Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kantilal S Gohil
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kantilal S GohilYour feedback matters!
I have read about caffeine ain't good for skin, I intake strong amount 3 times a day. How does it may affect my skin, need elaboration. Thankyou!
I have many insect bite scars on my hand and legs .i am not able to wear anything other than a full sleeve and full length pant. I got very dark marks which are not fading at any time. My skin is very prone to mosquito bites and other insect bites. And the dark marks on my skin does not fade even after years. I have tried many ointments. Doctor please suggest me a good chemical peel without side effects. I need to completely erase the dark marks and. Wear dress with confidence please suggest some medicine or ointments for faster recovery. And suggest some insect repellent cream which has no side effects.
Basics to help choose a sunscreen: choose a sunscreen with SPF 30 or more with PA rating +++ or more. Lotions for dry or normal skin, gels for oily or combination skin. Look for words like broad spectrum, non comedogenic. Do reapply every 2-3 hours if out in sun. Also combine it with hats, umbrellas, sunglasses or scarves. They offer very valuable sun protection!
I have so many pimples on my face and that pimples cause my face cell dead by which so many holes are generated what I do?
Now I am 22 years old, due to playing long hours in the sun my face was filled with black marks, tell me the ways to remove tan.
Hello Dr, I am 20 year old and I am being conscious about my face skin tone, my skin is dark so I have been applying skin lite cream which makes my skin tone light. I am using it for 2 years but the problem is I cannot stop using this cream because once it stops it makes your skin look darker and I want really want to get rid of this cream. So Dr. please suggest me so that my skin look fine.
I have pores on my face. What should I do? Shall I go for laser treatment or chemical peel? In order to cure it completely. Or it can b cured using some face gel or medicine? Please do elaborate your answer. Thank you!
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!