Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanthi BansalYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my partner yesterday And we use precautions also. But now she is bleeding. What should we do. She took contraceptive medicine week before having sex. Is it a side effect or she is pregnant?
Hi, I am trying to conceive last eight months. I had lots of ultrasounds and hsg test also. Every month my egg converted into cyst. My hsg test report is normal, both tubes are open. My doctor suggested me tab-Aur D3 and lupigest 200. And she said I have to do ultrasounds again, could you suggest me what I will do, either I should go for ultrasound in my next cycle or not.
Hello, can you please tell me what are ways to have safe sex and also which contraceptive method should I use. I am 23 yrs old. I lost my virginity lately. But I wanted to know is ipill or the pill safe? can they not harm in long run?
Antibiotics are taken to treat a host of bacterial infections, from fever to fungal infections, doctors prescribe antibiotics to deal with the symptoms. Usually, a single course of antibiotics must be taken for the cold or the flu to completely heal. Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections; they do not do anything for viral infections.
1. Antibiotics and Good Bacteria
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Antibiotics do not discriminate between good bacteria and their bad peers. Thus, they end up killing the good bacteria as well. The microbiomes in the gut are the good bacteria in your body that aid in digestion. Certain antibiotics can change the entire microbial diversity in the gut and this change can last for a year. Clindamycin, another antibiotic, can kill butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid produced by microbes. In the gut, the butyrate prevents carcinogenesis, inflammation and oxidative stress.
2. Resistance to Bacteria
Like every living organism, bacteria too evolve and adapt to the surroundings. They mutate and respond to the changes in the environment thus, leading to bacterial resistance. Some bacteria mutate and survive the antibiotic treatments. These bacteria reproduce and the resistance strain gets passed on to the next generation which, in turn, makes the new bacteria desensitised to antibiotics. When you get infected again-
- The infection lasts longer, thus the disease may become serious
- There are more complications which tend to further increase every single time you are prescribed a new course of antibiotics
- If the infection lasts longer, then the chances of you infecting others also become higher
- Recovery takes longer
However, there are a few other things to be considered as well:
Taking antibiotics if you have a viral infection is not a smart thing to do. The antibiotics do nothing to kill the virus. However, if your bacterial infection has been plaguing you since a long time, doctors generally prescribe antibiotics every time. This is because, no matter what their downsides are, antibiotics do help you in recovering from various bacterial complications, at times, permanently.
I am afraid that I am pregnant. I didn't had sex only the penis was inserted but intercourse didn't happen. Should I take any pills?
My girlfriend is virgin when I was doing oral sex with her and fingering her vagina mainly fingering around her clit little rough after its over I observed a sticky mucus like blood in my finger What does it mean? Did I break her seal or virginity?
My periods date was on 23/12/2016. I hv checked preganews on dat date also it was negative den again I did check on 25/12/2016 it was negative. And again I checked on 28-12-2016 it was negative. Bt still my periods are due so wht will be the reason.
I am a female 38 years old, mother of two kids (10 & 8 Years). I have a rumbling sensation in my stomach / uterus area. My periods are normal. I had my last period 15 days back. Is this due to gastric or shud I visit my gynaec? Please reply. Thanks.
Hello doc. In 28 year unmarried girl. Nd pcod ki problem h. Muje 3 mnth se periods nhi aa rhe please koi mdcn suggest kro. Periods k liye.
I am 21 years old and I doesn't having a periods in this month. And there is no pregnancy. I have checked with the pregnancy test. I am very scared what should I do?
I am 24 years old and my wife age is 23 years, both of us has the same blood group. I.E B, will that effect during pregnancy or health?
I am 23 years old female my weight is 63 and height is 5.1 am putting on weight gradually. I work in night shift. I know putting on weight will make a way for many health issues. I am already facing indigestion problem. What diet should I follow to decrease my weight? Please suggest.
I am 40 years old. 10 weeks pregnant I am can you tell me is there any relationship b/W WHITE DISCHARGE DURING PREGNANCY AND BIRTH OF MALE CHILD. And can you tell me there r any effects for foetus due to white discharge. White discharge is good or bad.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pains
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema