Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kirit SolankiYour feedback matters!
Are you experiencing frequent and extended heartburn on a regular basis? This might indicate that you are having gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It is a type of digestive disorder that affects your lower esophageal sphincters. The condition involves the return of the stomach’s content back to your esophagus. Although heartburns are common, GERD involves chronic heartburns, which require an adequate treatment.
Here the some important reasons why you should not ignore the symptoms of GERD:
- Esophagitis: In case of GERD, the food, acid and digestive juices flow back from the stomach to the esophagus. This leads to irritation and swelling with time, which is called esophagitis. In case you have acid exposure in your esophagus for a few weeks, inflammation of the lining is indicated. This can be very painful and uncomfortable, making the esophagus more prone to scarring and further erosion.
- Esophageal stricture: If esophagitis continues for a long time, scar tissues can lead to the narrowing of the esophagus. This is known as a stricture, which makes swallowing very difficult and painful. Large chunks of food may get stuck and you are more likely to choke while eating or drinking. You may tend to avoid food and water because of esophageal stricture, which may result in weight loss.
- Throat and voice problems: Apart from heartburn, several other symptoms may also appear because of GERD. These are called cases of silent reflux where you may not experience heartburn. Instead, other issues are indicated which include voice hoarseness, voice changes, sore throat and chronic coughing.
- Breathing problems: If stomach acid is inhaled after regurgitation, the symptoms of asthma and pneumonia may worsen because of GERD. Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties are likely, even without any lung problem.
- Tooth decay: When the stomach acids and digestive juices go back to the esophagus and into the mouth, it leaves a sour taste. In case it occurs frequently, it wears away your tooth enamel and results in tooth decay. People experiencing acid reflux induced erosion may be unaware of the damage being caused until it reaches peak stages.
- Esophageal ulcers: Stomach acid may result in the wearing away of the esophageal lining, resulting in ulcers and sores. These esophageal ulcers are different from stomach ulcers, which occur from bacteria. Patients with esophageal ulcers may vomit blood, and notice blood in stool. It is usually darker than its usual shade and may have the texture of coffee ground like particles.
It is important for you to visit a doctor immediately after experiencing the symptoms of GERD. This condition may cause severe distress if you let it advance, and hence, early diagnosis and treatment are very important.
I got mouth ulcers 3 days ago, I want to know why often I have ulcers and can I get any home made remedy.
What are the symptoms of chlorine gas poisoning from inhalation? How can you cure it? And how long will symptoms last?
Sir I am having mild piles, ie, fissures and tag like thing. Would you please advise on medicines, especially food style etc.
Sir /Mem. I'm suffering from dyspepsia/indigestion & acid gas problem many times. Which tests should I do and which medicine to take.
Suffering antibiotic (dicentry) problem with gas and constipation, now my self is 66 years old, kindly suggest me the right medicine with doses. Thanking you sir .
I have gas trouble I have tried some medicines which are recommend by local RMP doctor and no result yet please help me.
I am 25 years old and I am getting stomach pain since one and half year. This stomach pain is very severe and intense and will go if I get a burp which is very loud. I have consulted many doctors, each of them had told different stories and I had undergone all the treatments they have suggested but no recovery at all. I can not even able to sleep at nights and I feel very uneasy and difficult to do my routine works. So pls suggest me immediately.
Hello Sir, Mai jo bi kuch khata hu pani bhi pene ke 10 minute bad muje latering ka pressure ban jata hai. Aur mere ultrasound reports bhi normal h.
I am getting frequent illness for the past 2 years. Digestion has been a big problem for me. I get vomit when I travel even short distances. Now my bones have started to shrink and I am losing skin on my face. I consulted many doctors but they could'nt give me a permanent solution. Can you help me please?
My heart rate gets faster some times and I have some gastric problems and I feel some pain in my stomach some times my stomach makes plenty of gases.
In whole abdomen ultrasound gall bladder - gb is seen normal in size & shape its size is 79.3mm*35.5*37.2mm. Gall blader wall is seen thickened (6.4mm). Single echogenic shadow of 22.4 mm size with post. Acoustic shadowing is seen in gb. Suggestive of calculus. Myquestion is - whether this is alarming situation? whether there is any treatment in hoemopathy? what is its correct treatment? regards.
*Diet –Avoid fried, spicy and sour foods.
*Maintain food timings-neither stomach should be empty nor heavy, frequent small helpings may be ok..
*Prefer – whole grains, milk, curd, greens, fruits and such items which suit you.
*Have timely and adequate sleep.
*.Drinking lots of water is good
.*Be relaxed and avoid tension
*.Daily jogging or such exercise to ensure good blood circulation which helps nutrients reaching the skin and face
*Increased blood circulation, in turn, takes away toxins from the system making you more active agile and fit.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease needs to be controlled in the initial stage only so that severe symptoms can be prevented. There are a few easy treatments that need to be followed for getting instant relief and quickest recovery.
What are the commonest signs of Inflammatory Bowel disease?
- Fatigue and fever: Low-grade fever can be experienced, which might invite fatigue, tiredness and weakness. Your energy levels will become too low, and thus you will lose your concentration to work.
- Diarrhea: This is regarded as the commonest signs of all, and it can be quite severe in a few cases.
- Stool with blood: If you find blood with stool, then it is a serious case, and this sign confirms clearly that you have got IBD.
- Cramping and abdominal pain: Ulceration and inflammation within digestive tract might invite both cramping and abdominal pain. Vomiting and nausea are the other two symptoms that are associated with the same.
- Weight loss: Your digestive system can get disturbed as a result of which you might lose weight on a frequent note. On the other hand, your appetite will get disturbed, and you will suffer from malnutrition.
What are the best ways to treat Inflammatory Bowel disease?
- Lifestyle change: Proper diet should be maintained, and you should include foods with low fats, high fiber and others. Non-spicy and non-dairy foods are quite suitable in this case. Smoking, alcohol drinking and other bad habits should be curtailed from the diet. Eat healthy and drink water in abundance.
- Surgery: Only for dealing severe conditions, especially ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease, surgery is chosen as the best option but this decision is normally taken by the doctor.
- Medications: Specialized medications are being used like anti-diarrhoeal medications, pain relievers, and iron supplements, Vitamin-d and calcium supplements, vitamin-12 supplements and many more.
- Home remedies: There are few commonest homemade therapies that can treat IBD, and they are meditations, probiotics, acupuncture, turmeric, aloe Vera, fish oil and others. These remedies are the safest of all, and thus no side-effects will be faced.
- Doctor's assistance: Without doctor's help, you will not be able to get the quickest recovery from IBD. Therefore, you got to visit the clinic regularly in order to get the perfect treatment. There are a few therapists who can help you to get rid of unwanted emotional difficulties. A support group can also be joined for receiving moral support.