Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Gastroenterologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kaivan Shah
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Treatment
Biliopancreatic Diversion Treatment
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Submit a review for Dr. Kaivan ShahYour feedback matters!
Why I'm having awkward moment in anus while sperm getting out in my anus it feels someone pressing my anus please suggest me as soon as possible.
One of the most common problems with the gastrointestinal system, peptic ulcers occur when the lining of the stomach - the esophagus or the small intestines, gets damaged. The damage occurs due to the development of sores on the lining which may be due to inflammation caused by certain bacteria, or due to erosion caused by the stomach acids. This can be a very painful disorder and end up severely limiting your life. Peptic ulcers can cause intense abdominal pain, vomiting nausea, indigestion and sudden unexplained weight loss.
The Homeopathic Approach to Curing Peptic Ulcers
The treatment of peptic ulcers in conventional medicine primarily revolves around the treatment of symptoms. The symptoms may be suppressed for some time but eventually come back sooner or later. This results in a vicious cycle where the treatment becomes less and less effective over time. Homeopathy, on the other hand, has an approach of trying to correct the problems from the root and over time, remove the very cause that results in the problem. Some of the things a homeopathic doctor may ask you would include –
- Family history of ulcers
- General health history of the family to determine hereditary health problems
- Physical characteristics
- Psychological tendencies and likes and dislikes among other information
Homeopathy takes into account not just the symptoms but the general constitution of the patient as well. This helps not only cure the ulcers but also the pre disposition to developing it again.
Effective Homeopathic Medications
Some of the most effective homeopathic medications used in the treatment of peptic ulcers are mentioned below. However, you shouldn’t try to self-medicate as it is best to consult with a doctor who can properly diagnose the problems and prescribe medication which are specifically tailored for you.
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the most effective medication in treating ulcers, Argentum Nitricum is usually prescribed when you experience sharp burning pains from peptic ulcers that radiate to different area of the abdomen. The pain is akin to the feeling of gnawing inside the stomach. Other symptoms such as vomiting, belching and nausea may also be present.
- Nux Vomica – If you have peptic ulcers and even eating the slightest amount of food causes pain, then Nux vomica may be a good option and thus be prescribed by your doctor. Another indication in such cases is where the abdominal region is very sensitive and you may feel pain even with the slightest touch. Nux Vomica is also very effective if your peptic ulcer symptoms tend to get worse after the consumption of tea, coffee, spicy foods or alcoholic beverages.
- Kali Bichromicum – Sometimes, peptic ulcers may cause the food in your stomach to sit like a heavy load immediately after meals. This can make you very uncomfortable and unable to do any other form of work. This is often times accompanied by a low appetite. In such cases, Kali Bichromicum has been seen to work wonders.
- Lycopodium Clavatum – If you have burning pain in your stomach along with the bloating of your abdomen, then Lycopodium Clavatum is the best medication for you. Other indications for this medication are when ingestion of warm water helps relieve pain. If consuming certain vegetables such as cabbage and beans worsens the situation, then Lycopodium Clavatum could be the best medication in such a case.
- Carbo-veg – An all-rounder in the field of homeopathy, Carbo-Veg is also effective when treating peptic ulcers which are accompanied by heartburn and acidity as well as sour belching. The pain from the ulcers may extend from the stomach all the way to the back. Other indication wherein Carbo-Veg may be effective is where the stomach area becomes very sensitive to touch and even small amounts of food may suddenly cause the symptoms to deteriorate.
- Hydrastis Canadensis – Stomach or abdominal pain accompanied by weight loss is one of the major indications where this medication may be prescribed. The patient may become emaciated and have sharp cutting pains in the stomach. In such cases, Hydrastis has been seen to be very effective.
- Graphites – This medication is extremely useful where along with the ulcer pain, you may end up vomiting your food immediately after a meal. A sensation which is painful and constrictive may be present in your stomach. Along with these symptoms, Graphites are also very effective when you suffer from excessive belching.
- Phosphorus – If you exhibit typical symptoms of peptic ulcer such as sour belching and a burning sensation in the stomach after eating, Phosphorus could well be the panacea.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My son is 17 years old and is not having very good appetite. When referred a doctor, he got his S.Bilirubin test done. It was 1.92 and then after a weeks time this test was again repeated and it came out to be 1.86. Now the last test was done today after 10 days and the result is 2.86. The test that was done today is with a fasting of around 14 hours. Just want to know, about the next steps and why the bilirubin level is so high. Please suggest. Thanks.
Gastritis / acidity part -2
Simple ways to manage gastritis / acidity
Gastritis/ acidity is usually mild and can be cured easily by following better food habits and regular healthy lifestyle. However, sometime gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers. Few over-the-counter (otc) antacid medicines and a set of do's and don'ts can relieve gastritis. Some of the lifestyle and dietary changes are as follows:
Lifestyle / dietary changes:
Excess spicy food and use of painkillers, alcohol, cigarettes and acidic beverages lead to symptoms of gastritis. To get rid of symptoms of gastritis, one should follow these simple remedies.
Small meals: eat food in smaller quantity and switch to several small meals.
Avoid painkillers: painkillers lead to ulcers in your stomach and cause bleeding. So, avoid unnecessary use of painkillers.
Yoga and physical exercise: kapalabhati, bhastrika and anulomaviloma yoga increases movement of body and organs, helpful in the treatment of gastritis.
Foods to be taken:
A healthy meal plan with low unhealthy fat, salt, and added sugar helps in relieving gastritis. Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fat-free or low-fat dairy foods. Lean meats, poultry (chicken and turkey), fish, beans, eggs, and nuts are also advised to gastritis patients.
Fruits: fruits contain vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants should be the part of the diet plan.
Rice gruel: rice gruel helps in the formation of watery gastric juice and reduces the acidity level within the stomach. Only rice that has been aged for one year must be used. Wheat and barley are beneficial.
Vegetables: garlic and onion limit the growth of bacteria. Carrot juice, spinach juice, pumpkin, bitter gourd (kaakarakaya), cucumber (dosakaya), and green banana are effective. Broccoli is effective against h. Pylori bacteria in the stomach lining.
Dairy products: the calcium and vitamin d in milk reduce the stomach acids and gives relief to the stomach but, it should be with low content fat.
Grains: whole wheat chapattis, pasta, noodles made from whole grains should be included in the diet. Refined flour (maida) products should be strictly avoided. Limit the consumption of whole grain chapattis to about 2 chapattis, per day.
Green coconut water: drink green coconut water, as it provides the stomach with the necessary rest, vitamins, and minerals which provide an excellent and easy remedy for gastritis.
Foods to be avoided:
Several foods produce a large amount of acid in your stomach leading to gastritis. You should avoid intake of such foodstuffs in your diet:
- salty and spicy foods.
- vinegar and vinegar based food items.
- aerated drinks, citrus juices, caffeine.
- high fat/cholesterol contained food items.
- beef, fried fish, and pork.
- baked products like cookies, cakes, chocolates.
Medical therapies/ options:
Several allopathic medicines are used for the treatment of gastritis, but their prolonged use can lead to problems like weak bones, constipation, vomiting. Antibiotics are used to kill h. Pylori bacteria, which causes ulcers and gastritis in your digestive tract. Antacids normalize acid production by blocking the action of the parts of cells that produce acids. Ulcer healing agents protect the tissues that line your stomach and small intestine. Besides these, surgery is preferred in complicated cases of gastritis like pus or mucous filled infections in stomach and intestines.
Ayurvedic and herbal therapies:
In Ayurveda, gastritis is known as urdhavaga amalapitta. It is caused in people who have pitta dosha, which means disturbance in the digestion of food leading to indigestion. When the pitta dosha gets increased in such people, there are greater chances of getting gastritis. Ayurvedic preparations like dhaatriloha, sukumaraghrita, sootashekhara rasa, kaamadudha rasa, leela vilas rasa, chandrakala rasa, amalakichoorna, triphalachoornaand amalapittantaka rasa are beneficial in gastritis. If there is constipation along with gastritis, then avipattikarachoorna is taken as the medicine of choice.
Few herbs that are beneficial for gastritis patients are
Cardamom (ilaayachee): soothes the stomach. It is especially beneficial if the gastritis causes heartburn.
Fennel (sauph): is digestive, traditionally used by Indians. Fennel gives the soothing effect to the stomach, facilitates digestion, reduces flatulence and relieves the stomach of excess acidity.
Ginger (adrakh): it is effective in treating indigestion that is associated with gastritis. It is especially useful for people who consume more of a non-vegetarian food.
Amla: Amla is very beneficial in the treatment of several stomach ailments including gastritis.
Sandalwood (chandan): helps in gastritis because it has cooling properties. It can soothe the stomach muscles inflamed by gastritis.
Asparagus: it's roots are effective in reducing the hyperacidity of the digestive system.
Licorice (mulethi) root powder: the root of the licorice soothes the injury of the stomach and also reduces the h pylori.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: What Causes Acidity? Understanding its Symptoms and Causes