Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj A PatelYour feedback matters!
Why do people/student torture animals- what drives them?
Can we analaysis and find solution: let try to stop this any more in our life
As we all aware that two animals cruelty incidents happened in tamilnadu, one with the dog and another with an monkey.
Case a, 12 yrs old kid hitting cat with broomstick, their parents brought for an counseling that he has not coutesy for animal and he was killing without any guilt.
Case b, 23 yrs adult was burning a rat alive with kerosine and feeling happy to see that rat die with burn.
And there are many cases which were not recorded and submitted for case discussion.
What typically possesses them to inflict such acts of intentional animal torture and cruelty?
These are because of psychological disorders (such as anti-social/psychopathic personality disorders and engage in deliberate acts of zoosadism), and/or because they have sexually paraphilic disorders (such as crush fetishism in which small animals are crushed for sexual pleasure).
This may be common behaviour among murderers and rapists - those with psychopathic traits characterized by impulsivity, selfishness, and lack of remorse.
Animal torture and cruelty is one of the three adolescent behaviours in what is often referred to the homicidal triad , the other two being persistent bedwetting and obsessive fire-setting. The combination of two or more of these three behaviours increases the risk of homicidal behaviour in adult life.
The behaviours in the homicidal triad are often associated with parental abuse, parental brutality (and witnessing domestic violence), and/or parental neglect.
What we can do:
The best way to prevent it is teaching by example. Parents and teachers are the key and plays very important role.
Pro-social behaviour (action/behaviours intended to help others) by parents and other role models towards animals, such as rescuing spiders in the bath, feeding birds/ants, treating pets as a member of the family,
Schools and colleges can have some pet home in the campus.
These activities or act has the potential to make a positive lasting impression on children.
It's a start, lets all have at least one pet in the home make your son/ daughter to take care of them (pet therapy).
Elayaraja m. Sc, m. Phil, pgdgc, pgdha
Kavithalyaa counseling centre, ambattur, chennai-53.
I'm on my period yesterday was my 2nd day and I went for a Long journey by traveller. So can you tell me that i'll have any problem or what.
Hi, I had Instafree 72 on 20th may. But till nw no withdrawal bleeding had happened. Is it OK if it does not happen? Or is it compulsory? And since 1 day I am getting lower abdomen pain. I have this kind of pain during my periods. What could be the reason for the pain? Does it mean that my periods are near by? Kindly suggest. Thank you.
To begin with, what is binge eating? Binge eating is a tenacious temptation in your brain that rears its head every time you are bored or overwhelmed. This temptation literally overpowers all other thought processes to make you reach out for food that you know you do not need. And then, guilt, disgust, frustration and heavy dieting starts! Sounds familiar? Well, you may just be a victim of binge eating. So what can you do about it? Plenty! Here's our list.
- Emotional Hunger: Learn how to listen to your body. This is a way of bringing your mind and body in alignment by being aware and mindful. As soon as you feel a hunger pang, stop and think: is it emotional hunger or is it actually your snack or meal time? Once you learn to distinguish between the two, it is a matter of making a habit out of distracting yourself from emotional hunger by taking up a hobby or a pleasant activity that will also make your brain work in a different direction.
- Focus on your Food: Usually, binge eating happens around unhealthy food that will give your taste buds a temporary kick. This kind of food is generally fatty, fried or sweet. So next time, focus on what you are eating. If you are eating a healthy, regular meal, then focus on the fact that you are doing something positive. This greatly defeats the cause of binge eating as you will chase the positive feeling rather than looking for temporary gratification which leads to more permanent guilt later.
- Regular Meals: Eating your meals regularly at fixed times also dulls the temptation to binge. Regular meal times also set your biological clock and hunger ticking at the right times. If you avoid eating at meal times, then your mental hunger can get mixed up with a need for instant energy that your body requires due to a missed meal. This will make you reach out for unhealthy food in unhealthy portions.
- Maintain a Food Diary: Keeping a food diary of everything you ate during the week and then going through it later will give you a lot of perspective on what you are doing wrong and how you can avoid the same.
Distancing yourself from wrong food and portions, and digging deeper into the emotions that trigger chronic binge eating may be answer you are looking for!
Related Tip: Oats - Why you should eat them?
Happiness, health and success are interlinked
Detoxification is a process in which a person makes lifestyle changes to clear body of toxins. These lifestyle changes involve abstaining from harmful things. Some changes are temporary, such as following a cleansing diet, others are permanent.
Toxins are substance that can be poisonous or cause negative health effects, it can be metals, chemicals, pollutants, artificial food ingredients, pesticides, and poisons.
The Body and Detoxification
- The excretory system in the body plays the largest role in detoxification. The main organs involved in excretion are the skin, liver, lungs, large intestine, and kidneys.:
- The liver filters and excretes waste, hormones, drugs, and other foreign substances.
- The lungs help remove carbon dioxide.
- The large intestine converts waste into stool that is expelled from the body through defecation.
- The kidneys filter the blood and help remove waste from the body through urination.
- The entire body relies on this system to live a healthy life.
- Your body is detoxifying itself all the time, around the clock, 24x7
Ways To Detox Your Body:
Take green vegetables and fruits over fast food and other processed foods. Avoid pesticide contaminated foods
Exercise & Meditation
- Exercise and meditation help maintain a healthy body. Exercising helps body to sweat, and this helps release toxins through your skin.
- Meditation helps to keep your mind clear and reduces stress.
- Few foods stuffs that aids in detoxification like garlic, lemon, broccoli sprouts, mung beans, and raw vegetables.
- Raw diet – like uncooked fruits and vegetables along with raw nuts, seeds, and sprouts.
- Juices – made from fresh fruits and vegetables.
Breathe Clean Air
- Breathing clean air reduces your exposure to toxins especially over your home and work areas.
- Proper ventilation at home and work placePlanting.Planting house plants which act as natural air purifier.
Drinking Luke warm water a glass everyday is a powerful tool to detoxify the waste in body. Bathing with luke warm water also soothes and remove toxins from body.