Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meena C Amin
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meena C AminYour feedback matters!
I'm 23 years old. I ve a problem of prolonged periods. Almost 10 days, with heavy bleeding with clots. Is this is a symptom of cancer.
Morning after pill is an emergency form of contraception. It is a type of birth control which can prevent unwanted pregnancy which is a potential risk after unprotected sexual intercourse. The typical name, “morning after pill”, is on account of the fact that it is usually taken on the morning after you have had unprotected sex the earlier night.
How does it work?
It primarily works by inhibiting or delaying ovulation. It does not cause abortion, but merely stops ovulation temporarily and thus, prevents fertilization of the egg with the sperm. It is required to be taken within 72 hours or 3 days after having unsafe sex for it to work effectively, but the sooner you take it, the better it is.
Risks associated with the Morning after Pill
Although the prospect of using this pill seems very useful and handy, there are risks associated with it as well.
It is not a reliable form of birth control like condoms, copper-Ts or IUDs as you might still get pregnant.
It can lead to bleeding between your periods or heavy menstrual bleeding can be experienced. It can even make your menstrual cycle irregular.
In serious cases, it can even lead to cerebral haemorrhage (bleeding inside the brain) and cerebral thrombosis (formation of clots in the brain).
It does not protect you from any sort of STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) or STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection).
It can even lead to hormonal imbalances if taken on a regular basis as it can interfere with your regular estrogen and progesterone levels.
If taken multiple times, it can even affect your fertility in the future as it can alter the pH levels of your uterus.
- It is an emergency contraceptive and not recommended for routine use.
Dear mam. Mujhe discharge ki problem ho rahi hai. Meri discharges me fishy smell aati hai. Iska kya karan hai. Or isse kaise thik kiya jaa sakta hai. Agar koi medicine ya koi liquid ho jisse isse thik kiya jaa sakta hai. To please mujhe suggest kare. Thank you.
My last LMP was 18 july 2018 and from 4th to 15th I have taken duphaston morning and evening and today I had done my pregnancy test it was negative. So there is no chance that I will pregnant this month or not.
Hi. Could you please suggest the foods to be taken for infertility especially during ovulation to increase the chances of conception.
Twin pregnancy got delivery in 21 week due to water bag comes out after delivery utrease cleaning also done but now 55 days still bleeding. I have taken trenaxa 500 mg fir thrice for three day but still bleeding what step should be taken next.
Is it necessary to quit smoking a few months before planning for a baby? & Is it necessary to quit smoking while planning?
An inspiration to many in the health and fitness sector, Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor is a raging star at 62. However, recently he shared an update claiming that he has been suffering from a form of Calcification in his right shoulder and he will be travelling to Germany to seek medical treatment.
This shocking update has left many pondering about Calcification and the risks it possesses.
What is Calcification?
Calcification is a condition where calcium builds up in different parts of the body like tissues, blood vessels and organs. This excess calcium travels through the bloodstream and can accumulate anywhere disturbing the natural processes of the body.
Calcification can occur in -
- Small and large arteries
- Heart valves
- Joints and tendons
- Soft tissues like muscles and fat
Causes of Calcification:
A common myth is that Calcification is caused by a diet extremely rich in calcium. However, the real causes of Calcification are as follows-
- Hypercalcemia or presence of excess calcium in the blood
- A genetic disorder affecting the skeletal system
- Persistent inflammation
Symptoms of Calcification:
Since the process of deposit of the calcium is extremely slow, the symptoms are not very obvious in the initial stages. One should be cautious of the following warning signs and seek medical help if they persist for a continuous period.
- If someone is having pain or stiffness moving or stretching the joints or other affected parts
- Itchy skin and red eyes, which are a sign of high calcium and phosphate deposit
- Calcification is generally diagnosed using imaging tests like X-ray and ultrasounds
Non-Surgical Modes of Treatment:
Depending on the severity condition, Calcification may be cured using therapeutic treatments.
- Physical Exercises – Exercises can treat frozen shoulder caused due to Calcification. Specific exercises, which stabilize the pressure on tendons, are a good cure to treat mild cases.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medicines – Medication helps the patient to deal with the pain caused due to Calcification and reduces swelling.
- Other Miscellaneous Treatments – Other forms of treatment include heat and ice packs, cortisone injections, ultrasound-guided needle lavage to suck out the calcium deposits.
Surgical Mode of Treatment:
Surgeries occur in rare cases where the patient suffers from persistent Calcification. The primary method of surgery includes Shoulder Arthroscopy where the doctor removes the excess calcium and sometimes even adjusts bones to reduce swelling of tendons.
- Best way to prevent excess calcium is to consume green vegetables containing Vitamin K as it helps cut down levels of calcium in the blood.
- If you are diagnosed with Calcification, it is essential to limit the consumption of dairy products.
- Calcification is a curable health condition and appropriate treatment is sufficient to cure the patient.