Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Karnav DesaiYour feedback matters!
Baby child is 3 months old and her mother's milk production is very low there is no other option than to put him on Nan pro the child is crying due to abdominal pains for the last 2 months. What shall we do?
My baby is 1.6 years old and have one week of fever. Our local Dr. prescribed the medicines like calpol 120/5 mg and and anti biotic but the fever persist so moved to our pediatrics he prescribed to test the blood count and the result everything is normal and wbc is increased to 11600. And given medicine mefenamic acid for fever. I started the course today night. My question is what is my baby problem. How long it take to cure. Suppose the fever does not cure what will be the next thing that I have to do.
The most important concern that any expecting parent can think about is the possibility of a baby born with birth defects. Birth defects are common in the era of modern medicine and advanced technology, but some of the birth defects are easily avoidable.
Birth defects are either Structural Birth Defects or Functional Birth Defects. The structural birth defects include the infant showing abnormal symptoms and progress in muscles and organs whereas, functional birth defects include the defects in systems, which make the body function properly, such as the neurological and endocrine systems.
The most common structural birth defects are given below:
- Missing or abnormal limbs
- Heart defects
- Club foot (when you cannot put your foot sole on the floor)
- Cleft palate (splits or openings in the mouth's roof)
Causes of structural birth defects: The causes of structural birth defects are mainly attributed to genetic disorders or environmental factors such as conception and pregnancy. The external factors include smoking or drinking during pregnancy, deficiency in nutrition or exposure to viruses and other harmful chemicals.
The common functional birth defects are given below:
- Sensory disorder: Disorders in sensory system that can cause blindness and other problems, such as the loss of hearing abilities (both partially and fully).
- Spectrum Disorder: Problem in proper functioning of brain and the nervous system leading to intellectual impairment, ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and disability in speaking and hearing.
- Immunity disorder: It may cause cancer, autoimmune diseases (wherein your body's immune system attacks the healthy tissues) and allergy disorders.
- Degenerative Disorder: In this case, the child grows normally, but later shows problem in functioning and day to day activities. Examples of Degenerative disorder will include Rett syndrome (rare neurological postnatal condition of the brain's grey area) and muscular dystrophy (continuous muscle weakening).
Treatment of Birth defects: Birth defects are recognized by a series of tests conducted during pregnancy. Prenatal ultrasounds can be used to identify birth defects in the uterus. A sample of amniotic fluid (the fluid which surrounds the fetus) can be done along with blood tests to combat birth defects. Some prenatal tests can be done to determine the infections which the mother might have which can cause harm to the infant. There are many medications available to combat birth defects. However, it must be noticed that majority of birth defects can be diagnosed and cured after birth.
Hi My 3 years baby have suffering cough last 3 month at the night or early morning Indication 1. rapid breathing many time 2 cough and sneezing 3. Chest sound My family doctor says he is suffering from asthma and recommend montair 4 and one inhaler I am confused please help me what I do. I am giving montair 4 last 3 month expectorant also given Family history asthmatic in childhood (father) Please give me right direction. Thanks.
I had suffered from anul fissure in the month of December. But I got it treated. Now today I again got that same pain. And breastfeeding my 4 month old. What medication should I take. Which will not affect my breastfeeding and my baby.
My daughter six and half years is suffering from severe cough without phlegm since two years for every fifteen days it starts and prolong for five days. She is asked to do lungs scanning. Is it necessary, and any serious problem is there.
Sir my 5 months baby girl looks week and she sucking her all finger all time after feeding. Can I give her any other think.
My Son 10 years old suffering with thyroid from last 5 years, his weight is very high, how it will effect to his health. Provide tips to take care of him.
The pneumococcal vaccines is compulsory? This vaccines are costly , I can not buy. If I not give to my baby . Than it is harmful for her.
My daughter is 4years old. She is not gaining weight for last 1 years. She has reduced her weight. She has grown longer and have become thinner. She is very active and naughty. Force feeding. Food serving 9am, 12.30 pm, 1.30pm, 5.30pm, 9pm. Weight 14kg.
My son is 3.5 years old and weighs 14 kg. Was having a repetitive condition of pain and stiffness behind left ear with fever and cough and cold. Which was diagnosed as left cervical lymphadenitis the condition is repeating after almost a month. And has repeated fourth time. He has been on antibiotics like zifi for 3 or 5 days. And on the last occasion linezolid for 14 days. But it has again repeated with same symptoms. A little worried wants to seek expert advice. Please help.
My child is 9 day old she is suffering from cold from the beginning of her birth. Can help me pls .I'm very far from city.
I am very concerned with two problems regarding my baby. 1.delayed speech, 2 comparatively less weight. 1.delayed speech: my baby is 22+ months old. She still tells few words such as" ta ta, ga ga" na na" ma ma" ba ba" sometimes alone. When I tell her to tell something, she does not say anything. She looks at me and laugh sometimes. She listens to my song and rhymes and laughs. She points out every thing by hinting. She does not want to say anything, though her learning of walking is also delayed. She leant to walk in 18 to 20 months. 2.Less weight: Her present weight is10+ kg. But weight should be more than it. I desperately need any harmless and effective medicated health drink or milk for her. please tell the solutions for those problems. I am very worried. Thanking u.
Hello doctor my child is 1 year old. What is the food diet for my child. Can I add meat and fish to his diet. But still teeth not grown for him.
With the growing popularity of energy drinks among children, should I be concerned about my child consuming energy drinks?
Usually mothers often feel insecure about their milk production amount and they often feel that their babies aren't getting enough milk, which results in switching to formula feeds, which is not good for their babies in the long run.
This post will help the willing mothers to feed their babies and help as confidence building measure.
1. Milk production gets boosted when mother keep their babies close to body. It provide warmth, bonding, ease tension, etc
2. Proper positioning of baby while feeding is important. You can watch YouTube videos on breastfeeding positions, like CRADLE, CROSS CRADLE, FOOTBALL positions etc.
3. Breastfeeding is a painless procedure,if you are feeling pain,something is wrong.Getting sore nipple,crack nipple are findings of improper attachment.
4. Feed the baby for atleast 20min, it helps baby getting foremilk(watery part of milk) which quench thirst as well as hind milk(thick part of milk) which provides satiety.
5. If baby sleeps while feeding,wake her up by gentle stroking in feet, completely empty your breast otherwise the baby becomes cranky,pass frequent small quantity stools with improper weight gain
6. Passage of urine more than 8 times per day,good sleep in between feeds and proet weight gain are good sign of successful breast feeding.
7. Dont get biased based on advertisement of formula feed in media. They aren't superior to breastmilk in any ways.Breastmilk provide protection against asthma, allergies, blood pressure, heart diseases etc