Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jasnime DobraYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old female. I am getting pain in the vagina from quite some days n when I drink water I get little relief but then it starts again. Is it cause of the weather or some other reason.
What is the perfect diet for women after normal delivery? Suggest me a healthy food to overcome after problems Normal delivery like blood loss or illnesses?
I am 18 years old and had sex on the 7th day of my period. My partner had cum inside me a bit. It was an accident. I'm on regular birthcontrol pills. Is there any chance of becoming pregnant? Please help.
Involuntary and sudden urine loss in women is termed as urinary incontinence. Some of the contributory factors to urinary incontinence are menopause, pregnancy and childbirth.
There are seven types of urinary incontinence.
- Stress incontinence: If normal physical movements like sneezing, coughing and exercising cause small amounts of urine to leak out, it is called 'stress incontinence'.
- Urge incontinence: If large amounts of urine leak out during unexpected and at odd times, like during sleeping, it is called 'urge incontinence'.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination, along with urge incontinence or not.
- Functional incontinence: If external deterrents or physical disabilities like not being able to find a toilet, leads to sudden leakage of urine, it is called 'functional incontinence'.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage. This is called 'overflow incontinence'.
- Mixed incontinence: Whenever urge and stress incontinence occur together, it is categorized as 'mixed incontinence'.
- Transient incontinence: When urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations like infections or new medications, it is called 'transient incontinence'.
Urinary incontinence is not a disease; it is a symptom. Infections, diabetes, or other medical conditions can cause incontinence. If incontinence is temporary, the causes might be any or all of the following:
- Urinary tract infection
- Over consumption of alcohol
- Too much caffeine intake
- Consuming carbonated drinks
- Decaffeinated coffee and tea
- Use of artificial sweeteners
- Foods which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
- Corn syrup
- Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
- High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
However, if incontinence is persistent, the symptoms might be different:
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, hormonal changes and weight gain in the body can cause incontinence.
- Childbirth: Normal vaginal delivery weakens muscles that control the bladder, thus leading to incontinence.
- Age: The bladder muscles weaken with age which, in turn, affects the bladder urine holding capacity.
- Menopause: The levels of "oestrogen" hormone drop with the onset of menopause. Oestrogen keeps the lining of the urethra and bladder healthy. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues leads to incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The bladder and uterus are supported by the same ligaments and muscles. Surgery deteriorates the pelvic floor muscles, thus removing the uterus can lead to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal urine flow. This causes overflow incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, brain tumours, strokes or spinal injury can cause incontinence.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My 34 years old wife is trying to conceive another child since last few years. We have a SEVEN year old daughter also. Recently she visited a infertility Clinic and was advised several tests out of which one was TBPCR Using endometrium tissue as sample. The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test came out positive and mycobacterium found present. Now The doctor has asked her to start five months of AKT 4 treatment. 1. Can she conceive after the completion of the therapy 2. Is the treatment at the first place necessary as she is unable to cope with the medicine and is having huge side effects like nausea, vomiting, weakness and irritation in both hands and feet.
My friend used unwanted 72 pill and after that she had a unprotected sex that night so is their any problem that she can become pregnant?
My frnd is married since 3 years and she is getting her period one month delayed every time. N still she is not pregnant .she is not having disease like pcod t, thyroid .what could be the reason behind it?
Getting a relaxing massage can do wonders to your overall well-being and health. Whether you want to reduce stress or simply obtain respite from aches and pains, these DIY massage techniques can help you out.
1. Massage your feet with a tennis or rubber ball
To massage your feet after a hard day’s work, all you need is a small rubber ball or a tennis ball. Place the ball of your choosing under your foot and move it backwards and forwards using gentle pressure. Repeat as needed.
2. Reduce muscle stiffness with a neck massage
If you are one of those people who sit in front of a computer all day long, you can try this massage to help loosen up the muscles of your back and neck.
Begin by dropping your shoulders, making sure they are not in a hunched position. The next step is to slowly bring your chin close to your chest and stretch your neck as much as possible. Follow this step with a pressure point application on the point where your shoulders and neck meet by using only two fingertips. Release the position once you feel your muscle is relaxing.
Lastly, in a very slow and gentle manner, roll your shoulders forward and backward. Repeat as many a time as you deem necessary.
3. Opt for a head/scalp massage to rejuvenate yourself
This massage is perfect for your head or scalp and you can do it anytime, anywhere. To give yourself this relaxing massage, you need to use the heels of your palms. Place them near your temples and follow this up by giving a gentle push to the scalp in an upward manner. Hold the pose for a few seconds before releasing. Finally, repeat the motion across the entire scalp or head section.
4. Treat your headache with a face massage
When you feel like you may be coming down with a headache, this massage can help in providing you with instant relief. Using only the tips of your fingers, draw small circles along your cheekbones, hairline, eyebrows and jaws. Follow this up with a gentle rubbing of your earlobes and ears by only using your fingertips.
5. Give the muscles of your back a rest with a back massage
To relieve your lower back from the stiffness that usually arises from sitting too long, this easy to do massage is all you need. According to your preference, you can either place a tennis ball between your back and a straight hard surface (wall) or simply place it on the floor and lie on it. While putting pressure on the ball, move it around your lower back so as to release any kind of muscle stiffness you may be feeling. Do this only for a few minutes and do not overdo it as that could worsen the pain.
Whether it’s your head, knees, feet or shoulders, there’s always an easy and relaxing massage that you can give yourself to de-stress and relax.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
She is suffering from irregular periods. Its coming only one day for a month and she also staying in hostel and she is much worried about that. So please send your advice doctor.
Last month I and my wife had intercourse and within 24 hours she took ipill and she got her 1day period week before her date. Is it ok? Now she is delayed for her next month period. Is anything wrong? If yes than please tell me and what should I do in such case.
Dear sir, two days before I check my pregnancy on perga news test kit. That's shows one dark line we are confused its positive or negative.
Jumping at the sight of a cockroach is normal, but some people won't even step into the room if they see one. Such people are said to suffer from a phobia of cockroaches. A phobia can be defined as the irrational fear of an object or situation, though it may not pose any real danger. A phobia often develops during childhood and gets aggravated as the person gets older.
Hypnotherapy has proven to be an effective form of treatment for phobias and fear. Hypnosis identifies the root cause or event that is the underlying cause of the phobia. A Hypnotherapist then attempts to change the person's reaction to the phobia trigger.
Some common phobias Hypnotherapists deal with are:
- Fear of heights
- Fear of insects and small animals
- Fear of flying
- Fear of technology
To do this a Hypnotherapist must ensure that the mind of the person is in a calm and relax state. This is because the root cause of a phobia is often a repressed memory. Thus, it can be accessed only when a person is in a state of heightened relaxation or trance. In this state, the mind is very receptive to suggestions. Once the memory has been addressed, it can be brought back to the conscious awareness. Addressing this conscious memory allows the therapist to make the patient feel less threatened by this trigger. The patient can then begin to form new thoughts and responses to the object or situation. This process is also known as Hypnotic regression.
A person normally needs 3-4 sessions of Hypnotherapy to be rid of a phobia. However, the number of sessions required varies from person to person and it may take additional sessions to cure a chronic phobia.
No. of sessions required depends on a number of factors such as:
- How long the person has had the said phobia
- His personality
- How severely his life is affected by the phobia
- How determined he is to free himself of the phobia
When you decide to work with a Hypnotherapist to get rid of your phobias, it is essential that you make the right choice in terms of the Hypnotherapist. You should ensure that you are being treated by a licensed professional Hypnotherapist. Also, make sure that you can trust the person and are comfortable in his or her presence. Take your time finding someone who you can open yourself up to and get started on conquering your fears.