Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhuben J. PatelYour feedback matters!
Sir, some of my colleagues are back biting about me .when I came to know about them on talking about me I become very upset and It makes me rest less and entered into depression. Doctor I need your suggestion how to come out from this depression. Please kindly reply me
Follow these simple ways for good EQ-
1) Get enough rest: Most people need seven to eight hours of sleep each night in order to function optimally.
2) Adopt good nutrition: The more you learn about what you eat and how it affects your energy and mood, the better you can feel.
3) Exercise regularly: Exercise is a powerful antidote to stress, anxiety, and depression. Aim for atleast30 minutes of exercise per day.
4) Get a dose of sunlight: Sunlight lifts your mood, so try to get at least 10 to 15 minutes of sun per day.
5) Limit alcohol and avoid cigarettes and other drugs. These are stimulants have long-term negative consequences for mood and emotional health.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
My wife is fifty years old and she is suffering from arthritics last 18 month. Now she is in depression in night she sleep 3 4 hours with medicine laprozium 0.5 please guide me for next.
My wife is diagnosed with psychosis. Is this genetically. What are the chances for her to get pregnant? As she has issues of incorrect periods. Will this genetically disorder get transferred to kids. Please suggest.
I have a 12 year old boy with klin (chromosome xyx) syndrome. He cannot speak and walk. He can manage a wheel chair. Active to some extent. Only one testis is visible. Head is slight; y bigger. Fair and lovely. Where can I get right treatment for such a child and what is that?
I have been severely constipated for the past 2.5 years lost around 25 kgs, diet has also reduced. I smoke but don't drink. Also severe acne problems.
I am 50 years old and sometimes facing anxiety specially in morning after finished my breakfast while going to office. Gradually I overcome after lunch. What problem may be with me?
My husband is 47 years old. He takes alcohol in the interval of 30-120 days. Once he starts drinking alcohol means that continues for at least one week. During this period he becomes very aggressive and out of mind and behaves almost madly. When he don't drink alcohol he is a perfect gentleman but bit short tempered. Whether this behaviour is normal? Please suggest.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.