Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Madhukar V VachhrajaniYour feedback matters!
Sir I'm 18+. My eyes so weak. I also wearing glasses shoes no is 2. I can't see far object clearly without wearing glasses. Some doctor told me that leaser operation is for me but some doctor told that it is dangerous. So please tell me what is right and what is wrong.
Hello. My name is Amit Parmar age 21. My eye contact lens number is +8 in both eyes. I want to remove spectacles. Please give me suggestions.
My questions is agar kisi ko weak eyesight ki problem hai toh phir wo lens lagata hai lens se toh ankhien pehle jaisi nahi hoti lakin phir 2 3 saal ke baad kya naturally ankhien pehle jaisi hoti hain.
I have white color spot in both of eyes. Doctor told. Vitamin problem. Than what I have to do for this?
I have eye and nose allergy problem. I have used after recommendation of Lybrate doctors medicine like olopat eye drop, refresh tears along with montek LC tablet but have not cured this problem. My nose is still runny and eyes are itching a lot. please suggest me some quality medicine which can cure my problem permanently.
I am 22 years old male & have sinus which will completely effect my eyes/nose as a result eye sight is of very high power. Please advice.
My eyes water when I read books? I am a long time reader. Dey usually don't but now all if sudden they have started to water? What should I do?
Me and my husband had very weak eyes and we have used spectacles then after our marriage we went for Lasik. My baby is 3 years old. To keep him engaged he sometimes watches tv in a day maximum 1 hour. I have noticed as soon as he starts watching tv he starts rubbing his one eye. What could be the reason? And please suggest some good diet for eye health so that he does not have to use specs at early age.
Of your five senses, which one are you most afraid of losing? If you're like most people, your answer is your ability to see. Because our eyesight is so precious, it's no wonder that myths abound about what can damage our eyes ? and what can protect them. Here, we debunk five common myths ? and tell you how to truly keep your eyes healthy.
Myth: Doing eye exercises will delay the need for glasses.
Fact: Eye exercises will not improve or preserve vision or reduce the need for glasses. Your vision depends on many factors, including the shape of your eyeball and the health of the eye tissues, neither of which can be significantly altered with eye exercises.
I recently had an eye checkup. And the report says, RE -1.25 dsph/-0.5dcyl LE -0.75dsph/-------/-------- Is this serious? Do I need to get glasses or will it affect my eyes? Actually never realized any difficulty in reading, until I visited the chamber today (to get colorblindness certificate for college admission) and the smaller texts looked blurry.
I am 29 year old male, having pain in eyes from last 15 days and due to having pain head also, feeling very tied whole day.
Sir/Ma'm, I have a habit of remain awake late night. Now I am having problems like Blurred vision and My sleep cycle is totally disturbed. Please tell me, What can I do for improving my eye sight And also how can I make my sleep Cycle Natural. Thank you.
I have red eyes from long time. During seasonal change I feel irritation. Can you please suggest me what should I do?
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.