Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hitendra M Patel
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Hitendra M PatelYour feedback matters!
I keep getting strange pains in my leg. I think they're muscle strains but I feel that's unlikely since I have suddenly gone from a very active (walking over 2 miles a day) to a sedentary lifestyle (walking around my house). The first pain was behind my left knee towards the right side of my leg. It had a slight burning sensation when I touched it but wasn't red, hot or swollen. Earlier I was experiencing identical pains behind each knee in the top of my calf. All of these pains are mild, but annoying. They come and go and don't seem to get any worse, but occasionally get better.
I am 69 years old. I have low back pain when sitting and working. When I relax sitting in a chair the pain gets reduced and I get lot of relief. If I consume medicine the pain aggravates. It occurs only while working as I develop tension. Will you suggest to me the remedy for this.
I am a 21 year boy. I have a problem in my leg and my back is big. In my leg I can not stand properly some times what to do? Please give me a proper solution for this prole I can not walk sometimes I am so irritated with this. Please?
I am suffering from lower back pain as well as poor erection for the past 1 year due to masturbation. Kindly provide me a solution to overcome from this problem.
When i am wake up in this time my legs and arms have numbness and also in stomach in side part also what is the problem please suggest me.
I have swelling at my middle finger of left hand and its not recovering from last 3 months what should I do? This swelling at start point of middle finger.
I have 35 years old in my back too much pain last 3 month I am work as farmer I tired many drugs but no solution.
I, am 38 male i, ve pain at dorsal and i, ve cystitis I long ago suffer by typhoid what should I do?
I am 17 year old male. I had a back ache problem since March 2017 and now it's very less. Also I will be going out of Mumbai for higher studies in July 2018. My body is not so fit. Will I be able to get fitness and strength in few months and how. Please I have calcium deficiency and epilepsy 2 times in past.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.