Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanthi BansalYour feedback matters!
It's here! summer! a time for picnics, swimming, beaches and lots of sunshine. So what can you do to make sure that you have a healthier summer? Ayurveda recognizes that the patterns found in nature can also be found within our bodies. We are constantly interacting with nature and as the seasons change so do our bodies. That means what you were doing in the winter and spring, may not be what your body need in the summer.
To understand what happens to your body during the summertime, you must first understand the characteristics of the pitta dosha, which is the dominant ayurvedic dosha (please read vata- pitta -kapha the three bio-energies notes from our page) in the summer. Pitta is the dosha responsible for transformation and is associated with our digestion, assimilation, and metabolism. And just like the sun, pitta radiates lots of heat and energy. The heat is associated with a good healthy metabolism and a good appetite. But when it goes out of balance pitta people tend to get overheated. This can make you feel easily irritated and angered as well as make you vulnerable to inflammatory conditions, food allergies, and skin rashes, especially with too much sun exposure.
The pitta dosha has specific qualities such as hot, oily, sharp, spreading and liquid. These qualities are manifested as specific physical characteristics in pitta individuals who are in balance. Hot represents a strong, healthy appetite. Oil can be seen as soft, supple skin. Sharpness manifests as a strong intellect and an active mind that is able to solve problems and stay organized. Spreading can be seen as the desire to create and be involved in many projects, which is why pitta people are often popular with others. Liquid is an aspect of pitta which allows for easy transportation, and that is why pitta individuals often tend to sweat easily and have multiple bowel movements a day.
So how does this tie into summer balance? summer is usually the hottest time of the year with the sun being the closest to the earth. This increases the pitta within us all. But if your pitta was already out of balance, you will have tendency to have more health problems during the summer. The first signs of excess pitta that I typically notice in myself are more irritability and greater skin sensitivity to the sun. In the summer time, pitta individuals may start becoming more aggressive, break out in rashes, have worsening heartburn or stomach pain, catch a 'summer' cold, suffer from worsening allergies, get heat stroke, and get more headaches as the weather gets warmer. But just because you have too much pitta doesn't mean you can't enjoy the summer. You just need to take some healthy precautions to prevent your pitta from getting out of balance
The key to keeping pitta balanced in the summer is easy - just chill out! here are few easy ways to keep your pitta nice and cool.
1. Spend less time in the sun. Avoid doing hard work during the hours between 10 am and 3 pm, which is when the sun is the hottest. When you go outdoors, keep your head covered and drink lots of fluids.
2. Avoid hot foods, spicy and fermented oil. Diet is the most powerful way to keep pitta cool. During the summer avoid foods that increase the heat in your body such as chilies, vinegar, oily foods, fried foods, fermented foods, salt, cheese and sour foods. In place of these items, eat foods that have a cooling effect on your body such as sweet, watery fruits like melons and mangoes and green leafy vegetables.
3. Try rose-petal preserves. They're a wonderful, tasty treat that will help you cool down your heart and mind. You can spread them on bread or just eat them straight.
4. Get a coconut-oil massage. It'll help to draw out excess heat from your body. Just rub coconut oil over your body and let it absorb for 5 minutes before your shower. You can also rub it on your feet at night especially if your feet start to burn at bedtime.
5. Have some fun! pitta individuals can sometimes get too serious and caught up in their head. Do your best to balance hard work with some relaxation time with family and friends.
6. Go for a swim. Swimming is the best exercise in the summer. The cool water balances out the excess heat inside your body.
7. Make my favorite summer drink! try freshly squeezed watermelon and cucumber juice with a hint of rose water.
8. Yoga - do sheetli or sheetkari pranayam and this wil have a cooling effect on the body.
9. Topical remedies for soothe sunburn -
- Apply aloe vera cream. Or if you have access to an aloe vera plant lightly rub a piece o the plant (after cutting it, open and taking out gel) on the sun burn area.
- Coconut oil is effective for soothing the sun burn skin.
- Apply tikta ghrita topically.
- Take gauze pad dip into cool cow milk and apply it directly to the sun burn area. If you have no milk available, use a cloth and dip in cool water, but milk is better.
- Pulverize some lettuce and apply the pulp directly on the sun burn area.
- Make a paste of sandalwood and turmeric by mixing equal amount of these herbs with a little cool water. Apply gently to the sunburn area it will have a cooling effect.
You have a great opportunity to be in harmony with nature by learning to balance your lifestyle, diet and activities with each season. This helps you to understand yourself better year round and keep you feeling great all the time.
Have a great summer!
I am 17 year old female .i had sex last day and now I am bleeding while peeing. A frequent urge to urinate. Pain too. I had used protection .why is this happening .is it something serious?
After 5 days of my ovarian cyst laser operation there is white creamy discharge from my vagina with lots of itching and small sores inside the vaginal opening pls suggest me something.
I Scare to do sex even after 4 months of marriage as I am scare to do it. I feel pain when I try to do it. What should I do to avoid pain and make my sex life healthy and happy.
My mother's brother wife delivery date is 24/5/2016 but she has no pain till now as their are only 5 days left for completion of 9 month. And she has no pain. Is this a serious problem. And tell me at after how many days do I can do sex after pregnancy?
hi, I have a question.. I am 12 week 4 days pregnant but sometimes I feel pain in my lower abdomen and my belly is still not grown as the other women..is it normal..please help..
Sir my younger sister is of 18 years old and she is been committed for around 3years and 3 months so she wanna have physical relation with her guys so can she hav e it safely without any one knowing bcoz people usually say that when you have it for the first tym den you can not walk for 2-3 days and suddenly the shape of your body changes.
I fingered my girl friend. I had a bit of pre cum on my fingers. It was a day just after her periods ended. She took an iPill within 13 hrs exactly. 8 days after the incident she has started bleeding. Has the pill worked? What are the chances of pregnancy now?
How can we determine whether a lady has had intercourse earlier or not? what is the concept behind bleeding at the time of first intercourse stating that the lady is then virgin?
I am suffering from hypothyroidism for last 3 years. Got married November 2015. I am bothering about pregnancy. It's 8 months already passed and I am not getting pregnant. Please suggest some medicine or treatment. Is everything normal with me or I need to bother?
My wife is having uti. It occurs very frequently. After comletin the antibiotic course it seems am fit but again reoccurs. Can you tell me whether excessive use of condoms is the cause or what else. Give me remedy and say me whether it will create prob for pregnency.
My last period date 1 april I was done pregnancy test in 11 may it is positive but l have no any vaginal discharge my period was always irregular my doct call me in 24 th may fir ultrasound I am scared what can I do?
I have got periods yesterday but only a drops was noticed and we are trying to conceive is it possible to get pregnant?
My wife have 5 month pregnant. She suffers from itching and not get relief after using evion lotion and other medicine.
I have two children and my wife is pregnant again now I don't want more kids can I have solution for this.
I did sex on 17 July nd my period date was 26 July I did pregnancy test twice nd it was negative nd after this I had period on 12 aug means 15 days late so I am worry about pregnancy pls help.
I have a baby of 2 months old whom I used to breastfeed till his 1 month. From there on due to personal situations I don't get enough food for myself so couldn't breastfeed my baby and as doctor suggested dexolac during his stay in NICU, I am continuing using the same till now though I don't want to feed with formula. But I find my baby putting up every time I feed. I heard that babies do put up during burping. But my baby put up as if he is drooling most of the times. I am very concerned about this. Not sure whether it's becoz of formula. I can't even afford visiting a doctor actually. Also by any chance if I start having food from now on, will I be able to breastfeed my baby again? After all my baby's health is most important to me.
Dear sexologist, mera girlfriend ko sex karne ko maan hai. Anal sex pe interest hai. Abhi gf ko 22 saal hai. Condom kar ke sex karna chahta hai. 1. Kya gf sex karne se pregnant hoga. 2. Agar pregant hoga sex karne kitne mahine ke andar pregnant hogi. 3. Agar i-pill liye to pregancy fir bhi hota hai kya .4. I-pill se pura pregnancy ko bandh hota hai kya .please help kijiye. 22 saal mein pregnant ko pura bandh karna hai. Please 4 questions ka problem solution den.
For optimum health it is vital to eat a well balanced diet that is high in fibre and includes all the major food groups.
1. For optimum health it is vital to include both soluble and insoluble fibre daily. Soluble fibre is found in foods such as psyllium husk, apples, oat bran and legumes (chickpeas, lentils). Sources of insoluble fibre include whole grains, broccoli, nuts, seeds and vegetable skins.
2. Including fibre in your diet will offer benefits beyond your bowel. Fibre plays an important role in helping to prevent serious health conditions. Fibre can also help manage the digestive complaints associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
3.The easiest way to boost your fibre intake is to eat foods in their most natural state i.e. fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains (steel cut oats, rolled rye, brown rice, whole-wheat), legumes, nuts and seeds. If you are struggling to reach the recommended 25-30g of fibre per day, you may wish to boost your intake with a fibre supplement made from psyllium husk.
4. Make it a priority to drink 500ml of water before breakfast. Staying well hydrated will give you more energy, mental clarity and enhanced digestive function.
5. The first step to good nutrition is to remove all highly processed foods from your kitchen. This will allow room for nutrient dense, fresh foods.
6. Preparation is key, plan your meals at the start of the week, pre cook and freeze meals ahead of busy days and always carry healthy snacks in your bag for when you are on the run.
7. Make an effort to include raw foods such as fruits, vegetables, sprouts, nuts, seeds and fresh herbs. Raw foods provide enzymes, vitamins and disease protective antioxidants.
8. When it comes to fruits and vegetables variety is a must. Take the time to learn what is in season and try something new. Selecting seasonal produce ensures variety, optimal taste and quality.
9. When preparing meals you should simply think rainbow. If your plate is full of brightly coloured fresh produce you know you are on the right track.
10.Drinking herbal tea is a tasty way to improve hydration. Herbal teas include ginger, mint, jasmine, lemon grass, and chamomile.
11.A healthy diet is a balanced diet complete with all major food groups. Meals should contain a mixture of fibre rich carbohydrates, good quality protein and essential fatty acids.
12.It is estimated between 30- 50% of Australia adults are deficient in vitamin D. The easiest way to increase vitamin D levels is by going for a walk outdoors and enjoying sensible sun exposure.
13.Serving sizes have doubled over the years making it easy to overeat. Limit your portion size by eating from a smaller plate or bowl.
14.Limit added sugars to no more than 10% of your daily calorie intake or 6- 10 teaspoons per day. To calculate how many teaspoons of sugar is in a food product divide the grams of sugar by 4. For example 16 grams of sugar is equivalent to 4 teaspoons of sugar.
15. Probiotics are the beneficial ‘good’ bacteria essential for health and digestive function. Aim to consume probiotic rich foods like natural yogurt, fermented vegetables and fermented milk drinks on a regular basis.
16.Health is a state of complete physical and mental well-being. Do not neglect your emotional health, take time out to stop, relax and breathe.
17.Spice things up at meal times by using a variety of herbs and spices. Including fresh herbs will enhance flavour, texture and boost the nutrient value of any meal.
18.Good quality sleep is vital for good health. Poor sleep can impact on everyday life affecting concentration, mood, stress levels and weight gain. Aim to get into bed early and enjoy around 8 hours of deep sleep.
19.Fibre can benefit energy levels. Soluble fibre slows the rate of carbohydrate digestion and absorption therefore preventing blood sugar surges and crashes. Foods that are high in fibre are ideal choices for sustained, balanced energy throughout the day.
20.Studies have indicated that consuming around 7g of soluble fibre per day can help lower blood cholesterol levels. Once consumed soluble fibre binds to cholesterol aiding its passage through the body and eventual elimination. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water, soluble fibre works best when partnered with water.