Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meena C AminYour feedback matters!
I was on Novelon 21 day novelon pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of june which I doubled up with the last pill of the pack after 24 hours. Then I took a pill free week of 6 days and my withdrawal bleed was from 5-8th july I started new pack of july on 8th and had protected intercourse on 9th but the same condom was used for 3 rounds. Again had protected sex on 14th and it was the last one which was protected and condoms did not break or had holes on both the intercourse. I never missed a pill until 21st of july which I took it with the next day pill on 22nd july. On 22nd july morning I had a breakthrough bleeding which was stopped as soon as I took the next pill. My pill pack ended on 28th july and I had my withdrawal bleed on 1st aug which continued upto 6th of aug. Bleeding was like normal withdrawal bleeding on pills. Still I took a test today and yesterday after 1 month and 1 week and it came out to be negative. Am I 100% safe? Do I need to do further hpt or blood test?
Dear doctor my last period was on January 17th. Actually mu periods are not in regular. Doctor prescribed me norethsterone tablet from 8th February ( 23rd day of cycle). But i had pain on abdomen from yesterday and i have not get periods yet now. Please give me answer of my problem
Hi doctor, on dec 18th a gave birth to baby and its my second ceaserean and my weight is 90 kgs and height is 5. 5" feet and I am feeding my baby I want to loss my weight when can I start yoga please suggest me.
Doctor my wife is pregnant 3rd month running Dr. pls tell me what kind food she have to eat in vegetables and fruits.
अगर आप अपने वजन को ले कर काफी सचेत रहती हैं, तो आप को एक बार भोजन में दलिया जरुर ट्राई करना चाहिये। इससे पहले कि हम आपको यह समझाएं कि दलिया किस तरह से वजन को नियंत्रित करती है, उससे पहले हम यह जान लें कि दलिया क्या चीज है। दलिया को अंग्रेजी में ब्रोकन वीट भी कहते हैं, जो कि गेंहू को दरदरी पीस कर बनाई जाती है। दलिया में उच्च मात्रा में फाइबर, प्राटीन और विटामिन बी पाया जाता है। कुछ लोग वजन कम करने के लिये ओट्स आदि भी खाते हैं। लेकिल उसे खाने से तुरंत ही भूंख लग जाती है। मगर दलिया खाने से आपका पेट लंबे समय तब भरा रहेगा और आपको 2 घंटों तक भूंख भी नहीं लगेगी। मोटापा कम करने के ये कीजिये यह नाश्ता आप दलिया को या तो मसाले और सब्जियों के साथ पका सकती हैं या फिर उसमें दूध डाल कर मिक्स कर सकती हैं। तो चलिये जानते हैं दलिया खा कर कैसे होता है वजन कम?
दलिया में बहुत ही थोड़ी सी कैलोरी पाई जाती है। अगर आप दलिया खाती हैं तो आपको ढेर सारे फाइबर के साथ पोषण भी मिलेगा और आपका वजन भी नहीं बढेगा।
खाने में अगर बहुत सारा फाइबर होता है तो पाचन सही होता है। फाइबर ना तो शक्कर में बदलता है और इसलिये यह वेट लॉस में मदद करता है।
आराम से हजम होती है
आप सोंचती होंगी कि जो खाना तुरंत हजम हो जाता है वह शरीर का मोटापा बिल्कुल नहीं बढाता? मगर ऐसा नहीं होता, जल्दी से हजम हो जाने वाले आहार तुरंत-तुरंत भूंख पैदा कर शरीर में शक्कर स्टोर करते हैं। ऐसे में दलिया देर से पचने वाला आहार है, जिसे खाने के बाद तुरंत भूंख नहीं लगती।
उच्च प्रोटीन युक्त
दलिया में उच्च प्रोटीन की मात्रा होती है। इसमें मीट की तरह प्रोटीन के साथ वसा नहीं होती। यह सेफ, फैट फ्री है, जिसे आपके भोजन में जरुर शामिल होना चाहिये।
पेट भरने वाला
इसमें उच्च मात्रा में रेशा होने के नाते, इसे खाते ही पूरा पेट भर जाता है। इसे खाने के बाद आपको 2 घंटों तक भूख नहीं लगेगी।
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
Procedure: In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12 inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure: After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!
I am 31 and I had one miscarriage and one abortion 1 and half years back. And Am hypothyroid patient but am very thin. Now am finding difficult to conceive. Doctor gave injection for ovulation but still m not able to conceive Pls suggest as I want to conceive naturally.
I am 24 years old I am trying to become pregnant. My marriage is on nov 2013. This month I had a viginal discharge more than naturally that we having before mensuration. Is it a symptom of pregnancy or any infection?
My sister is 30 years old, married with a 10 year old son. She feels like somebody is killing her with a knife on the chest. She feels alot of pain from pain. She doesn't see anybody killing. She isn't hallucinating. She doesn't do anything all day. She just sits in one corner of the house and when somebody asks her. How's she. She starts crying. Sometimes she looks ok when she is working like when she is making food. But she says it's hurting from inside. She had not got periods also since the problem started. Is this some kind of mental disorder? If this is psychological problems then how is it affecting her menstruation! What is it? She used to feel the same 4 years before. But then a baba did something and it got cured. She became normal. Now the same problem have started again. please help. N please recommend any counselor who can do herat leastone counselling session for free.
A lot of diets claim to help ‘boost’ metabolism – but can you really do anything to help your body burn calories faster?
Let us understand a little about how your metabolism works. The metabolic process involves a complex network of hormones and enzymes that not only convert food into fuel, but also affect how efficiently you burn that fuel. How fast you burn calories is influenced by your age ; your gender and proportion of lean body mass . So some people have high metabolic rate as compared to others.
Even though you are not born with “skinny genes” , you can still speed up your metabolism i.e. increase your body’s ability to burn calories faster.
Exercise. Working out builds muscle. Muscle speeds metabolism. As the body works more efficiently, it processes food faster.
Besides exercise there are other things which boost up your metabolim.
- Spices: Research has found red peppers can rev up your metabolism, while also helping you feel full. Hot sauce, hot peppers, ginger, cloves, cayenne, coriander, bay leaves, and dry mustard share this capacity to boost metabolism.
2. Caffeinate: Coffee, tea, or other caffeinated (but low or no-calorie) beverages may also help burn calories faster. In fact, caffeine may boost your metabolic rate for up to three hours after consumption. But don’t overdo caffeine if it gives you the jitters or keeps you up at night. For most people, 3-4 cups per day is tolerable.
3. Stay Hydrated: Even mild dehydration has been found to decrease your metabolic rate by 2%, so staying well hydrated is an easy way to help boost overall metabolic rate. People who drink either eight or twelve glasses of water a day have higher metabolic rates than those who have four.
4. Eat More Often: Small, frequent meals help keep your metabolism high , and that means you’ll burn more calories overall. When you put too many hours between meals, your metabolism actually slows down to compensate. If you then eat a huge meal — at the same time your metabolism is functioning as if you’re starving — your body wants to hold on to every calorie. While this won’t make much difference on an occasional basis, it can become more difficult to lose weight or maintain weight a healthy weight if you frequently skip meals.
Hello sir, I married one year before, still we do not have child, recently we have check the hemoglobin level of my wife its just 5.85 only. Also I have one bad habit in childhood days and teen ages, that is masturbation. Its effects the pregnancy. Please guide me.
प्र. वमन क्या है?
उ. शरीर में इकट्ठे हुए दोषों को पहले स्नेहन और स्वेदन से कोष्ठ में लाकर, उल्टी के द्वारा बाहर निकालने की प्रक्रिया को वमन कहते हैं.
प्र. वमन के क्या फायदे हैं?
उ. वमन करने से शरीर में जमा हुआ कफ निकलने से एलर्जी, अस्थमा, नज़ला-जुकाम, पुरानी खाँसी, माइग्रेन, एसिडिटी, भूख ना लगना, थायरॉइड, भारीपन, डाइयबिटीस, कोलेस्टरॉल, त्वचा के रोग, गठिया, डिप्रेशन, सुस्ती जैसी बीमारियों में बहुत लाभ मिलता है. यदि किसी को यह रोग नही है, तो कफ निकल जाने से, इन रोगों की होने की संभावना भी नही रहती.
प्र. वमन कब करवाना चाहिए?
उ. रोग की अवस्था के अनुसार तो वमन कभी भी करवाया जा सकता है. लेकिन स्वास्थ्य की दृष्टि से वसंत ऋतु में वमन करना बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है. वसंत ऋतु में प्राकृतिक रूप से कफ बढ़ता है. ऐसे में यदि पहले की कफ का शोधन कर लिया जाए, तो रोग नही होते.
प्र. क्या वमन केवल रोगी के लिए ही है?
उ. नही, ऐसा बिल्कुल नही है. यदि स्वस्थ व्यक्ति वमन करवाता है, तो उसे कफ जनित रोग नही होते. इसलिए रोगी से भी ज़्यादा स्वस्थ व्यक्ति को इसकी ज़रूरत है.
If you notice blood while urinating, you must consult a urologist to get a clear picture of the health issue. Blood in urine is known as hematuria in medical terms. Such a condition can occur in both men and women. It is a common condition and does not require the patient to panic. Rather immediate tests should be conducted to find out the cause of the blood and treated accordingly. Such conditions are very much treatable with a little care and vigilance following of the doctor’s advice. Here are some of the common causes of hematuria in individuals:
- Urine Infections: Urine infections are the common cause of blood in your urine. Most commonly these affect urinary bladder and rarely kidneys also. Prompt identification and treatment can easily revert this problem.
- Urinary Stones: Another major cause of hematuria, usually accompanied by pain in the abdomen.
- Enlarged Prostate: With an enlarged prostate, there can be blood flow with the urine. Rarely this may be a sign of cancer in the prostate.
- Exercise: This might come as a surprise for many of the fitness freaks. While exercises are needed for the body and rightly so; but exercises should be done in a certain limit. Heavy exercises, limitless and vigorous exercises can sometimes cause other health problems in the body. One such problem is the passing of blood in the urine.
- Medications: Quite interesting is the fact that long-term consumption of certain medicines might cause hematuria in individuals. Certain medicines like penicillin and aspirin are absorbed by the body to a certain extent. But overdose or the regular dosage might lead to further problems in the human body.
- Kidney Injury: A kidney injury is a form of internal injury which can be felt and manifested through signs and symptoms. Such injuries occur mostly to those who are in the field of sports. At times, a heavy punch, a hard training session, or an exhaustive fall might lead to kidney injuries. This, in turn, would cause hematuria.
- Tumors of Urinary Tract: Bleeding can occur from tumors arising from kidney, ureter, urinary bladder as well as urethra. These require timely detection and management. Early treatment leads to an excellent long-term outcome.
Thus, these are some of the common reasons for the development of blood in urine. However, it is a condition which can be best analyzed by the medical practitioner. Therefore, on the occasion of blood, you must get it tested and treated immediately.