporary filling! So should I undergo root canal or else go back and continue for permanent filling? But there is no pain, And one problem was I could not eat with that particular teeth, It is molar!
Hello sir, I am 22 years old. I have yellow teeth. I used all colgate tooth paste. But still I have yellow teeth. What can I do?
Hello I want to know there is a yellow layer on my teeth, I had two times bleech on my teeth and it comes again and again, so can you suggest me something to remove it for lifetime. Thanks
I have cavity problem. I brush twice a day but cavity doesn't stop and in other tooths are also cavity started. What should I do and which toothpaste I use to prevent cavity?
I consulted to a Dentist and he said I am suffering through Gingivitis. He just cleaned my teeth and gums and while doing it, he said my gums are clean and he don't see any reason for its cause. My gums still bleed while brushing and sometimes when I wake up.
I am 22 years old and lives in india. For the past 10 years I am suffering from mouth ulcer and I tried allopathy, homeo and ayurveda, but none of them provided with best results. Can you help me?
I got a Visible Built up of Tartar On my Teeth (front side Of teeth )which are visible. What would Be average cost of Having it removed By Dental procedure In Mumbai Suburban Area? FYI built up of tartar is Thick on my Teeth. And Is Other Thing Is is their any working Home Remedy To remove Tartar?
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.