Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karnav Desai
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Karnav DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hi. My wife is 27 years old. We had baby a year ago and she is doing breastfeeding since then, her health is falling gradually. As she is eating regular food and taking iron- folic acid tablets. Due to breastfeeding her breast is getting really loose. What she should do to regain her health and firm breast?
Felling cold and suffering from cough and having a races in the body and body is paining very much and can not suffer from the pain and sometimes there is a small pain in my chest.
Hi, my son he is 1 year old, and he is suffering from fever since yesterday, he have high great temp, please advice me what to do.
Chronic hyperglycemia is captured by A1c but not by FPG (even when repeated twice).
Microangiopathic complications (retinopathy) are associated with A1c as strongly as with FPG.
A1c is better related to cardiovascular disease than FPG.
Fasting is not needed for A1c assessment.
No acute perturbations (e.G, stress, diet, exercise, smoking) affect A1c.
A1c has a greater preanalytical stability than blood glucose.
A1c has an analytical variability not inferior to blood glucose.
Standardization of A1c assay is not inferior to blood glucose assay.
Biological variability of A1C is lower than FPG and 2-h OGTT PG.
Individual susceptibility to protein glycation might be caught by A1c.
A1c can be used concomitantly for diagnosing and initiating diabetes monitoring
Natural history of T2DM in Asia
Diabetes is a global epidemic which is out of control, but worse in Asian countries.
It is a huge and growing problem and costs to the society are high and escalating.
Five countries from Asia figure in the top 10 and account for most cases of diabetes globally.
Asian countries share similar risk factors.
There is an association between economic growth and diabetes.
Rapid urbanization and modernization obesogenic environment i.E. Physical inactivity, psychosocial stress and abundance of food
Asians are prone to developing diabetes at a lower level of obesity.
Diabetes has the potential to negatively impact economy and may bankrupt healthcare systems.
Cost effective interventions in healthy living and diet decrease the burden of diabetes and save on healthcare costs and lost productivity.
There has been a dramatic rise in the number of diabetic population in Korea: economic growth, greater exposure to risk factors (lifestyle and diet), demographic changes (childhood obesity, aging population).
Hypertriglyceridemia: The most difficult lipid disorder to evaluate and treat
Hypertriglyceridemia is the most difficult lipid disorder to evaluate and treat. Hypertriglyceridemic disorder in adults is not a single gene. We do not know if TGs by themselves are an atherogenic risk or is it because of the company they keep.
The intra-individual biological variability (diurnal and monthly) of lipids make it more difficult to define hypertriglyceridemia.
TGs are inversely associated with HDL-C, if high HDL-C levels, almost always TGs are low.
Dietary treatment of severe hypertriglyceridemia: <5%, no alcohol, discontinue all TG-lowering drugs, monitor TG q 3 days until levels are below 1000, then restart treatment.
Fibrates do not reduce the CHD events in high risk patient groups. What impact hypertriglyceridemia has on CHD outcomes is not yet clear.
Lower fasting TG to less than 500 mg/dL; this will reduce the risk of pancreatitis.
Follow the current guideline recommendations to lower LDL-C.
The real value of Apo-B is in patients who do not have raised LDL-C (<100 mg/dL). In such patients it can be very informative and should be taken as an indicator of CVD risk.
Plasma apoB and the other cholesterol indexes are complementary rather than competitive indexes of atherosclerotic risk (Am J Cardiol. 2003 May 15;91(10):1173).
Baseline TGs are determinants of the response to bezafibrate (BIP trial).
Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial in reducing CV risk (JELIS; Lancet 2007), especially in patients with high TG and low HDL-C (Atherosclerosis. 2008).
If fasting TG is >200 mg/dL and HDL-C <35 mg/dL, consider a fibrate or omega-3 fatty acid.
My baby is 4 months old. And I want to start giving her top milk along wd d breastfeed How shud I begin?
It is one of the most important ayurvedic oral vaccination which should be compulsorily administered to every child.
What is suvarna prashan?
The process in which suvarna bhasma (purified ash of gold) is administered with fortified ghee prepared with herbal extracts, and honey in liquid or semisolid form.
Whom to administer?
Suvarna prashan can be given to age group of 0-16 years.
What is the time of administration?
Suvarna prashan can be done daily early in the morning, or at least on every pushya nakshatra- an auspicious day- which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
What are the benefits of suvarna prashan?
• suvarna prashan increases immunity power and develops resistance against common infections, thus prevents children from falling ill very oftentimes.
• it builds physical strength in children and enhances physical activities and also improves stamina for the same.
• regular doses of suvarna prashan improves child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, memory recalling in an unique manner.
• it kindles digestive fire, improves digestion and decreases related complaints.
• suvarna prashan also improves child’s appetite.
• it helps to nurture early physical and mental development.
• it develops an inbuilt strong defense mechanism in kids which acts as a safety shield against diseases and complaints occurring due to seasonal change and other prevailing infections.
• it helps body to recover early in case of any illness.
• it guards children from various allergies.
• it protects children from ailments occurring during teething phase.
• tones up skin color.
Overall it makes child healthier.
Benefits of suvarna prashan at vishwacare:
• prepared using completely natural and organic products which are 100% original
• freshly made on every pushya nakshatra
• prepared by the doctor herself
• suvarna prashan drops and leham, both are given
• suvarna prashan daily drops are also available
• substantial beneficial results are achieved
Children taking suvarna prashan doses regularly can be easily distinguished from their remarkably outstanding physical and mental ability.
This suvarna prashan thus helps in the overall development of the child in a more safer way by providing side benefits without any side effects.
Upcoming dates of suvarna prashan in 2017:
8th march (wed) 05: 46 pm - 9th march (thurs) 05: 12 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 05: 12 pm on 9th march)
4th april (tue) 11: 12 pm - 5th april (wed) 10: 52 pm
2nd may (tue) 5: 16 am - 3rd may (wed) 4: 33 am
29th may (mon) 1: 25 pm - 30th may (tue) 11: 57 am
25th june (sun) 11: 25 pm - 26th june (mon) 9: 22 pm
23rd july (sun) 09: 53 am - 24th july (mon) 7: 43 am
19th aug (sat) 7: 09 pm - 20th aug (sun) 5: 22 pm
16th sept (sat) 2: 16 am - 17th sept (sun) 1: 05 am
13th oct (fri) 7: 46 am - 14th oct (sat) 6: 54 am
9th nov (thurs) 1: 39 pm - 10th dec (fri) 12: 25 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from 1: 39 pm on 9th nov to before sunrise on 10th nov)
6h dec (wed) 9: 57 pm - 7th dec (thurs) 7: 54 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 7: 54 pm on 7th dec)
(P.S.: Guru pushya amrut yog is the best time to give suvarna prashan)
My son age 21 month had burned his leg when he was 15 month old with hot boiling water and the whole skin had came out. Now the skin becoming hard nd become darker in some place and whiter in some place, tissue are swallowed. please suggest how to recover the normal skin and reduce the darkness and also whiteness of the skin.
Ayurvedic Perspective of Migraine and its management
Migraine is one of the worst headaches a person can experience. It is described as a throbbing or pulsating pain that can be on one side of the head. It can begin in a specific area and then spread while it builds in intensity. A migraine is associated with nausea and vomiting. The person will also be sensitive to light, sounds and even certain smells. Sleeping can be difficult and many people become depressed. They can last for a couple of hours or for several days.
Therapies Generally Used.
External treatments along with the internal preparations are very effective in chronic conditions. Panchakarma helps to remove the accumulated toxins and help to strengthen the nerve system. Involvement of other systemic disorders is also taken into account before deciding the treatment protocols.
1. Thala pothichil : Various kinds of paste (grinded mixture of selected herbs in suitable liquid media ) over the forehead / entire head help for the sudden relief from the ache. The preparations help to normalize the hyper action of the nerve cells and regulates the blood circulation towards the brain
2. Thalam : Special herbal powders suitable to reduce the Dosha vitiation, are selected and mixed with suitable liquid media(oils/ghee) and this medicated herbal paste is applied lukewarm over the crown of head (Anatomically over the Bregma point on skull). (Dur 25-45min).
3. Shiro abhyanga : Head Massaging with Oils suitable for the Dosha vitiation, helps to increase the blood circulation towards brain and also helps to relax the spastic muscles on head. Special care is taken to massage the Marmas or the Vital points on head which have marvelous results.
4. Nasya : Nasya (application of herbal preparations through nostrils) is one of the treatments which directly acts on the nerves and removes the toxins accumulated in the sinuses. Mucus lining inside the nostrils are one of the areas where numerous nerve endings are exposed. The medicated oils applied through Nasya directly acts on these nerve endings and help to pacify Vata Dosha in disturbed nerves and control the abnormal impulses gernerated by these nerves. The special preparations used for Nasya drains the mucus deposited in the sinuses thereby the pressure in this area is relieved. The medicinal contents of the oils administered, stimulate the higher centers of brain which have actions on regulation of endocrine, nervous system and circulatory functions.
5. Shiro dhara : Shiro dhara with Takram (medicated butter milk) is also another important therapy which is used to control the vitiated vata kapha doshas localized head.(Dur 25-75min) Other Panchakarma treatments like Vasti (a course of medicated oil and decoction enemas), Virechana (purgation) also helps to put the toxins out from the body.
After the Panchakarma therapies, special preparations called Rasayana (immunoregulatory) is administered. Rasayana preparations improve the immune system further improving the perception of sense organs. Migraine due to other systemic involvement like psychological problems, digestive problems, blood pressure, ophthalmic problems, immune problem, improper menstruation, etc will be relieved when treated according to the specific treatment told for these diseases.