Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hitendra M PatelYour feedback matters!
I have shin pain. It is from 1 month it pains a lot I am Unable to recover from it buy using icing and cold and hot water. Please suggest me any solution. Thank you.
I have a problem with my back. It hurts a lot when im to so some physical work. please tell me something.
I have pain in my right hand elbow and its paining since 3 months. What is the reason for this pain?
Sometimes when I wake up from my deep sleep I have severe lower back pain. However pain goes away after a while. I only have pain when I wake up from the deep sleep, not otherwise. I have this condition since last 2 years.
Recently, I have been getting mild pinching pain in my fingers, sometimes in legs and hand which come and go! I take a multivitamin daily for gym purpose! Lately I have observed my feet or hand at times get warm even at the month of november? The Internet further made me nervous, stating it was something called peripheral neuropathy and can never get fully cured? Any suggestions doctors.
I am 29 years old , I have back pain from 3 months , I work in a IT industry , please suggest me any thing good.
I have back pain and pain in legs, especially at early morning, which spoils my sleep. Please advise.
I am 30 years old male sometimes feel pain in my back and some time in stomach and headache also. Kindly advise.
Hello sir or mam, I am 22 years old male. Some times in left side stomach getting a light pain what it is? and I have a l5-s1 disc extrusion problem so dats for its coming pain in left side area stomach or any other problem. I used tablets for 2 months for back pain so i am thinking it is side effect or any?
I have gout in my knee since 4 years. But nowadays the pain has been increased and even sometimes I am unable to stand. Please tell me some suitable diet for this.
Doctor I have feeling pain in my both foot in last 2 years in each day. When I am take pain killer then I get relief for some days but after some day same problem happen again. What should I do?
There is been content hip joints pain in both leg knee some time it make to stand very uncomfortable for few minutes, I am now 74 years, having diabetes for the last 20 years, and during nights, I am not able to sleep very comfortably I am under insulin, and take medicines, regularly, what type of medicine I should use for this discomforts, kindly suggest I am from secunderabad presently telangana state.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.