Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan S ShahYour feedback matters!
I am suffering in Palpitation from 5 years, and now I take Met xl 25 tablets regularly, and also suffering Thyroid and so I take Thyriobless tab.
• Lifestyle interventions have effects similar to single drug therapy.
• Combinations of two (or more) lifestyle modifications can achieve even better results.
• Maintain normal body weight. A reduction of 5–20 mmHg of BP can be achieved for every 10 kg weight loss.
• Consume a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and low fat dairy products with a reduced content of saturated and total fat. It can reduce a blood pressure of 8–14 mmHg.
• Reduce dietary sodium intake to no more than 100 mmol per day (2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride). It can alone reduce blood pressure by 2–8 mmHg.
• Do regular aerobic physical activity such as brisk walking (at least 30 min per day, most days of the week). It can alone reduce blood pressure by 4–9 mmHg.
• Limit consumption of alcohol to no more than 2 drinks (1 oz or 30 mL ethanol; e.g., 24 oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80–proof whiskey) per day in most men and to no more than 1 drink per day in women and lighter weight persons. It can alone reduce blood pressure by 2–4 mmHg.
My husband has haemoglobin 17.5,cholesterol 209, bilirubin 1.37. What can be the reasons for high haemoglobin?
I wanna ask about the health diet. My aunt is a sugar patient and also suffering from heart disease. So I wanna ask about liquid aur food diet for her. I also wanna ask that can we give her fruit juice or not?
My Average Blood Glucose is 180, Blood Pressure 140-150/90-100 and Total cholesterol is 301. I have been taking medicine regularly. Suggest me what should eat and what should avoid?
I am not able to get proper sleep. I'm getting palpitations and anxiety. Since 2 days. and anxiety stays for whole day. Is it due to depression? If yes what should I do. I feel weak.
Sir. I am a 32 years old male. I have been suffering from white coat hypertension (as told by my doctor) for the past 6 months. My blood pressure readings in a Doctor's clinic 165/95 and in my home 125/80. I have been prescribed Concor 5mg tablet daily by my doctor. Is this hypertension a serious one. Any way to get rid of this problem. Kindly suggest.
For e.g. I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am suffering from cold and cough from last 2 weeks I feel chest pain when I cough hard and lots of pain in head and all body.
I have family history of cardiac and my father and grandfather both have undergone CABG. Does this increase the chances of my cardiac diseases in future.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Can we control the blood pressure without medicine. I am having stationary blood pressure 140 from last 15 years. Should I take medicine.
Dr.In my detailed Diagnostic investigation my LDL-167 mg/dl,HDL-38 mg/dl & LDL/HDL-4.40 ,NON-HDL-197 mg/dl.Pls advice my COLOESTROL status & home/ayur remidies for the same.?
My father drinks a lot of alcohol. He need it daily. And some time 2 -3 times a day. We have tried a lot to but he says it is now necessary for him. He is not ready to visit doctors as well. From last few month his alcohol consumption has increased too much. He even started to bunk his office to drink. He has high blood pressure. Cholesterol is detected in his blood. No diabetes. Has skin allergy for which he takes injection per month and take medicine as well. Please suggest any way treat him.
What else can we have except water to control our water level as I sweat much more than normal person. Is more sweating is normal or there is some problem. I even sweat while eating. Pls suggest. My bp is 90 and 140. Is it because of bp.
Hi i am working professional, I am 32 years old male and have a chest pain for last 3 months. What should I do.
Oats, beeans,nuts,foods fortified with sterols and stanols, and fatty fish lowers cholesterol.