Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ketan S Shah
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan S ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have high blood pressure 112/220 (standard 80/120) please can you help me what I should do so my pressure come down and also I have thyroid 7.71 count.
A Patient age 84 diabetic angiography reveals 99% blockage of one artery and 90% blockage of another blood platelet low 89000 taking ecosporin 75 mg one tab daily monit 2.6 mg twice daily (nitroglycerin) lopivas 75g one tab daily please suggest treatment and surgical options.
My husband's blood pressure is 140 /85. He is 29 years old. Is this normal? Does he needs to take medicines?
What can I do to lower BP, cholesterol and for a healthy heart. Also advice on preventing diabetes. How to have stronger knees or to reduce pain.
I am 50 years old. I am suffering from severe pain in right hand fingers except thumb and little finger. With the 3 fingers I could not attend for any work. And their shape emerging curved day by day instead of straight. Besides I am suffering from diabetes, bp, thyroid, spondylitis in 2 shoulders. Your valuable advice in this regard is highly solicited.
Causes and Symptoms of Renal Hypertension
High blood pressure is characterized by an increased force that the blood exerts on the blood vessels when it moves through the body. Renal hypertension is a blood pressure disorder where the arteries that carry blood to the kidneys become narrow, as a result of which the blood pressure through these vessels increases.
It is caused when the arteries that supply blood to the kidney get narrow or get blocked. This can cause the kidney to release specific hormones that signal the body to retain water and sodium. This can put additional pressure on the blood vessels which leads to increased blood pressure. It can also be caused by atherosclerosis which is characterized by hardening of the arteries. Improper development of the arteries can also lead to renal hypertension.
The symptoms of renal hypertension are:
- Feeling confused
- Blurred vision
- Regular headaches
- Bleeding from the nose
- Gradual decline in kidney function
- Possible long-term damage to the kidney
- Feeling lethargic and drowsy
- Loss of appetite
- Dryness in skin
- Muscle cramps
- Breathing difficulties
The diagnostic procedure for this disorder consists of blood, urine, doppler ultrasound and CT angiography or MR angiography tests. Treatments for this disorder usually include medications to ease blood pressure. Preventive measures include modifications in lifestyle such as following a proper diet, limiting smoking, restricting sodium or salt in the diet and following an exercise regimen. Steps should also be taken to reduce stress. Yoga and meditation are highly beneficial to control the condition. Sometimes intervention is needed in the form of PTRA and stenting.
Related Tip: Kidney Stones and Homeopathy
I am 23 year old I have. Heart problem my heart is panic when I am eat ? So please give me advice whether what I do.
I have seen recently that my BP is ranging at about 140-160/ 89-100. Pls advise. I am 47 yrs, 5'10" and weight would be around 78 kgs.
A holter is a a 24-48 hour hour ECG that is used to evaluate disturbances in the rhythm of your heart. A holter monitor is a little, battery controlled therapeutic gadget that measures your heart's actions, for example, rate and cadence. Your specialist may request that you utilize one, in case that they require more data about how your heart functions, that a normal electrocardiogram (EKG) cannot give them. Twenty four hour holter monitoring is an important test to record your heart's rate and cadence for twenty four hours.
You wear the holter small monitor for twelve to forty-eight hours as you continue with your usual everyday routine. This gadget has cathodes and electrical leads like a standard ECG. It can get your heart's rate and beat as well as when you feel neck pains or display indications of an unpredictable pulse or arrhythmia.
Here is how it usually works:
- The holter monitor is very small. It is marginally bigger than a deck of playing cards. A few leads or wires, are attached to your body like an ECG. The leads connect with cathodes that are put on the skin of your chest with a paste like gel. The metal anodes direct your heart's movement through the wires and into the holter screen.
- You wear a little pocket around your neck that holds the recorder. It is important to keep the monitor near your body during the testing time frame to ensure the readings are precise.
- You will get guidelines that disclose how to deal with your monitor and what not to do while you are wearing it. It is vital to abstain from activities, such as washing, exercising, or running, while you are wearing the screen.
- You are urged to take an interest in your typical routine during the holter twenty-four-hour test. You will be coordinated to record your routine in a journal.
- A 24-hour holter test is effortless. Make sure to record any pain, fast pulse, or other cardiovascular symptoms you have during the testing period. Keep the Holter dry to guarantee it works properly. Scrub down or shower before your arrangement to have the screen fitted and do not apply any moisturizers or creams. Stay away from exercises that may lead to the screen getting wet.
- Electrical fields may meddle with the capacity of the holter screen. Keep away from zones of high voltage while wearing the screen.
The results can somewhat be determined as follows:
- After the suggested testing time allotment has passed, you will come back to your specialist's office to have the holter monitor removed. Your specialist will read your movement and examine the aftereffects of the screen. Depending upon the results of the test, you may need to experience additional testing before a conclusion is made.
- The holter monitor may uncover underlying disturbances in your heart rate that may go unnoticed and will help your doctor in treatment of the condition. This is an a very informative and useful tests specially if you have irregular heart beats, fast heart beats, unexplained dizziness or fainting.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!