Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenu Bansal
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Treatment of PCOS
Treatment of Pcod Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Meenu BansalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Medical science recommends that women should undergo regular checkups of their breasts in a bid to preserve health and ensure a certain quality of life. However, it has been observed that most women are not aware of the breast self-examination routine.
Here a question arises: how well does a woman know her breasts?
When women are checking for something severe like breast cancer, they should be aware of the physical manifestations of the condition and the associated risks of any malignant tissue growth. A test can detect any alterations in the breasts, and the results must be reported to a gynecologist.
Checking your breasts
The shape, size, and consistency of the breasts of each woman are unique and may even vary by the menstrual cycle. For instance, some women have lumpy and tender breasts during the time of their periods. Menopause also brings its own set of changes when the normal breasts feel softer and less firm.
When a woman checks her breasts, there are certain things that she should be careful about. Any alterations in the size, outline, or shape of the organs must be noted. Changes in the look and feel of the skin like dimpling and puckering should raise red flags in the course of a breast self-examination. Women must check whether they have any discharge from the nipples other than milk, or blood oozing out of nipples, or a new lump or thickening in a part of the breast. Rashes on and around the nipple and any discomfort or pain in the breasts should be reported to a gynecologist.
Even though these symptoms do not necessarily denote the presence of cancerous growths, women must be advised to stay protected. Regardless of what the underlying health conditions may be, it is crucial that any growth is detected in the early stages and must be treated efficiently.
Benefits of breast self-examination
Most women opt to perform a breast self-examination as an integral part of the breast screening regime. When this method is combined with clinical breast examination as performed by an expert, it results in optimum breast screening. We note that breast self-examinations are considered an effective tool to ensure optimum health in women.
These procedures can help detect cancer in its early stages. A breast self-examination also offers a higher chance of curing any untoward conditions. Even though it cannot reduce the chance of dying from breast cancer, it can reduce the potential risks of various other diseases.
Raising awareness among members of the public represents a key strategy for population-based breast cancer control. Many low and middle-income countries like India face a double burden of the breast as well as cervical cancer, which are regarded as the top fatal cancers in women. It is therefore essential to implement a combination of strategies for addressing public health issues efficiently.
Reproductive health is a significant social and medical concern in a developing country like India. An estimated 25% of women in India suffer from acute cystitis and recurrent UTIs or urinary tract infections. Women are susceptible to the condition and those that develop this disease within two weeks of treatment either undergo a recurrence or an infection owing to the original uropathogen. Preventing urinary tract infections has become even more significant since it can lead to further complications that may require surgery.
How to prevent recurrent UTIs?
The three main risk factors for recurrent urinary tract infections in women include a high number of sexual intercourse without protection, the use of a diaphragm and spermicide, and lastly, the loss of effect of estrogen in the vagina and periurethral structures. Women that suffer from about 2 to 3 urinary tract infections in a year can significantly benefit from behavioral modifications.
A few effective measures have been listed below:
- Emptying the bladder: Sexually active women must void the bladder right after sexual intercourse. This action reduces the chances of coitus-related introduction of bacteria into the bladder. According to some experts, large volumes of urinary flow can also reduce the risk of urinary tract infections.
- Drinking more fluids: The increased intake of fluids, preferably coconut water and plain water, can reduce the risk of repeated infections in women’s urinary tracts. The benefits are not limited to premenopausal women, but women of all ages. A frequent voiding of the bladder also cuts the chances of infection.
- Refraining from holding it: As long as women retain urine to sit in their bladders, bacteria can build up and spread to other parts as well. Medical professionals advise women to use the washroom once every 4 hours and more often if they have recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Wiping from front to back: Bacterial infection to the urethra can be accessed through the vagina and the rectum. When women wipe from back to front, the bacteria in the rectum accesses the urethra through the vagina. To avoid this, women are advised to wipe from front to back.
- Cranberries are good for health: Cranberries are rich in proanthocyanins. These chemicals are believed to inhibit bacteria from sticking into the bladder. In the absence of access to real cranberries, women should drink cranberry juice or its supplements.
- Choosing suitable contraceptives: Women that are prone to develop UTIs should stay away from diaphragms and spermicide since these can alter the natural pH balance of their private parts. This aids bacterial growth. Diaphragms are less problematic, but they may inhibit the complete voiding of the bladder and may trigger bacterial overgrowth.
Women who are approaching menopause or in menopause must consider ingesting estrogen supplements since the deficiency of this useful hormone makes them vulnerable to infection-causing bacteria. It is advisable to discuss the issue with the doctor and follow the recommendations. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With the advancements in medical science and technology, detecting abnormalities in fetus has become possible, which is indeed a boon for soon-to-be parents. During pregnancy, the fetus develops in an environment surrounded by a water-based fluid called the amniotic fluid. This fluid contains some substances such as live fetal cells and nutrients.
A medical analysis of this fluid can reveal valuable information regarding the health of the baby. This prenatal test is called amniocentesis. This process entails a trained medical professional inserting a needle into the uterus through the belly. The action allows the needle to collect a minimal amount of the amniotic fluid. In case you are wondering, whether the process is ideal for you or not, continue reading this article.
Who can benefit from this test?
Amniocentesis is ideal for women that already have a child with congenital disabilities such as Spina bifida or Down’s syndrome. The test can also be applied to women that are of 37 years or above in age and face risks of pregnancy complications. Apart from this, amniocentesis can be performed for other reasons. For instance, when the parents wish to know if their baby is with any metabolism or genetic abnormalities.
Are there any complications involved?
Amniocentesis is mostly a safe medical test, and the risk of any complications associated with it remain little. However, it is true that specific risks persist. For example, undergoing amniocentesis may cause a miscarriage or leakage of the amniotic fluid or an infection of the amniotic fluid. However, one must remember that these risks are infrequent and mostly depend on the health conditions of the patient.
What are the benefits?
Amniocentesis has some benefits to offer. This procedure is widely used in determining the presence of any genetic disorders or abnormalities. It is also used for fetal lung testing. This test also helps doctors to diagnose any fetal infections or any other illness. Sometimes, when too much of the amniotic fluid is accumulated during pregnancy, this test is performed to drain the excess liquid from the uterus.
Why should one opt for it?
This test is capable of identifying hundreds of genetic disorders. Therefore, mothers that stand at high risk of delivering babies with genetic abnormalities can benefit from this test. Also, this test is extremely helpful in finding whether the lungs of the baby have grown enough or the baby may require medical assistance after birth. Further, amniocentesis becomes a significant test when the delivery is performed on an emergency basis.
The test results can ensure that a baby does not have any chromosomal or genetic abnormalities. Abnormal results may mean that that the baby has a severe congenital deficiency or a genetic problem. No matter the outcome, women are advised to consult with their gynecologists. The doctors can guide the patients regarding the next best health practices and available treatments. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Giving birth to a healthy baby is a delightful experience for every woman. Few things in life are as precious as childbirth. After childbirth, women must not only focus on the growing child but also must take special care of their health. These actions are necessary to avoid suffering medical complications that may arise in the post-partum period. A healthy diet can empower new mothers to recover their health. The daily diet should be carefully monitored; it must comprise certain essential foods. We will survey a list of essential foods and nutrients in the passages below.
- Low-fat milk products: Low-fat milk products must form an essential part of a new mother’s diet. These foods supply crucial protein and offer a high concentration of calcium that boosts bone growth and development. We note that a mother’s body undergoes significant stress levels during the duration of pregnancy. The regular intake of healthy foods helps her body to recover and rejuvenate.
- Lean meats: Lean meats should be included in the post-partum diet. These foods supply animal proteins and energy that a mother needs to nurse her child. Breastfeeding drains the mother’s body of nutrients and lean meats help to rejuvenate the mother’s biological system.
- Blueberries: Blueberries constitute a crucial component of the daily diet during the post pregnancy stage. These fruits carry the right amount of minerals and vitamins. Healthy carbohydrates are also recommended because these can boost the mother’s bodily functions in the aftermath of childbirth.
- Brown rice: The consumption of brown rice increases a new mother’s energy levels in the post-pregnancy period. This food item enables the mother’s body to gain crucial calories and physical strength.
- Oranges: Including oranges in a post pregnancy diet is a great idea as they are known to boosts human health. Oranges are citrus fruits and have an intense concentration of Vitamin C, which is necessary to breastfeed the new baby. The tangy taste orange also helps the mother get the taste buds to full function.
- Salmon: Fishes like salmon must figure prominently in the diet after childbirth. Salmon is rich in Omega 3 and DHA, the latter being a fat which is needed for the healthy development of an infant’s nervous system. DHA is also capable of lifting human mood and keeping post-partum depression at bay.
- Whole wheat bread: Whole wheat bread should be added regularly to a post-partum diet. This food item offers plenty of the iron and fiber; these ensure that the breast milk produced by the mother’s body is healthy for her baby.
These suggestions can be used in conjunction with medical advice. The consumption of these foods ensures that the mother remains healthy and strong during the post-pregnancy period.
Family planning is an important aspect of modern healthcare and public policy systems. The basal body temperature method is a type of awareness-based procedure that promotes natural family planning. The basal body temperature is the temperature of the body when the person is at complete rest. Ovulation tends to cause a slight rise in the basal body temperature. Most women are in their most fertile state during two to three days before the increase in body temperature. Therefore, tracking the basal body temperature every day enables women to predict the probable date of ovulation. This, in turn, can help women determine the time spans when they are most likely to conceive.
Importance of basal body temperature
When women wish to get pregnant, the basal body temperature can be used to determine the best days to perform sexual intercourse. On the other hand, women that want to avoid pregnancy can use this technique to help prevent unprotected intercourse. This method alone does not provide adequate warning time to prevent pregnancy efficiently; it should be used in combination with other fertility awareness methods when women want to avoid pregnancy.
Tracking the basal body temperature for contraception or fertility reasons is not just economical but the method offers no side effects. Some women choose this method because it conforms to their religious beliefs.
This method can also be used to detect pregnancy. Immediately after ovulation, a rise in the basal body temperature (lasting for more than 18 days) can signal the onset of pregnancy.
Are there any risks?
We must mention that using the basal body temperature method does not have to carry any risks or complications. However, the method does not offer any protection from sexually transmitted diseases and other infections. Women that are not ready to conceive should avoid sexual intercourse altogether. Else, they may use the barrier method of contraception during the fertile days in each month.
It is crucial to bear in mind that the basal body temperature can be affected by various factors. These include physical and psychological stress, fever, illness, interruption in sleep cycles, the consumption of alcohol, gynecological disorders, taking certain medicines.
Preparing for basal body temperature method
Women who are interested in using this method can track basal body temperature without any special preparations. Healthcare professionals recommend the use of a digital thermometer. Alternatively, women can use a thermometer mainly devised to measure basal body temperature. Also, women must ensure that they allow themselves regular hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. This schedule will enable them to gain accurate readings of body temperature. Also, they must consult with a gynecologist if they have recently given birth or have stopped taking hormonal contraceptives, are breastfeeding, or about to approach menopause. These actions and processes can help women to control their reproductive health. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Every expectant mother dreams of holding her little one and counts days for that moment. But the undesirable and unforeseen complication of miscarriage can put an end to all the effort, love, and pain invested in conceiving a child and developing pregnancy. Worldwide, thousands of miscarriages occur every year. These events can destroy lives, but certain actions such as enumerated below can ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Check for STDs: Pregnant women and their families need to check with medical professionals and undergo screening procedures that detect sexually transmitted diseases. These tests assess the medical condition of the patient and determine the risk of contracting diseases such as herpes, syphilis, or HIV. The screening tests are important because such diseases can complicate a pregnancy or prove fatal to a pregnant woman.
- Opt for proper diet: Pregnant women must be careful about their eating habits during the entire duration of the pregnancy. A healthy diet ensures safety for the unborn child and the mother to be. For instance, pregnant women should steer clear of unpasteurized dairy products and oil-rich foods. Their diet must include sufficient amounts of protein, milk, vitamins, and fruits.
- Indulge in exercise: Pregnant women should undertake mild forms of physical exercise. These exertions ensure good health and lively blood circulation. They must avoid rigorous exercises because these elevate body temperatures and may reduce the flow of blood flow to the developing fetus.
- Exercise caution with outdoor adventure: Women undergoing a pregnancy must avoid any form of adventure sports or risky undertakings in the wild outdoors. Falls, injuries, and other types of shock may trigger an involuntary abortion of the developing fetus. These events may also harm the health of expectant mothers.
- Follow a vaccination schedule: Expecting women must be careful about vaccination records. Daily schedules must be designed to attend every vaccination date. Women must schedule a new appointment in case of a missed rendezvous with vaccination procedures.
- Maintain body weight: Expecting mothers should avoid the pitfalls of obese health conditions. This enables them to carry out the full term of pregnancy. Overweight women face higher risks of undergoing a miscarriage. Therefore, efforts must be made to maintain a healthy body mass index and a healthy body weight.
- Stay relaxed: Women in advanced stages of pregnancy must relax and retain a positive mindset at all times. A rise in stress levels during the term of pregnancy can lead to increased levels of abdominal fat and insulin resistance, both of which are risk factors associated with a miscarriage.
- Avoid exposure to toxins: Synthetic chemicals can harm the developing foetus and therefore, pregnant women should avoid toxicity in every form. Toxins abound in cosmetics and beauty products, as also in certain cosmetic supplements. These can prove to be hazardous for the health of pregnant women.
- Stay away from tobacco, caffeine, and alcohol: Pregnant women must steer clear of stimulants because these heighten the risks of a miscarriage. The unfortunate condition is an outcome of various factors; stimulants figure prominently in that list.
- Regular follow up with the doctor: Regular communications with doctors and health professionals can ensure an uneventful pregnancy. Conditions like lupus and thyroid can pose a danger to pregnancy; therefore, expectant mothers need to consult with their physicians to reduce the risks associated with any ailments.
These recommendations can cut the occurrence of a miscarriage and ensure a healthy pregnancy and joyful delivery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!