Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Mayank R ShahYour feedback matters!
I have a last five years old I will no longer sleeping and back ache and hand mistake problem please help me I am waiting.
Sir mere back me pichle 5-6 mahine se pain hota tha 2-3 minutes chalne ya khade rehne pr mere back se lekr per tak bahut tez pain hone lagta tha or per bhi sunn hone lagte the MRI krwane pr report me aaya Disk desiccation with diffuse annular disc bulge, large posterior disc protrusion and ligamentum flavum thickening seen at l4-5 level resulting in marked effacement of bilateral neural foramina, bilateral lateral recess stenosis and marked canal stenosis with compression over thecal sca, cauda equina and exiting nerve roots Dr. ko dikhane pr Dr. Operation krwane ko bola pr me or ghawale sab dare hue hai operation ke liye Kya koi dusra illaz hai iske liye ya operation hi krwana hoga or operation krwate time ya krwane ke baad problem to nahi hogi koi Please suggest me.
Sir my weight 85 kgs. I want to start Running where should I run. Some of them saying running on road leads to knees damage is it true please tell me.
Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting.
Sometimes you may experience back pain because of exertion - you spent the entire day doing the same kind of job or maybe you bent in a wrong manner while picking up your child. However, the actual cause of your spinal agony may not be very clear, but it pays to be aware of the possible reasons that can cause backache. It is good to consult a doctor if your back pain is consistent and recurrent.
Here are few of the causes:
1. The position of your pelvis: The pelvis consists of three bones that can shift depending on which muscles become weak or stiff. This brings about a pull in the muscle of the lower back, resulting in severe strain to this area. You should consult a physiotherapist for suggestions regarding the best exercises for strengthening your pelvic area.
2. Weak abdominal muscles: A cause of your back pain can be weak stomach muscles. Abdominal muscles play an important role in balancing out the constant bending that your back muscles perform. When you've weak abdominal muscles, your spine is not able to maintain proper balance, resulting in severe stress on the spinal column.
3. Disc injuries: Located between the bones of your spine, discs perform the function of a shock absorber. Physical injury to these padded cushions can cause them to break open, leading to a condition known as herniated disc. This can then bring about pain in the back area.
Few other causes behind back pain
- Weak back muscles
- Weak osteoporotic back bones
- Disc disease
- Facet joint arthopathy (degenerative or traumatic )
- Sacro Iliac joint pain
- Infection of the spinal bones
- Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting. Some people inherit back pain. Degenerative disc disease can be genetic or inherited. That is why we see degenerative spinal changes causing chronic back pain in some young age group patients without any apparent cause.
- Cancers which can be primary or metastasis
Few precautions that can be taken for a hurting back. Despite the causes, there are certain precautions that you can take, which are:
- Avoid sitting in a bad posture, that is, keep your back straight as much as you can. Pull and stretch your body in continual intervals to keep it relaxed.
- Consult the right physician instead of doing exercise that can aggravate your pain.
- Take a break from work and go for short walks, every couple of hours.
Most often back pain will resolve itself in 3 to 6 weeks time and does not need to be treated. Please note, bed rest of no more than 2 days is required. Bed rest may weaken the back muscles and prolong back pain. If the back pain continues or increases, investigations are required. Expensive Investigations like MRI is usually over prescribed and will be needed only if neuro deficit is present or infection is suspected.
- Physical rehabilitation and Pain medication like NSAID.
- Neuropathic pain medications for neural compression (gabapentin or pregabalin).
Minimally invasive procedures which have revolutionised the treatment for back pain and saved millions from spinal surgeries include
- Radiofrequency ablation treatment for Facet pain
- Transforaminal blocks for nerve compression
- SCS for chronic back pain
- Intra thecal pumps
- Intradiscal Radiofrequency procedures. ( this procedure makes the disc painless ).
Surgery should be the last option and should be restricted to patients having progressive neuro deficit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
I have shoulder pain in left hand. On doctors advice tests like ECG, etc for heart problems. But not found. I am having survikal spondylitis. Please suggest a physiotherapy exercise.
I feel pain in my left leg, which starts from left buttock and runs through left side of the leg. Pain increases when I drive or sit for a long time say 4-6 hours. If I'm walking then I don't feel any pain. I have consulted 6 different doctors, for the last 6 years, but no solution for this pain. Some say it's pciatic others say it's nerve blockage, MRI report shows two points of lower back bone as black, whereas normal portion shows all back bone as white.
Form past two to three days I am feeling too tired and there is continuous pain in my calf. Suggest some tips to get rid of this problem.
I have back pain over 60 days. I used pain relief bum but no relief from from pain. What should I do?
My father age is 59 years and weight about 104 kg due to heavy weight have heavy pain in my father's back. Give some suggestions to avoid this pain.
Yesturday while playing football i have injured my right leg i had little pain but now the pain has increased .I find difficult in walking now . My age is 21 years height is 6'1?
How to lose arm fat fast
Weight lifting –
This is one of the most common exercises that are used for reducing arm fat. Just pick up any household item to use as your weight. There are so many things that can serve this purpose that you actually don’t need dumbbells. A 2 liters water bottle is a great way to lose arm fat fast at home. Hold the bottle in your hands and lift it above the head, while keeping your arms straight. If possible, take your hands behind your back as much as you can. Keep your arms as close to your ears as you can.
How to lose arm fat with pushups:
If you want toned arms, then push ups are one of the best ways to help you. Push ups not only help you to shed the extra kilos off your arms, they also help strengthen the muscles. One needs to master the balancing act in order to do push ups successfully. One can perfect it only after practice. Most people find it difficult at first, but with time, they are able to do it. One should refrain from balancing on the toes and hands. It is advised that you balance on your knees and hands. You can start with a set of 6-10 push ups at a time and as your stamina improves, you can increase the number of push ups. Make sure that you don’t over-exert yourself.
Exercise in circular motion –
In order to lose arm fat, you can exercise your arms in circular motion. Exercising the arms in circular motion helps you to burn a lot of calories and make your arms look tones and lean. This is the best way to lose arm fat fast. This also helps to strengthen your shoulders and works on biceps and triceps. Make sure that you exercise every day for at least 45 minutes.
Jumping with a rope –
Also helps to remove excess fat from arms as well as various other parts of the body, such as the legs and shoulders. You can vary your speed and the number of times you skip. The more you skip, the faster you lose arm fat. Most women would have done this as an exercise or played with a skipping rope during their childhood. This traditional game is really helpful in toning and shaping the arms. Skipping with a rope involves continuous circular motion of the arms and hence is very helpful. Apart from your arms, it also helps in trimming down your belly, thigh.
How to lose weight from hips and thigh
This fun aerobics exercise helps to lose arm fat really fast. Considered as the best exercise to lose weight and a great cardio workout, it makes your body look like a scissors. You need to open your arms and legs just like a scissors. Stand straight and lift your arms to the height of your shoulders in front. Now stretch the arms to one side and bring them to the front. Your right hand should overlap the left hand and then change vice versa. Do this exercise at least ten times daily and repeat thrice a day.
Arm and leg lift –
In this exercise you need to lift your leg and the opposite arm and then change. While stretching your limbs, you must try to hold your body in this position for some time before resting your body. This exercise is really helpful in losing arm fat. It has been included in the ectomorph workout plans since it helps to promote better muscle growth. It helps to tone the arms, strengthen the legs and arms and is also very beneficial for the spine. It helps to enhance your posture and balance.
Rotation of shoulder and palm –
This is a very easy exercise that can help to lose arm fat. This is not a very high intensity exercise and requires very slow yet controlled movement of the arms. The major muscles of the arms and shoulders are completely engaged in this exercise. To begin, you need to stand with your feet placed about one foot apart. Now raise your arms to shoulder height to the side and keep your fingers together. Now face your palms towards the floor and now rotate the shoulders, 10 times and then rotate your arms and palms 10 times. For best results, rotate each arm at least 20-30 times at a stretch.
By and far, exercise cannot be substituted by any other method to lose arm fat. However, you can make certain minor changes in your daily routine, in order to avoid gaining arm fat. These include tracking your calories every day and avoiding unnecessary snacking between meals. Restrict yourself to a minimum of calories so that you don’t gain excess fat and/or muscle. Do not indulge in binge eating and avoid missing a meal. Get rid of the ugly fat such as sugar candies, lollies, fried and junk foods and refined sugar. Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
I have heavy weight due to this I had always pain in my back and foot why what is the reason behind this.
My mother aged 65 years has severe arthritis of both knees, should she get both knees replaced in one sitting?
You should do both knees in one sitting if the severity is same in both the knees and the patient is unable to differentiate the painful knee. In case the patient says one knee is more painful than address one knee at a lime. Your own knee is always the best till it lasts.
What are the advantages of doing both the knees in one sitting?
- Exposure to the risk of anaesthesia reduced to only once
- Aids simultaneous rehabilitation especially in severely deformed knees
- Bilateralprocedure reduces cost
- Earlier return to baseline function and convenience for the patient and relatives
- Shorter cumulative hospital stays
What are the risks associated with bilateral Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and are there any studies to support the same?
The risks of cardiac and infection related complications for bilateral TKR are lower than the combined risk of two unilateral TKRs. A population-based comparison of the incidence of adverse outcomes after simultaneous-bilateral and staged-Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty published in The Journal of Bone And Joint Surgery.
Result: Records were available for 11.445 simultaneous-bilateral arthroplasty Procedures and 23.715 staged-bilateral procedures.
Conclusions: Simultaneous-bilateral total knee arthroplasty was associated with clinically important reduction in the incidence of infection and malfunction within one year after arthroplasty.
What is the latest Technology available which could help improve surgical outcomes?
Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: A knee with your name on it i.e. customized specifically based on your dimensions.
Understanding Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: You are unique and so is your individual anatomy and thus lack of accuracy leads to discomfort and even further corrective surgeries That is why Custom Fit Knee replacement surgery, which utilizes MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) technology to create personalized positioning guides for total Knee replacement is recommended.
Practical Benefits Of Custom Fit Knee Replacement
- MRI of the affected knee is done based on which we can make a customized jig for better fitting of the implant for the patients
- No intra medullary instruments so minimal chances of fat embolism
- Minimally Invasive (just a 4-5 inch incision)
- Improves the speed of the operation theater time (40% reduced surgical time)
- Increases implant inventory efficiency (know sizing)
- Faster recovery of the patient
- Perfect patient alignment thus better mobilization
What is the role of body exhaust 'space' suits in Bilateral TKR?
- 'Space' suits maintain a more sterile environment and offer more mobility to the surgeons.
- Space suits are used to help reduce contamination from the operating teams from entering the wounds.
- The impure air exhaled by the operating team is pushed down by the rotating fan in the helmet of space suits and absorbed by the laminar air flow in the 0.T.