Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ketan Patel
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan PatelYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I am seeking gastrointestinal problem for last 3 years, Visited & medicated in my native place above 25 times by various doctors and recently 2 times at Bangalore doctor improvement very poor. Yet, burning pain going on, what to do please suggest. Can you please tell me the name of best gastroenterologist with details in India?
I am overweight. I joined gyms, health clubs but couldn't loose weight after heavy workout! What are the best cardio machines to be used for weight loss and how?
Peptic ulcer, often referred to as stomach ulcer, is usually a misunderstood disease. Most people are unaware of the reasons why the ulcer is caused and are also unaware of the early symptoms of the disorder. Here is a look at some of the strange facts about peptic ulcers that you may not know.
- Stress does not cause ulcers: The myth that stress causes ulcers is just that- a myth. Ulcers are not caused by stress and tension. However, if you are already affected by an ulcer, stress can alleviate the symptoms and make matter worse. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can result in ulcers. So, if you have already been diagnosed with peptide ulcer, try not to stress too much.
- Ulcer pain is not caused due to food: Contrary to popular belief, ulcer pain is not alleviated when you eat something. In fact, pain increases if your stomach remains empty for a long period of time. So, if you are an ulcer patient, make a point of eating at regular intervals. In fact, the American College of Gastroenterology claims that people with ulcers do not need to follow a bland diet in order to recover from the condition.
- Heartburn medication is effective against ulcer: Stomach acid is the common link between heartburn and ulcer, as both of these disorders are caused as a result of excess acid formation in the stomach. This is why physicians often prescribe antacids to ulcer patients.
- Untreated ulcers can be problematic: Ulcers are easy to cure and can be completely treated with proper medication and adherence to restrictions. However, you should seek treatment for ulcers as soon as it is diagnosed. If left untreated, this ulcer may go on to cause severe issues for the patient. For instance, untreated ulcers may lead to internal bleeding and scar tissue. The same also impedes the digestive process. So, do not leave ulcers untreated and think that they will be repaired automatically over time.
- Endoscopy is the best way to diagnose ulcers: Even though X-rays may often reveal ulcers, a normal X-ray cannot detect certain smaller ulcers. Endoscopy is the best way to detect the disorder. In this process, a small tube, containing a light and a camera, is inserted inside the patient’s esophagus. The camera reveals any abnormal growth or infection inside the stomach. If you suspect an ulcer, book an appointment with the doctor as soon as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!