Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meena C AminYour feedback matters!
There are numerous conditions that can arise when the body does not process the dietary glucose properly. Hypoglycemia, otherwise called as low blood sugar, is when the blood sugar level in a person’s body decreases than normal value. Individuals with diabetes can get hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) when their bodies do not have enough sugar to use as fuel. It can happen for a few reasons, including diet, few medications and conditions, and exercise.
In case you get hypoglycemia, record the date and time when it happened and what you did. Give the record to your specialist, so he or she can search for a pattern and adjust your medications accordingly. The most widely recognized reason for hypoglycemia includes medicines used to treat diabetes mellitus, for example, insulin and sulfonylureas.
The risk is more noteworthy in diabetics who have eaten very less than what is required, exercised more than expected, or have had excessive alcohol. Other reasons for hypoglycemia incorporate kidney failure, certain cancers, for example, insulinoma, liver sickness, hypothyroidism, hunger, an inherent error of digestive system, extreme diseases, receptive hypoglycemia, various medications and liquor. The vast majority feels the symptoms of hypoglycemia when their glucose is 70 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or lower. Every individual with diabetes may have distinctive symptoms of hypoglycemia depending on their age, stage and other factors. You will figure out how to recognize yours.
Some of the most common symptoms are:
Early indications include:
- Shivering or shaking
- Pounding heart
- Racing pulse
- Pale skin
Anxiety Without treatment, you may get more serious side effects, including:
- Poor coordination
- Concentration issues
- Numbness in mouth and tongue
- Trouble talking, impaired speech
- Ataxia, incoordination, mistaken up for being drunk
- Central or general motor deficiency, loss of motion, hemiparesis
- Trance, coma like state, strange breathing
- Seizures Individuals with hypoglycemia unawareness do not have any idea about their glucose level drops.
In case you have this condition, your glucose can drop without you noticing it. Without quick treatment, you can pass out, encounter a seizure, or even go into a state of extreme coma. In case somebody is having an extreme reaction, for example, unconsciousness, it is imperative to inject a drug called glucagon and contact the hospital quickly. People who are at danger for low glucose need to speak with their specialist about getting a solution for glucagon. You should never give an unconscious individual anything by mouth, as it could make them choke. Hypoglycemia should not be ignored. Depending upon the type of symptoms you are witnessing, you should immediately rectify or consult with you specialist before it gets severe.
I am 28 years old. I had gone through thyroid profile. Tsh value increase ie 7.65. Should I start medicine or by changing life style it become nrml. Is it affect in pregnancy also. Kya kana chahiye. I do not want to take medicine. T3ort4 value normal.
As of July 2015, MERS-CoV cases have been reported in over 21 countries, including Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Turkey, Oman, Algeria, Bangladesh, Indonesia (none were confirmed), Austria, the United Kingdom, South Korea, the United States, Mainland China, Thailand, and the Philippines. In June 2015, WHO and the Republic of Korea’s Ministry of Public Health and Welfare presented the results of their joint assessment of the MERS outbreak. Moreover, Doctors describe MERS-CoV AS A FLU-LIKE ILLNESS WITH SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF PNEMONIA.
Prevention WHO currently recommends
Wear a medical mask. Wear eye production. Wear clean non sterile, long sleeved gown and gloves. Perform hand hygiene before and after contact with infected person. Perform procedures in an adequately ventilated room.
Wonders of homoeopathy
Those who had died in hospitals with CAMEL-FLU (MERS) AND SWINE FLU HAD LUNG FAILURE: DISEASE OF LUNG THAT KILLS THE PATIENT IS “PNEMONIA”. In the homoeopathic reference book HOMOEOPATHIC THERAPEUTICS by Dr Samuel Lilienthal on page 874-875 (in the chapter PNEMONIA) we find the words “epidemic pneumonia” under two remedies only viz Ferr. Met and Merc.Sol. The two remedies were studied in the 10 volumes Hering’s materia medica and the symptoms of the remedy Merc.sol agree with the symptoms of patients afflicted by Camel-flu (MERS) and Swine-flu. In this juncture, we hope that Merc.sol alone would be almost a specific for pandemic camel-flu.
For prevention, the same remedy Merc.sol 1000x may be given one dose once a month for three months. This prevents camel-flu for six months from the date of taking first dose. No diet or other restrictions.
Foot note Patients who had come to me after being tested positive for Swine-flu were given single dose of the homoeo medicine Merc.sol, and in just an hour’s time they got complete cure and after a week when they were tested for swine-flu, the result was negative.(The rate of success:99%).
An STD is transmitted by means of physical contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually, STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all.
But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Abstain: The most effective way to avoid STIs is to abstain from sex.
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to a healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduce the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world.
Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses trust between partners, plans to have children, and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If in doubt, don't hesitate to visit a skin specialist or a physician.
It's 6th month started of my wife's pregnancy the problem is in tha starting of 6 month she has feels baby's movement but 4 to 5 days now she says that there is no movement happen that it's 3rd day and she complaint that why baby is not moving Why is this happening is there any problem or its common And also she is complaining the pain in stomach (she has a gas problem) so is it possible that this pain arises due to gas.
I'm pregnant and this is 12th week going on. Now suddenly I wont see any white discharge and I have history of abortion at 11 weeks. So I m worried is this normal.
On a regular 26-33 day cycle for past 6 months. If one has had unprotected sexual act on the 5th day of period. Though there was no penetration. But there was ejaculation on the butt region outside. Soon it was washed with water. And an I pill was taken within 18 hrs after this act. This act took place in november 2015. There was bleeding for 2 days after 6 days from the I pill intake. With slight abdomen pain. N. Dizziness. Then in december got period for 4 days after 33 days from november period. And also in january got period for 4 days. Within a 30 day gap from december period. But in february 2016. Got period within 30 days gap. But only for 1 day. In december and january there was dizziness during the ovulation tym. In the meanwhile had taken 8 hpt with preganews. All morning samples. And all came negative. And also 2 beta hcg blood test was taken. First on 42 days from the sexual act of november and second on 63 days from sexual act of november. Both of which came <1 miu /ml. Also on 73 days from the sexual act. A pelvic sonography was taken. Which showed uterus is anteverted. Empty and measures 8.9cm*4.7cm*3.6cm. The problem now is I am sensitized to some peculiar type of smell. And also there is problem of some pain near my belly button. Also I find that my lower abdomen is slightly bulging. Though very soft. And can be pressed very easily. And my breast colour is also dark. So what is all these happening. Am I pregnant. Or the pregnancy is not there. please help me. As I do not want to get pregnant now. Also the november act was the first and last time I had any sexual act. please help me soon.
I had unprotected sex few days back. But he did not release the sperm inside my vagina. Still is there any risk of getting pregnant?
I am gay n I like to have anal sex with my partner. But anal sex is painful sometime kind help to advice which lub or medicine should I take to have smoother anal sex.
I'm suffering from urine infection last 8 months. Dr. said that there is a problem in my uterus. Internal skin of my uterus is going outside. I am gone through cryotherapy. But there is no relief in my problem. My peps test is normal. After periods when I do sex with my husband I have problem of urine infection. What I do please help me.
My wife is pregnant and completing 3 month but now she is suffering with pain back and inside pain. Also fever some time. Kindly advice me what should you do? I am consulting with local doctor. She has given tablet but not effecting. please guide.
Having oral sex is one of my great fantasy but I am confused, weather oral sex is safe or not? shall I insist my wife to have oral sex? does women really enjoy having anal sex?
Low sperm count. This is most often the cause of male infertility.
Low sperm motility. Second most common reason
Abnormal sperm. Another common reason
Low sperm count should not be viewed as a definitive diagnosis of infertility but as one indicator of a fertility problem. A normal sperm count is considered to be 20 million per milliliter of semen.
Male infertility is usually caused by problems that affect either sperm production or sperm transport. Through medical testing, the cause of the problem may be found out. Roughly 2/3rd of infertile men have a problem with making sperm in the testes.
Male infertility affects approximately 7% of all men it is commonly due to deficiencies in the semen, and semen quality is used as a alternate measure of male fertility.
A lower amount of semen may indicate an issue with the seminal vesicles, blocked ducts or a prostate gland issue. Sperm count – 20 million to 300 million per milliliter is considered in the normal range. Below 10 million is considered “poor.”
Types of infertility and causes of infertility in men:*
* Male subfertility
* Low concentration of sperm in the semen
* Sperm abnormalities/abnormal semen
* Abnormal shape/morphology of the sperm
* Problems with movement/motility that makes sperm delivery difficult
* Abnormal liquefaction, absence of viable, healthy sperm,
Blockages or obstructions in the genital tract that prevent sperm delivery that can occur due to:
* Developmental disorders of the epididymis, vas deferens or seminal vesicles
* Scarring from inflammation
* Infertility caused by medical conditions, such as varicoceles and testicular torsion
* Genetic abnormalities
* Hormonal imbalances
* Lifestyle choices and environmental exposure.
* Idiopathic Infertility.
Initial testing will likely include:
Semen analysis, Ultrasound, Post-ejaculation urinalysis, Genetic testing, Sperm function tests, Hormone testing, Blood tests
Treating Male Infertility -
Assisted reproductive technologies (ART)
IVF, GIFT, and other techniques
Drug therapy for hormonal disorders
Treatment for problems with sexual intercourse.
Hello doctor, I am planning for a baby from past 7 months but not able to conceive I got married 1 and half year back, my periods were 42 days cycle then I consulted in sharjah be coz I stay here to a general doctor she made my periods regular for 32 days given me medicine m2tone for periods it was regular for 3 months I am still on those tablets and along with that after my periods 5th days she asked me to used clomid 50 mg 2 time a day this time I use ovulation kit to no my ovulation date I started that kit from 10 day of my period till 19th day but it was showing negative but every alternate I was having sex with my hubby, what may b the reason it was showing negative and this time again 5 days have come up example last month I got my periods on October 26th and my latest period was 24th november and till now I dint get my periods also, and one more this there was a muscle pull this full week so I was on complete rest this may b the reason I dint get my periods be coz there was no activity? Please suggest me I badly need a baby only for the treatment coming for India bangalore which is the best treatment homeopathy or?
Hi, my menses held on 3rd April and we had sex in morning of 12 April. I have taken i-pill in evening of 13 April. Though I missed my period in May. Later when checked on 7 may with pregnancy kit. It showed positive. I just wanted to know what precaution we would have taken to avoid pregnancy. Why I got pregnant though have taken i-pill. Which time we can have open sex to avoid pregnancy.
I am 24 years old and I have a small doubt i. E I involved in sex with my girlfriend on 25 of this month with condoms and her periods date is january 14. Is there any chance of pregnancy and suggest safety days to have sex without protection.
Massage therapy is not meant only for athletes and people recovering from injuries. Massage therapy is often used to ease pain and soothe knotted muscles. Getting a massage not only benefits you physically, but also eases stress and benefits your mental health. Apart from these, getting a massage also has a few long term benefits that may surprise you. Let’s have a look at three such surprise benefits of booking an appointment with the masseuse.
- It makes your skin glow: If you’ve ever had a facial in a spa or beauty parlour, you know it would be incomplete without a massage. Getting a massage improves blood circulation. It encourages the lymphatic system to rid the skin of toxins and rejuvenates skin cells while also carrying away metabolic waste from the muscles and other internal organs. Thus good blood circulation ensures that your skin is healthy and has a fresh glow. Getting a massage can also help keep your skin looking younger and slow down the aging process. Lastly, a massage is also said to be able to reduce stretch marks and scar tissue. Using the right oil can further help make your kin glow. Some oils worth trying are almond oil, apricot oil, olive oil and lavender oil.
- It boosts immunity: A massage can also strengthen your immune system and protect you against infections and diseases. A 45 minute massage can increase your lymphocyte count. Lymphocytes are essentially white blood cells that help the body fight infections. A massage can also reduce the number of cytokines present in the body. a lowered cytokine level reduces your risk of suffering from conditions such as asthma and cardio vascular diseases. Additionally, a massage also lowers the cortisol or stress hormone levels and vasopressin levels.
- It improves the quality of your sleep: The quality of your sleep plays a vital role in your overall health. Getting a massage can reduce fatigue and help people of all ages get a better sleep. Studies show that massages increase the delta waves which are connected to falling into a deep sleep. This explains why many people fall asleep on the massage table itself. A massage also helps manage anxiety and calms the mind making it easier for people to fall asleep at the end of the day.
To experience all the benefits of massage therapy, make visiting the masseuse a regular affair. This is one form of pampering that is well worth the time and expense. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.