Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Jitendra R DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am an engineering student. I would like to know more about blood donation. Will it have any after effects? Loom forward for your valuable opinion.
I am suffering from ashthma last 2 years. Can you should suggest me what I do? For remove my problem. Thank you.
I am a 54 years old male. My body weight is 94.9kgs and 5'3" in height. I am unable to participate in coitus to the complete satisfaction of my life partner for the past 1 1/2 years, due to prolonged erectile dysfunction. My desire is to get rigid erection of my penis so as to enjoy bliss of marital life, to the satisfaction of my partner. Request remedy!
Hi sir sugar patients male can drink bear, if they can drink how many units they can drink in a week.
I feel weakness in nerves of my pennis after 2nd attempt pennis do not get hard enough to penetrate, I dnt take any medicine earlier & I do not smoke n drink suggest me to overcome from this?
I have problem in meatus while doing pee. It's starts with burning until end while my bladder may be empty. And also I had fever whenever burning starts. 2 week before I went to hill station and maybe cause of dehydration. I started feeling burn on my meatus and latter I got fever and then I ate paracetamol to remover fever and it's works for 2 days. Latter when I come back to Delhi I started feeling fever and installable urination with burning in meatus and little pain in bladder . I did not sex since 3 years and yeah of course I do masturbation daily. I also went to normal physician and he gave me this medicine Oratil for bacterial infection but it's only worked for 3 days while I ate 6 tablets. So kindly help me.
I have left abdomen pain, scan report say to consider subacute appendicitis is that need any surgery.
Excellent source of carbohydrates and fiber. The best source of amino acid, vitamin a1 and b5 which is very effective to improve libido and sexual stamina for a long time enjoyment. Dates fuel the body, brain and sexual health. Dates milkshake before having intercourse very much healthy and effective for both men and women. Boil dry dates in milk and you can add pumpkin seeds, almond, pistachio and 1 pinch of saffron. Boil it for 8-10 minutes and add 1-2 tablespoons sugar in it. Drink it daily to before going to bed for 15-20 days will promote your sexual stamina and can solve all sexual health problems.
My wife age 68 years is a patient of gas and constipation for quite some time, taking medicine but there is no improvement, can you suggest some remedy. Vkgupta.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.