Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Kirit PatelYour feedback matters!
My wife is 3 month pregnant aur usse bahut taklif ho rhi h jaise pet mein dard and legs mein dard aur usse bhook bhi nhi lag rhi meine doctor ko bhi dikhaya par koi farq nhi pad rha please help me.
Dear Dr. my mother is seriously affected by rheumatic arthritis what I will do for completely relieve from this disease .what medicine and food I followed to recover this.
Sir, I have left back problem, since I'm student so continue sitting studying necessary so I do that, and evening I go for running then at the time of running slight pain occur. It's occur for a while, does it cause major or it is temporary?
I am feeling low back pain since last week and I took thiocolchicoside and diclofenac combination as per advice of Dr. even I am not feeling well pls. Let me know what to take I am a badminton player as well and I have to play match also. Pls. Advice. Ns.
I am 29 years old male, I have severe toe pain daily early morning when I wakeup. I have cracks in my toe and thumb finger of both legs. I feel very difficult to walk immediately after I wake up.
Doctor mere boyfriend ka age 25 hai or unhe pichle 1 year se diabetes hai. Wo avi glycinorm- m 40 medicine kha rhe hai or pure diet plan ko follow krte hai. Kuch week se unke ankle me bohot pain hai kya pain urine acid ho jane ke karan ho rha hai ya koi or reason hai. Or ynki heart beat v bohot tej chlti hai. please kuch suggest kre jisse diabetes se hone wali or bimariyo se bach ske.
Hello doctor, mere father k pairon me sujan h chala b nahi jata. Test karwae h. Uric acid normal h but bp high rahta h please give me any suggestion. Age is 55.
I am 63 years old, for the past 4 years my calf muscles ache severely early morning 5 am thus waking me up once I go for my walk it vanishes. I am not diabetic, no arthritis, no BP, hale healthy otherwise. But sometimes I have my muscles aching in the arms, palm sole etc at various times. Why?
One of the most common complaints of men and women is that of a back ache with lower back aches being the most common. Apart from an improper posture, this may be caused by old age, lifting heavy weights or an injury to the back. A consistent back ache can affect your daily life and make performing regular tasks uncomfortable. Luckily, it can be managed quite well with simple ayurvedic remedies.
According to Ayurveda, backaches are triggered by an excess of Vata dosha. Thus, the Ayurvedic remedies for a back ache aim at reducing the Vata dosha. Ayurvedic remedies are natural and have negligible side effects.
For this reason, they can be prescribed to both children and adults. Some such remedies are:
- Cut down on spices: One of the main characteristics of the Vata dosha is dryness. This can be caused by pungent spices such as wasabi and green or red chillies. The internal dryness caused by these spices can lead to constipation which in turn can be one of the causes of low back aches. Hence, if you suffer from a chronic backache that may or may not be accompanied by constipation, cut back on the spices and try eating food that is slightly blander.
- Eat food before it gets cold: Eating cold food or cold drinks can also increase the Vata dosha levels in our body. Coldness creates congestion and constricts the internal organs while warm food allows the digestive and stool carrying channels to stay open. This allows for the easy expulsion of waste and reduces toxins in the body. Hence, opt for warm drinks like tea or coffee instead of soft drinks and juices and try to eat your food while it is hot.
- Padahastasana or the standing forward fold pose: This yoga asana is very effective when it comes to treating back pain as it allows the Vata dosha to flow easily through the body. In doing this it opens up the digestive channels that may have been causing constipation and back pain. It also relieves problems associated with sciatica. To practise this asana begin by standing upright with your feet beside each other. While inhaling, lift your arms over your head till they touch your ears. Bend forward from your hips while exhaling and try to keep the back and your legs straight. Touch the floor or wrap your hands around your calves. Bring your head as close to the knees as possible and hold for 5 – 10 seconds. Inhale and the slowly roll your body upright again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 27 year old and past 2 years I am working in night shift and got white hair and back pain how to remedy it?
I am 30 years old woman. I want to lose my from overall body.(but mostly on tummy, chest, hip) I have lower back and neck pain. Whenever I do any kind of workout my lower back and neck hurts. I have very less stamina. I want some good exercise and diet plan. I will prefer vegetarian diet. Please help me.
Hello sir I have problem in my spinal cord posture posteriorly above pelvic region it going inside and the belly is coming forward sir what would you prefer for me.
Do you know you can suffer from a torn bicep accidentally? A bicep is a muscle which begins from your upper arm and is attached to the shoulder via bones and to the elbows by tendons. If you do heavy lifting in the gym or somehow put excessive pressure on that area, chances are you may suffer from torn biceps.
There are two kinds of bicep tears you may encounter:
- Complete Tears where the tendons are split into two parts resulting in tremendous pain.
- Partial Tears result when the biceps are hurt but the tendon is not completely severed.
Among the various types of torn biceps, the muscle that is attached to the shoulder experiences the maximum number of bicep ruptures. Suddenly, the bicep tendons get detached from the bone resulting in pain and numbness. You will find a number of sportspersons suffering from this kind of torn biceps.
But why do your biceps get torn?
- One of the reasons why you suffer torn biceps is a prolonged period of ignorance. If you have been putting continuous pressure on your shoulder, the biceps muscle can weaken over time. Overuse of the muscles can give rise to conditions of tendinitis (inflammation of the bone to muscle connecting tissue) and injuries in rotator cuff which, in future, might result in torn biceps.
- A sudden injury like falling over your arms or hurting your shoulder can result in torn biceps.
- Aging is another reason why you can have this complication. Added to this are unusually heavy tasks and overuse of shoulder which can result in this problem.
- Some steroids such as Corticosteroids are directly related to the weakening of muscles and tendons.
When you suffer from torn biceps, you encounter symptoms such as:
- Weakening of the elbow and the shoulder. You will find it troublesome to move your hand.
- Swelling of the elbow with bruises visible on the elbow and the forearm.
- You find trouble in twisting your forearm
- You will experience spasms in the muscles.
- You can also hear a snapping sound of the muscles.
What should you do if you face this problem?
- Continuous applications of ice packs are a must. Repeat the activity 4 times a day with a duration of 20 minutes. You may need to do it for 2 or 3 days.
- Avoid activities which put pressure on your hands and shoulders.
- Consult a doctor immediately and get some painkillers as recommended.
- If you have complete tears, you may need to undergo surgery. Talk to your doctor regarding that. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
Herniated disc, bulged disc, protruded intervertebral disc (PIVD) are the different names of one condition. This is a condition where- disc in between the two vertebral bodies starts peeping out on one side- anterior or posterior. These discs are just like the bags filled with liquid material, which work like shock-absorbent. There are several hard bony vertebrae in the vertebral column and there is plenty of movements with these vertebrae. When we look on one side to other side, we look upwards, downwards or we twist and even we bend forward or backward in each and every condition, there will be a movement in these bones, these discs decide the free movements of the spine. Along with this- when we walk or run there will be shocks and jerks to all these bones and these bags decide that there wont be any kind of jerks in between the bones. So, these discs are of multiple uses.
Our spine is inverted “S” shaped. There are two main curvatures in the spine which are free to move- Cervical and Lumbar curvatures. These curvatures of the spine are maintained due to the spaces in between the two vertebrae. Whenever there is a loss or change (specially reduction) of this space between two vertebrae- pressure will be exerted on the intervertebral discs. This uneven pressure on the disc causes- protrusion/bulge/herniation of the disc- this is the condition known as SLIPPED DISC, in layman language. Why does disc slip
Generally, slipped disc condition is diagnosed by its signs and symptoms. When slipped disc starts exerting pressure on the nerves surround the disc- the nerve will be excited which gives sensation of- Pain, Burning or Numbness in the related area of the nerve. This sensation can travel long far away to the areas, which are being supplied by the nerve and can be limited to a particular location in neck or back even. Sign & Symptoms of Slipped Disc.
Ayurveda about Slipped Disc
Where modern medical (Surgical) sciences believes that this is a problem of just bones and joints of the vertebral disc besides this Ayurveda takes a “Wholistic” (Complete and wholesome) approach towards this and tells that this is a problem at three levels-
- Mamsa Dhatu, Asthi Dhatu, Majja Dhatu!
- These are different tissue levels according to Ayurveda- Mamsa is muscles, Asthi represents bones and the Majja denotes everything which is in between and in the bones.
- Mamsa (the muscles) starts stiffening due to the dryness – improper diet and imbalanced lifestyle and deteriorate the curvature of the spine- which leads to the deterioration of the intervertebral discs.
- Asthi (the bony tissue) is affected due to the muscles.
- Majja (the disc and the neural tissue- spine) is compressed due to the pressure and all effects.
So, we need to treat the condition, wisely and in a wholesome manner, rather just to removal of the protruded tissues (Laminotomy) and this is the basic reason- there are risks associated to the surgery of the spine and in almost more than 45% cases patients had to go for a second surgery to stay pain free. Why Surgery for spine doesn’t succeed. Secondly, this is a mechanical problem so medicines alone can give you temporary relief rather than the cure- So better you save your money and invest it on complete cure for the problem, rather than just taking the pain killers and medicines which were indicated in epilepsy to just reduce the signs and symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!