Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhuben J. PatelYour feedback matters!
Im still studying. But I can not come back from my first love failure. How can I forget her and concentrate on study as soon as possible.
How to control depression? All of sudden I get depressed and lost of interest during happy time also.
My son is good with his studies but he is not focused. He cannot concentrate. He was interested in certain curricular activities like skatind, drawing, painting etc. I made him join but he did skating for 6 months and left saying that he could not win the race which the instructor use to organize in the end of the class and his frnd use to win. He is creative and good wild drawing but he got disinterested after sometime as he found it monotonous. Now he wants to join karate. please help as to how do I deal with him. What is it that can be done to increase his focus? He is 6 years old.
I am continously stressed at work and do not feel energetic. Can you please suggest some medicine or tips to increase my energy levels at work?
All our friends where smoking hukka. And they mixed marijuana in hukka flavor. I smoked it excessively and after that I suffered from stroke. So I am feeling there is something stuck in my throat. How can I live my life healthier and stronger further. My bp is normal now 80 120 how can I live my life healthier and stronger. Further.
This is Surabhi. My days are getting worse to worst I am unable to come out from those negative memories of my life that are continuously making me feel low and depressed, tell me doctor how to come out of this depression.
I forget something what I read. This can be called a short memory loss. So what should I do to increase my memory power. I am 20 years old.
When I saw movies or incidents then when I am free or sleeping those scenes came in to my mind I am not able to concentrate on any work.
I am suffering with panic disorder since 2009 and taking clonazepam 0.5 two times daily, provanol 20 mg two times and one antidepressant stalopam twice. It has become a routine and without taking this I feel uneasiness in head, palpitation and reeling head. After taking medicine I feel very sleepy. And at last I have to sleep for one hour minimum.
Dear Doctors, My wife survived a stroke in Sep 15, and has done good recovery so far, however she is unable to speak properly for which speech therapy is in progress, I wish to know if anything else can be done to improve her speech as well her motor movements (they are very slow) to bring her back to normal life sooner. She is currently taking following medicines: Syndopa Plus Admenta 10 Amantrel Levipil 500 Any help on her will be greatly appreciated.
I am feeling full sad. And I getting angry on every situations. Everything I am taking as negatively. My friends are facing problem with my behaviour. Please help to solve this problem.
My mother age 63 regularly takes rexipra. 25, tynept od, etizolam as prescribed by doctor. She feels anxious, at times her hands and leg shakes. Its almost 6 months she is suffering. I like to know the perfect treatment for the disease she suffers and also like to know whether the medicine has got severe side effects.
I am looking for one answer. Just one word answer that a patient who is moderately depressed from 2-3 years. Can he beat it with exercise, CBT, Diet, yoga and relaxing techniques without taking any antidepressants. I am doing exercise daily. I am getting better and better day by day. I don't want to stop this improvement. But as the time progresses I am in doubt whether really I can be alright with exercise alone?
Hello, I have a question about mental health problems that occur in a man when a girlfriend dumps him. How can such a man can recovered from his problems? Expecting a reply.
I am male of 47 years old I am feeling anxiety and fear in my daily life I do not want to go to job and not abe to get up early if I have to go to office at 8.30 am I get up at 7.45 and do not want to interact with peoples or colleagues and cannot speak loudly and in the public pl. Advise me through my mail what I have to do if I have to take medicine which one and if it has any side effect and for how much time I have to take.
Have you been emotionally invested in a relationship for quite some time? Have you faced continual fights and disagreements with your partner? Have these fights resulted into frustration or have they affected the natural course of your respective lives? If yes, it is time for you to reassess the effort or rather the kind of effort you put in to make things work. Quarrels are an integral part of any healthy and serious relationship. However, an overdose may lead to severed ties. It bruises your memory and leaves you too distraught to engage in an emotional attachment. The kind of mindset a person applies to his or her relationship determines the kind of treatment the person receives in the relationship. Hence, you must be very careful.
A healthier mindset can be adopted in the following ways:
- To complain as least as possible: Keep low expectations from your partner. The most common reason for conflict in relationships is the list of expectations, which when left unfulfilled leads to complaining and nagging. What you do for your partner is what 'you think is the right thing', but your partner may not hold the same perspective.
- Respecting and accepting your partner as he/she is: A package deal, will resolve many issues without debate. When pointed out in subtle ways, your partner will understand and try to change for you , if she/he wishes to.
- Try to have a growth oriented mindset: A growth oriented mindset as opposed to a fixed mindset can always help. When you have a fixed mindset you easily give up on your partner or on the relationship. You tend to feel hopeless about future and associate a lack of growth or change with your partner. A growth- oriented mindset endows you with hope. A situation is perceived as an occurrence in the present that need not necessarily be translated into future. Also, such a mindset expects both parties to accept and encourage change and growth of individuals in the relationship. Anything contrary can make your relationship boring.
- Stop using labels: Labeling is an indecent way of identifying the problem with your partner or with the relationship in general. You should neither brand yourself as something or your partner as something else. Associating critical adjectives with one another is a way of demeaning your lover and can dissuade your partner from communicating his or her viewpoint.
- Look for the trigger: Most quarrels result from a trigger. Trying to pinpoint the trigger with a cool head can actually be of use. This will make partners aware of their faults and instead of dodging the situation they will be able to deal with it better.
- Try to rekindle the spark: Time, overburdening responsibilities or workload can make your relationship a routine affair. An element of secrecy and excitement is important. Therefore, desire should never take a backseat in your relationship. Try to fulfill your partner's desire and let him or her know about your expectations as well.