Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanthi BansalYour feedback matters!
According to a report, more than 70 percent of the woman who are above 45 and trying for ARTs such as in vitro fertility (IVF), use a donor egg for conceiving a baby. With the advancement in the egg-freezing technology, it has become quite easy to make the use of a donor egg for fertility treatment. These days, there are a number of egg banks, sperm banks and egg donation agencies where donor eggs and embryos are collected and frozen for purchase. Some of the recognized fertility centres have also started their own egg and embryo banks for the convenience of the patients.
Who is eligible to go for fertility treatment with donor embryos and eggs?
Well, IVF treatment using a donor egg or embryo is a safe option for all those women who are above 40 years of age and are unable to conceive through their own egg. It is quite helpful for them in conceiving and delivering a baby of their own. Donor embryo is a wonderful option for all those couples in which both the partners are having fertility problem or have faced multiple miscarriages.
There are numerous reasons why someone might need an IVF treatment using donor eggs and sperm. Premature menopause, producing poor-quality eggs, risks of genetic disorder and absence of ovaries are some of the issues where a doctor recommends going for an IVF treatment using a donor.
How are recipients and donors matched?
It is important that the person who is donating the egg is under 36 years and has children. A donor should be healthy and fit. Physical characteristics, such as eye color, height, build, complexion, blood group and race are also matched before using an egg. According to the instruction from HFEA, the doctor is not allowed to share additional information about the donor before the matching. The donor needs to undergo a health screening process under the supervision of IVF experts. Once the clinic or agency finds a suitable donor match, the next step is to provide professional counseling on the ethical, medical and emotional impact of the donation.
Lastly, the most crucial step is to make the process legal. It involves a lawyer who draws a contract between the donor and the recipient that defines financial obligations, parental rights and future contacts. Different states have different laws, but a donor usually signs their rights to the child. It is wise to follow the legal process properly in order to avoid any future issues. A legally binding contract is of great help, especially when the donor wants to stay in touch after the child is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I have pcod problem .recently I came to know about it. Please tell me about the diet to take and what to avoid to recover from the problem early. I am taking medicines as suggested my gyaeno.
One of my friend have pcos problem she is trying to conceive from 2 years but she is unable to conceive now she is under depression suggest something and advice accordingly what percentage and chances to conceive?
I'm scared of making any physical relations with any girl. Because I'm scared of losing my virginity. My friends told me that it hurts a lot.
I am 44 year old married female suffering from pain at a point in the lower part of my right breast. I am also feeling sick as if fever with total body pain since two months. My period cycle is 28 days and discharging clotted blood at the starting of the period of every month. Kindly suggest me for treatment. I am very afraid of breast cancer.
Hi 6 weeks got chicken pox, adviced tab acyclovir, she had taken for 2 days. Should she continue with pregnancy or adviced termination of pregnancy.
The relationship is a tricky aspect of one's life and if things go wrong it can devastate us and if a relationship is right, it can bless us with a wonderful life partner.
As easy as it is to shrug it off and blame it on the other person, there are certain things everyone needs to accomplish in their own life before they can be a good partner.
1. Get involved for the right reasons
One of the simplest questions to ask yourself is why you want a relationship in the first place? Is it because you really like this person, or are you trying to distract yourself from other problems?
Sometimes people, especially in young age, people enter into a relationship for all the wrong reasons, like starting a new relationship only because all of your friends are dating someone and being with someone just makes you feel secure with a partner rather than for the feelings you have for that particular person.
So the first thing you should do is to progress consciously and understand if the reasons are right to go in for a relationship. Then visualize if you want to grow old with the person or if you are looking for a life partner.
2. Avoid sex as a medium to gain intimacy
A lot of time people tend to begin a relationship with sex believing that it will eventually lead to a more emotionally intimate or a committed relationship. Research shows relationships that start with sex before emotional intimacy, typically fails to become committed unions.
3. Leave the Past in the Past
Everyone has had things happened to them that they would rather forget, but not everyone can shrug it off. Memories only become baggage if you dwell on them and refuse to move on. Learn to let go of the people who are no longer in your life and forget the ones who let you down. Move on and set your sight on the horizon.
4. Learn to Accept Other People
One of the toughest things you learn in life is that other people don’t exist to fulfil all your expectations. Accept other people for who they are and learn to embrace their flaws. A good relationship is one where both people can feel comfortable and at home. Judging people is a great way to get them headed towards the door.
Am six week pregnant. Having a bleed slightly with no cramps. But am worried. I had some oral sex morning with husband. Why bleeding occurred.
I am suffering with pcod. My periods are not regular. Today third day of my period started but very less or can say just sporting. And close to black in colour. I Am worried. Last year I have cryotherapy also. Does I need to see my gyni or wait for some?
How to avoid pregnancy im afraid that im pregnant but my boyfriend did not ejaculate im already pcos patient amd pls suggest me something im afraid it s the second day after intercourse can I consume papaya raw and sesame seeds pls suggest im afraid pls help me how to know that im pregnant or not and I did not hav periods for past 3 months before intercourse becoz im already pcos patient.
Why does a girl becomes fatty after marriage. What may be the reason. And what precautions must be taken after aborting twice. Now I am planning for a baby. Twice abortion was a gap between one year. Can I conceive now.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
My wife are 8 months pregnant I want to live with her at delivery time in the delivery room with doctor Because my wife have some problems I can't leave alone at this time It is possible that I can live with her at any type delivery like surgical or normal in the delivery room Can I get this facility there in your hospital Can you allow me in delivery room Can I live with my wife at delivery time in your hospital.
It is really important to enlighten yourself with the meaning of the word 'cannabis'. Cannabis Sativa is a kind of hemp plant from which you derive hash, hash oil and marijuana. Cannabis is popularly known by a litany of street names like weed, pot, grass, homegrown or even ganja. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is a chief chemical present in the plant. This chemical has the potential to alter the way you think, feel or work and hence there is a need to know its link with psychosis. Psychosis on the other hand aims to explain mental conditions felt by a person. In most cases a stark departure from reality is noticed which is usually the case after consuming cannabis as well.
Psychotic effects of Cannabis:
- Irregular sleep patterns: The effect of Marijuana or hash can upset your sleep patterns. A check has to be exercised therefore. It can make you feel too tired and exhausted to rest for long hours.
- Increased anxiety: Many times, the hemp plant has been found to play up with your coping skills. You might feel anxious at the drop of a hat. Anxiety takes a toll on mental peace and affects your physical health.
- Problem in thinking clearly: Under the effect of Cannabis, you tend to live in a parallel universe. Your mind makes up imaginary situations thinking it to be real. This muddles up your capability to think clearly.
- Lack of innovation: Continuous consumption of the drug can also make a person repetitive; you stop conceiving new ideas.
- Reduced confidence: Studies show how you can become very nervous due to the effects of cannabis.
- Reticence: Communication can be a problem if you have been using the plant for a long time. You tend to bottle up your emotions and also your fears.
- Paranoia and suspiciousness: You might even grow suspicious of people you trusted all along. Friends, relatives, parents are doubted. Obsession with the slightest of things is also a resultant effect.
- Delusions and Hallucinations: Being 'high' is a positive effect as it helps you to relax, but if unhindered it could lead to serious hallucinations. Your existence in a hallucinated world can even turn fatal in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Hello sir, I had 4 times take a abortion pill and nowa days I knew my blood group is a negative. What I can when I am planning to next pregnancy?
Ayurveda includes ahara (food) as one of the trayopasthambha, one of the three pillars to keep the body healthy. The term ahara stands for the healthy eating habits. The disciplined eating habit will nourishes and keep a person healthy, on the other hand undisciplined eating habit can lead to serious health issues.
Virudhahara (incompatible food) is the main output arising from the undisciplined eating habit.
It can be consider as one of the major thread for the new age diseases.
- Viruddha (incompatibility)
What is viruddha?
Those substances which cause the imbalance of doshas in the body but do not expel them out are known as viruddha and so they remain antagonistic to the dhatus. When foods with different qualities, heating or cooling properties and different post digestive effect are combined in one meal they suppress the digestive fire (agni) and lead to accumulation of toxins in our body.
Bad effect of viruddha:
The use of viruddha food will produce boils, swelling, toxicity, abscess, tumors, cancer, weakness, loss of vigor loss of strength, loss of memory, loss of sense perception and intellect. Also causes fever, hemorrhagic disorder, skin diseases, diabetes etc.
Avoiding the incompatible food combination from the food habit is the first line to prevent the bad effect arising from virudhahara. If a person already in the habit of taking foods which is incompatible, advised to reduce the quantity of such foods gradually from the diet rather than stopping it suddenly. Ayurveda explains the panchakarma (5 purificatory therapy - vamanam, virechanam, vasthi, nasyam and raktha mokshanam) as a real solution to expel out the toxins accumulated in the body.
- Viruddha ahara (incompatible food)
Milk with fish, horse gram, black gram, salt, sour things, bananas, meat, melons, curd, bread containing yeast, cherries
Meat of aquatic animals with honey, jaggery, sesame, milk, black gram, raddish, germinated grains
Lakucha with curd, jaggery, honey, ghee
Banana with curd, buttermilk, fish, meat, melons, curd, sour fruits, bread containing yeast, cherries
Leafy vegetables with butter
Melons with dairy, eggs, fried food, grains, starches, cheese
Equal quantity of honey and ghee
Equal quantity of honey and water
Beans with fruit, cheese, eggs, fish, milk, meat, yogurt
Eggs with fruit (especially melons), beans, cheese, fish, milk, meat, yogurt
Hot drinks with mangos, cheese, fish, meat, starch, yogurt
Lemon with cucumbers, milk, tomatoes, yogurt
Potato with melon, cucumber, dairy products
Radish with bananas, raisins, milk
Tapioca with fruit, especially banana, mango, beans, raisins, jiggery
Yogurt with fruit, cheese, eggs, fish, hot drinks, meat, milk, potato
Chilies are incompatible with, yogurt, milk, melon, cucumber
Yogurt is incompatible with milk, sour fruits, melons, hot drinks, meat, fish, mangos, cheese
Mangos are incompatible with yogurt, cheese, cucumbers
Corn is incompatible with dates, raisins, bananas
Pigeon meat prepared in mustard oil, honey after heating
Drink hot water immediately after honey intake, cold water immediately after ghee intake, immediate exposure of extreme hot to cold and vice versa, cold drinks put down the digestive fire especially when taken with the meals, intake of milk when the body is heat, intake of food immediately after physical work
- Ayurveda offers some advice concerning eating habits:
There should be at least 6-hours interval between the meals.
Do not drink water one hour before and one hour after eating. It is advisable to have like warm water along with the meal.
Do not eat many items in one meal.
Eat according to your own digestive capacity.
Do not mix fruits with your meal. Substitute one of the meals with fruits or eat them between the meals.
There should be at least 4 hours between the last meal and going to bed.
Sleeping in day time especially immediately after a meal is harmful.
A short walk after a meal helps digestion.
Do not eat when you are worried or depressed.
Do not eat if you are not hungry.
Eat in a clean and pleasant environment.
Do not read a newspaper or watch the tv while eating
Do not eat too fast or too slow
- Taste and food: according to ayurveda there are six basic tastes: sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent. They are composed of the five principal elements.
1) water and earth - sweet taste.
2) earth and fire - sour taste.
3) water and fire - salty taste.
4) fire and air - pungent taste.
5) air and ether - bitter taste.
6) air and earth - astringent taste.
Tastes not only influence digestion, but they also have a profound influence on our doshas. A basic principle in ayurveda is similar increases similar.
1) sweet taste is composed of water and earth element. It increases kapha dosha which is composed of the same elements, but reduces vata and pitta dosha. Sweet foods are bread, rice, milk, sugar and most of the fruits. They are necessary for every constitutional type, but in excess they increase kapha and lead to overweight, increase of the mucus secretion in the nose and sinuses, increase of the mucus in the lungs, create e feeling of
Heaviness, laziness and causes diabetes.
2) sour taste is composed of the elements fire and earth. Sour foods are mostly beneficial for vata dosha. Small quantity may be used by kapha and a very small by pitta dosha. Sour foods are citrus fruits, yogurt, vinegar, cheese, all foods produced by fermentation. Used in moderation they stimulate appetite and salivation, improve digestion and refresh one's mind. Used in excess they cause thirst, burning sensation, indigestion and may help progression of different diseases.
3) salty foods are used in small quantities by all types, but are mostly beneficial for vata and increase pitta and kapha. Salty foods are sea salt, rock salt, kelp. Salty taste has laxative effect, reduces spasms in the colon, supports the electrolyte balance, stimulates salivation, improves the taste of foods and helps digestion and elimination. Used in excess it may disturb the balance of pitta and kapha. It causes hypertension, deterioration of heart conditions, skin diseases and causes early formation of wrinkles.
4) pungent taste is mostly beneficial for kapha, may be used in small amounts by vata and in very small quantity by pitta dosha. Pungent foods are many varieties of peppers, onion, radishes, garlic and ginger. They improve digestion, clean the sinuses, stimulate nasal and eye secretion. Excessive use may cause burning sensation, thirst, ulcer, skin diseases, diarrhea and insomnia.
5) bitter taste is good for all doshas in small quantities. It is mostly beneficial for pitta dosha. Bitter foods are coffee, aloe, curcuma, salads. Bitter improves the taste of foods in combination with other tastes. It is considered antitoxic. It cleans the body and the liver from toxins. It relieves the burning sensations and itching in skin diseases, reduces the fever and improves digestion. It has a drying potency and causes reduction of the adipose tissue. Excessive use is not recommendable. It causes dryness of the skin, weight reduction and sexual disturbances.
6) astringent taste should be used in pharmaceutical quantities. It may be used by all doshas in small amounts, but pitta and kapha a little bit more than vata dosha. Astringent are pomegranates, beans, cherries and foods rich of tannins. Astringent is constricting, reduces secretions, helps wound healing and reduces bleeding. Excessive use may cause
Dryness in throat and mouth, constipation, gas, weight loss.
- Advise according to dosha
People with vata dominant constitution should avoid bitter, pungent and astringent foods. Good for them are sweet, salty and sour foods. Light, dry and cold foods are not recommendable. It is good if everything is cooked, warm, with oil because vata dosha is light and dry.
People with pita dominant constitution should avoid sour, salty and pungent foods like citrus fruits and pickles. Beneficial for them are sweet, bitter and astringent foods. They must not be warm and with a lot of oil, but only with a small amount of sunflower oil or ghee.
People with kapha dominant constitution should avoid sweet, sour and salty foods. Beneficial for them are bitter, pungent and astringent foods. They have to be warm, with only a small amount of oil, mainly sunflower or corn oil.
We hope that this article will improve your eating style and health too.
Keep enjoy healthy eating:)