Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Madhuben J. PatelYour feedback matters!
I am a 26 years old boy, I am suffering from anxiety for last 4 years, symptoms are problems in breathing when getting fear, feeling pain in chest, uncomfortable, negative thoughts makes me disturbed all the day, sometimes fall in depression, what should I do for permanent relief?
I am have pain in my whole right body. Mainly in my jaw ear right hand. This sometimes continues the whole day and it some move to heads, ankles, knees, elbow, jaw, ear all eight side of the body. I am not able to understand the exact reason. Please help me to find a reason.
I am 20 years old I am smoking cigars vigourisly I want the remedy to stop the smoking how can I do it.
I am having a severe fever since yesterday and headache. I am a student and need to study. But with this type o condition I can not study. So what should I do. Please help me.
Still single I am suffering from bipolar disorder. I am having waxing and waning of sexual desire. I even have penis size shrinking abnormal small size and extended when erected to normal size or bit more. Is everything normal or abnormal?
I have been suffering from body pains from last one week. I don't know the reason. Please suggest me in order to get rid of this body pains. Thank you.
I want to make my husband more lovable person , he is very busy , angry ,not interested in sex , I want to get feelings in him , and he drink weekly twice , I tried so much to stop but he never cares my words . Can you suggest me any solution to this ? thanks.
I am 27 years and I am going through relationship issues. I want to avoid negative thoughts and get positive vibes. How do I do?
Sir very vulgar and abusive words are often coming from my mouth and I can not prevent it at any cost. Sometimes I abuse to my family members which is suddenly. Sometimes such things come out from my mouth about which I am not thinking. Whenever a person pass near to me very vulgar and abusive words come out from my mouth and I have no control on it. I talk people in my imagination for at least 2-3hours. And whenever I start speaking I couldn't stop me until I tired. So I am feeling uncomfortable between people. And I have zero concentration in my class. I always talk with me. Whenever any people see Me I feel very abashed
I am searching for jobs. I am doctorate, while searching jobs I am rejected for being highly qualified and cannot opt for higher jobs as I dont have good reco from my PI. Had a terrible fight with my PI, he was supporting my inefficient and liar seniors. I could not prove their inefficient and had to take a back unnecessarily. I want o move forward but just bcoz I did not respect my snrs did not get good papers and now can not apply for higher scholarships. As I am not having any job no one wants to marry me either. Just going under depression. Now having a year gap. Feel like committing suicide. What is the remedy?
I really want to quit smoking but finding difficult I smoke 3 To 4 cigarettes does it harm too much what to do? Help.
My mother 94, gets in to depression often and gets confused with the time line and places. Talks a lot, cries and get horribly abusive. What cabn be done?
What Is Adjustment Disorder
Adjustment disorder is considered to be a group of conditions, which usually occur when a person experiences difficulty in coping with the stressful life events. These usually include relationship issues, job issues or the demise of a loved one. The incapacity to adjust to stressful events leads to psychological and sometimes physical symptoms.
Symptoms of Adjustment Disorder
The psychological and physical symptoms linked with adjustment disorder occur either during or instantly after a stressful event. The disorder only lasts for 6 months, but the symptoms might continue if the stressor has not been removed. The symptoms might vary from person to person.
The psychological symptoms are anxiety, crying, impulsiveness, lack of concentration, low or loss of self esteem, feeling hopeless, sad or trapped, and withdrawn attitude along with suicidal tendencies.
These physical symptoms can include trembling, twitching of the muscles, soreness, body pain, insomnia, indigestion and fatigue.
Adjustment disorder might display psychological and physical symptoms separately or together.
Types of Adjustment Disorder
There are 6 adjustment disorders and each one of them is associated with different symptoms:
1) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood: People diagnosed with this suffer from feelings of hopelessness and sadness is often related with crying. Also, a person might not enjoy the activities, which he earlier enjoyed.
2) Adjustment disorder with anxiety: Symptoms of this are anxiety along with being anxious, overwhelmed, and worried. People with this show less concentration and poor memory. When diagnosed in children, it is usually due to the separation anxiety from loved ones and parents.
3) Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood: In this both anxiety and depression is experienced.
4) Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct: The symptoms of this disorder are more about the involvement of the behavioral issues like starting a quarrel, reckless driving, destructing property and stealing. Teens suffering from this might become absent from school.
5) Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of emotions and conduct: The symptoms of anxiety, depression, and behavioral issues are observed.
6) Adjustment disorder unspecified: People who are diagnosed with this type of disorder usually display symptoms those are not associated with other disorders. They exhibit more of physical symptoms and problems with family and friends or at school and workplace.
Treatment of Adjustment Disorder:
If diagnosed with an adjustment disorder, a person can definitely benefit from treatment. This is usually treated with therapy or medicines or a combination of both.
- Therapy is the first choice. A health counselor or a psychologist can give counseling and if there is a need for medication, then you might be referred to a psychiatrist.
- Medication like Nonbenzodiazepine anxiolytic, SSRI or SNRI and benzodiazepines might be prescribed for reducing the symptoms of anxiety.