Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhukar V Vachhrajani
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Madhukar V VachhrajaniYour feedback matters!
My eyes get burning sensation once in 2 or 3 days. It automatically stops after 20 or 30 minutes. Can you please give me the reasons and suggest a treatment.
My FAther Left eyes is suffering from glaucoma since 15 years. He lose his right eyes light before 8 years. Now doctors says after some days his lose this eyes light also. If we operate then 5% only chances of light. So advise.
How to reduce myopia. Please refer me some yoga, natural process or eye drop or good medicines on it. I have -1.75 LE and -0.75RE.
My eyes always turn into red colour some time. And also pains a lot. It happens once a week. I having this problem from past 2 months. I can read & see clearly. Please help me with this problem.
In my left eye in corner something is there looks like conjunctivitis since 2 months. But nothing happened. What should I do?
I have yellow eyes from two days and a minor body ache! Please suggest me some precautions about my disease and also any medicine.
WHENEVER I GET UP EVEN AFTER LYING DOWN FOR 30 -40 MINUTED I FEEL GIDDY AND FEEL DARKNESS IN FRONT OF EYES.KINDLY ADVICE.
I am a student and I use spectacle of power -0.75 spherical and 0.5 cylindrical Is there any chance of improvement in my eyesight?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!