Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Keyur Shah
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Keyur ShahYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair fall. I visited to The Skin Edge Skin & Cosmetic Clinic, It is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to Dr Keyur B Shah perfect advice. My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Keyur B Shah has completely changed my opinion as She is very helpful and humble. Keyur B Shah has expert knowledge in the field. The complete process of hair growth treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him.
Keyur B Shah has in depth knowledge and ensures that She explains the problem in detail. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my ichthyosis vulgaris. Both Keyur B Shah and staff were very helpful. The complete process of ichthyosis vulgaris treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. I feel so great after the completion of treatment.
Dr Keyur is very patient with all her patients. It was amazing, the Skin Edge Skin & Cosmetic Clinic. lt was so nicely made. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from hair patch, but She was able to handle it. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best.
She did my treatment of lactic peel. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Everything was just spick and span in the Skin Edge Clinic. During the complete lactic peel program She always supported and motivated me. I am feeling very great post the treatment and for that Dr Keyur is the reason. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
I needed to go through an acne scar treatment due to severe acne and pimples on my face and the marks left by it. I needed a good doctor to do that for me as I was very scared being it a topic concerning my face. I met Dr Keyur B. Shah through lybrate at her clinic Skin Edge Skin & Cosmetic Clinic in Ahmedabad. I must say I was very very happy with the service and it gave brilliant results.
Due to my skin infections i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. After completeion of treatment, the infection started again . As one of my neighbour referred, I consulted Dr Keyur. She is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I am so happy that I chose her for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.
Dr Shah guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. On the very first day She identified my problem. The atmosphere in the Skin Clinic is always so positive and full of life. The lab in the Skin Edge Clinic was very clean and well managed. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
The prob was severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from pigmentation, but Dr Keyur was able to handle it. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that She is the reason. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Skin Edge Clinic.
Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results of my photofacial by her. The nurses at the Skin Edge Clinic were really helpful. I am amazed that She is such a sweet doctor, even though She is so busy all the time. I was quite impressed Dr Shah concept of holistic healing.
Due to my thyroid disorders, my hair started falling. I was very depressed due to my condition. I chose to consult Dr Keyur, She is a well known Drmatologist in Gujarat. She is really like god send person. her treatment suited me the best. I am glad that I chose to consult her.
People who have been using different kinds of skin care products have got a lot of misconceptions. Those misconceptions need to be removed otherwise you will never be able to choose the right skin care cosmetics for yourself.
6 top misconceptions about skin-care products
- Costly products are the best: There are many fellows who think that if the skin care products are costly, then they must be equipped with greater effectiveness. In fact, this is one of the leading reasons that most people are currently choosing only costly products without knowing that it can be one of the business strategies of the popular brands.
- Latest products are effective: Currently invented products are always good and this is quite an age-old conception, but this is not true at all. But nobody tries to understand the reality and rather goes by the trend in order to prove the myth to be true. As per the researchers, it has been found that there are many traditional products that are pretty good than the modern ones. But the young generation is not ready to accept this fact, and this is the reason they are suffering like anything.
- Younger look can be assured by creams: Only application of a fairness cream can give a fair complexion is a very wrong conception. Ageing effects can be definitely reduced to a great extent, but cannot be eliminated at all and this is a hardcore fact, whether you accept it or not. On the other hand, you have to choose only selective creams having vitamin-c serums, hydroxyl acids and others.
- Cosmetic companies make intricate researches: Though all reputed cosmetic companies say that they conduct researches intricately for making the creams more improved, but have you ever tried to know the reality? Nice packaging and great fragrance do not mean that the products are the outcome of deep researches.
- Organic creams are safe: Creams having natural ingredients are definitely safe, but how will you come to know that the mentioned ingredients have been added or not? If natural ingredients are good for skin, then you can try the homemade recipes. Hence, why purchase readymade creams having the same ingredients? The answers are still quite controversial and thus, people are pretty confused in taking their decisions.
- Cream is the easiest option: Even if creams are having all the necessary ingredients needed for skin health, still they neither compete nor can take the place of healthy foods in reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Cosmetic surgery has made it possible for almost everyone to have the body they desire. Having small breasts is one of the most common reasons women choose to undergo cosmetic surgery. This type of surgery is known as breast enhancement or breast augmentation.
For this procedure, the doctor will make a small incision along the natural crease lines of the breast. The breast tissue is then lifted to create a pocket in the breast area and an implant is placed in the pocket. These implants can be filled with saline or silicone. The surgeon will then close the incision and reshape the breasts to accommodate the implant.
Breast augmentation is a relatively safe procedure but as with any other invasive surgery, it does have a few risks. Some of the risks associated with this procedure are:
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Pain for the first 48 hours after surgery
- Infection and bleeding
- Numbness and temporary loss of sensation in the breasts
- Asymmetric breasts
Recovery time from breast augmentation surgery varies from person to person. However, to be on the safe side, avoid any sort of strenuous activity or exercise for a few days. Also, avoid running, jumping or any activity that will make your breasts bounce or potentially dislodge your implants. Swimming should also be avoided. The surgical dressing will need to stay in place for a few days after which you may be advised to wear a support bra. Do not wear under-wired bras until your doctor says you can. You should be able to return to work within a week. During this time, surgical sutures, if any, will also be removed. Avoid sleeping on your stomach or on your side for at least a month after the surgery.
Follow the aftercare regime prescribed strictly to speed up the healing process. Avoid alcohol for as long as you are taking medication and do not self-medicate yourself in any form. Massaging your breasts can help deal with the scarring unless you have been advised not to.
Most women notice a drastic difference in the way their breasts look after a month. However, for the implants to completely settle into your breast tissue it will take around 3 months. During this time, they become softer and shift until they are placed just behind the nipple. In some cases, you may require a follow-up surgery and hence it is best to stay in touch with your cosmetic surgeon.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Can I consume vit E capsules daily for good skin and hair? please tell me its pros and cons and which one to be purchased.
Dry skin occurs when your skin lacks the necessary moisture it requires. It tends to make your skin flaky, itchy and sometimes causing red patches especially on your legs, back, arms, or waist. These are the areas we usually forget to moisturize and we tend to concentrate more on our face and hands. Dry skin is usually the result of frequent bathing, use of soaps which are harsh for your skin. Scratching an itchy patch too much will eventually draw blood and might even result in a permanent scar.
However, there are lots of remedies for dry skin, which will help you restore the natural oils of your skin and make your skin glow:
- A hot water bath is a strict no for your dry skin: Hot showers tend to remove your body of its natural oil, which is essential to keep your skin moisturized and smooth. A warm shower should last no longer than 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, gently pat your skin dry with a towel and immediately slather on the moisturizer.
- Do not use harsh soaps: Wash your body with a soapless cleanser when you take a bath. Skin care experts recommend a cleanser that contains ceramides. Ceramides are fatty molecules that help the skin to hold moisture.
- Use sunscreen with good SPF: One of the main causes of dry and itchy skin is sun damage. To prevent sun damage, use of sunscreen with a good amount of SPF is essential for your skin. If you're planning to stay out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, make sure you use a sunscreen with SPF 30. There are many moisturizers which have a good amount of SPF.
- Moisturize your skin daily: Use moisturizers, which contain ceramides, shea butter and glycerin. Moisturizing your skin daily can easily prevent dry skin. Apply a good moisturizer immediately after taking a shower to trap in the moisture.
- Use a face mask: A honey and oatmeal face mask can be used as an exfoliating scrub. Mix together 2 tablespoons of oats with a tablespoon of honey. Spread the mask over your face, keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Facial Melanosis is the effect of excessive Melanin and abnormal Melanocyte under the skin. This results in hyperpigmentation problem; which frequently changes from brown to black and is usually found on the cheek and brow areas of the face. Mostly occurring in females as compared to males, it is found in the age group of over 30 years. Pregnancy, sun exposure, stress, hormone treatments including contraceptive pills, certain medications, and some cosmetics are some of the factors triggering Facial Melanosis.
Treatments for Facial Melanosis:
Facial Melanosis treatment might be very slow to respond. Sometimes, it also leads to irritation in sensitive skin, thus resulting in post inflammatory pigmentation.
Usually, a combination of following measures is helpful:
Discontinuation of hormonal contraception
Lifelong, year-round sun protection with a high SPF sunscreen. Reapply it after every 2 hours in case you are outdoors during the summer. Along with this, wear a broad-brimmed hat.
If applicable, choose cosmetics which have sunscreen.
Use a mild cleanser and if your skin is dry, don’t forget to use a light moisturizer.
Application of Anti-Melasma Cream – The main function of Anti-Melasma cream is to reduce the Melanin by interrupting Tyrosinase (enzyme containing copper found in animal and plant tissues which support the secretion of melanin) activity. The active elements in the cream which are intended for Anti-Melasma are Licorice Acid, Retinoic Acid, Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Tranexamic Acid, Azelaic Acid and Ascorbic Acid.
Usage of Sun Protection Cream – You should look out for those sun protection creams with SPF factor above 15. Also, Sunscreen should be Para-Aminobenzoic Acid-Free (PABA-Free). The presence of Micronized Titanium Dioxide, which is an active element that works as UV-A and UV-B reflector, becomes an issue of importance while selecting the perfect sunscreen.
Peeling – Superficial or the epidermis layer of your skin can be chemically peeled off and this must be done by a specilized dermatologist or under the supervision of a dermatologist. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am dhivya from chennai. I am 24 years old. My skin s dull. I want glowing bright and fair skin. I use vichy night essence and sunscreen. I use lactocalamine lotion at morning. Mine s combination skin but im not sure abt it. I use avarta under eye cream for dark circles and lipbless cream for lips. Pls do help. Face wash also I use vichy .any home remedies for glowing n fair skin? Am I using the rite products or should I change ?pls do reply for my queries.
Dermal or skin fillers are natural or synthetic substances that are used to make a particular area on the face look plump, in other words 'fill' the skin produce younger looking, firmer, plumper skin. Usually used as injections, they plump up the skin just enough to make the wrinkle or the fine lines disappear. While Botox is also used as an injection, its intended use and area of use is different from fillers. Botox is most often used in the outer corners of the eyes and around the forehead.
Fillers are used in other areas mentioned below:
- The laugh lines or the nasolabial folds, lines that run from the nose to the mouth. Fillers can help smooth out the creases and add volume to this area.
- It can make the cheeks look fuller and provide a youthful appearance. Especially in the lower cheek areas, the fat pads shift constantly giving a hollowed out appearance. Fillers can be used in this area to produce younger appearance with fuller cheeks
- The undereye area, where there are depressions or hollows can produce a sagging, elderly look. Fillers used here can improve the appearance markedly
- Even out scars resulting from chicken pox or chronic acne
- Even out irregularities due to shifting fat pads, especially in the temple area or the lower cheek areas.
- Adding volume to thin lips, which again can make one appear old and aged
- Smoothing out vertical lines around the lip edges, which again produce an elderly appearance
These are some uses of dermal fillers. As mentioned, they can be natural or synthetic substances.
Natural fillers usually has hyaluronic acid and is usually effective immediately, but last for about 6 months to a year. In some people, subsequent filler injections produce effective results and the interval between injections may continue to increase. If you are
Synthetic ones on the other hand contain collagen or other similar chemicals, but can produce more long-lasting results. They can be semi-permanent or permanent.
When to use fillers: A great skin care regime can help delay the onset of ageing changes and also reduce the severity. However, despite it, after a certain stage, there would definitely be changes arising out of muscle movement, fat loss, chronic sun damage, ageing skin, etc. When these begin to bother you, then dermal fillers are a good option to consider.
However, a detailed discussion with your dermatologist including aspects of both should ensue. From the doctor's end, check for his skills, experience, technique used, testimonials and expenses. Discuss your skin type, risk tolerance, and potential side effects before choosing a treatment option. Once you opt for dermal fillers, the routine skin care with well tested products needs to continue, including aggressive care against sun damage.
Warts refer to a type of a deformity in the skin, which refers to the formation of a small, hard, benign growth on the surface of the skin. It is generally caused by a viral infection and results in a feeling of discomfort or pain. Additionally, laser surgery is a technique, which uses a sharp and strong beam of light to destroy the wart tissue from the skin. The surgical process is usually performed at a doctor's clinic or chamber, under proper medical supervision.
When should you consider laser surgery?
Ideally a laser surgery should be your last resort to remove a wart when all the other means of removing a wart have failed. You should opt for a laser surgery only under the following circumstances:
- Medicines have not been able to remove the wart
- Warts are large and widespread
- Appearance of warts during pregnancy (only after consulting your doctor)
What should you keep in mind? Before opting for surgery:
A laser surgery is a quite complicated process, but its effects are rapid and effective. Some of the things to be kept in mind before you actually opt for a laser treatment are as follows:
- Laser technology does not lead to scarring on the skin
- The surgery requires a local anesthetic, which is used for making the affected body part numb
- Laser treatments should not be used as an initial treatment
- It is a sure shot way to remove warts
After a laser surgery the wound is generally painful depending upon the intensity, location and number of warts that are removed. Some of the probable outcomes of a laser surgery are as follows: