Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Himanshu N SoniYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have 3 years old son. He speak word which is spoken by us. He speak kaka mama tata. Etc. I know that which is the last time when a baby speak very well. Till which time I wait to speak.
Hi doc, my baby is 4 months old, can I give semi solid foods for her. I am worried that milk is not filling her up. As soon as she passes her loo she needs to be fed. Kindly help.
What is the diet plan or chart of my 1Y 4M son, which is very thin, less weighed and less height in comparison of others.
5 months old baby, she has been have loose motions from 7 days. She has started putting everything in her mouth and these motions are happening like 6-7 times a day. Before we moved to her village we had consultant a pediatrician here in Bangalore who game some medicine in case of motions .we have waited for some time like 2 days and started the medicine, but still not subsided . Medicine are Econorm and walamycin . Please suggest what to do.
My 4 years old son have standing problem. I tried to provide home based good food but he is not improving. please suggest me proper or balance food for my 4 years old kid.
There is problem regarding food, he don't like any time of spicy food, even if it little spicy because of this I was worried. So give solution of this.
My son is 7.5yrs. He shatters his teeth a lot at. I guess the term is called bruxism. Is there any remedy. And what are the drawbacks.
Hello Doctors, Good Morning. This is regarding my sons health condition. He has 10 months old baby. When I am try to feed cerelac he has constipated. I have used medicine SORBILINE and GUTCLEAR prescribed by near by doctor. But If I use that then only my son is not constipated. I have stopped both medicine and cerelac I gave him only milk then there is no problem. Help me understand and do the needful. Guide me for foods and as well as my problem resolution. Even motherfeed also giving.
My son is 1 and half year I can give him ultra d3 syrup if yes tell me how many doses should be given?
Does your kid spend long hours playing video games? If so, then keep a tab on the type of games he plays. Internet is inundated with new age violent games. These are best avoided. A new study has warned against children playing violent video games. It increases your kid?s susceptibility to depression.
The study showed marked increase in symptoms of depression in as small as fifth graders kids. They played violent games on computer for more than two hours. Those kids who played less violent games fared much better than the former.
Keep your watch on your champs to keep them safe.
My baby girl is of 16 days old. Her weight is 2. 3 kg. And same is during her birth time. How can improve her body weight?
My baby is presently 3 & half years old and I believe she got some psychological shortfall in her attitude as she behaves very unusual frequently wherever she belongs, irrespective at home or school or elsewhere. We, parents are deeply concerned about her ongoing. Nothing got productive even to see a specialist doctor. She always used to say" nothing feel well (kuch achha nehi lag raha hai)" despite presenting various mind game. Such a small kid & with such a manner looks very unimpressive and uncomfortable indeed! Feeding to her is the most awkward and troublesome job to us. The most crazy thing is that she used to cry and shout (bizarre) almost throughout the day which makes us anxiety and thus may lead to break her health. Nothing around us can make her anger/obstinacy/ irritation/impatience in control. FYI, nobody of our predecessors was hailed such kind of characteristics nor presently we belong. Our baby is everything to us, so please advise how to coup up with this situation and how to keep well my baby in the days coming. Is it curable or else need to treat other way? Thanking you with regards,
My 50 days boy has getting pain while passing the urine. Maily morning timing morning 10 am to 11 am and 6pm to 9pm. Once releses the urine he can sleep and play well. PlEASE advise me what can I do for him. Thanks
However, in today’s demanding academic structure, it is not easy for a child to maintain a good confidence level, from competing nursery admission to weekly school tests, today’s child goes through numerous examinations, almost every day in his/her life and he/she is being judged both at home and outside. According to child psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo, oral communication alone by parents is not enough to build confidence in kids, she shares some important parenting tips that will help parents in this area:
1. Allow your child to make decisions:
When your child gets the chance to make choices from a young age, he/she will build confidence in their own judgement. Just consider the age of your child and set their decision-making parameters accordingly. Like, you may ask your 4 years old son or daughter what he /she would like to have in breakfast, an omelette or fruits or chapattis, instead of asking a broad question like “what you will have in your breakfast”, which they will likely to give you an answer either from their imagination or from their list of yummy foods (generally cake, chocolates or junk food).
2. Avoid always rescuing your child
For parents, the desire to prevent their child from getting hurt, feeling discouraged, feeling upset or making mistakes is natural, but when parents intervene, say if the parents go to their child’s school and pressure the cultural teacher to take their child in dance team (which he/she was not selected) then parents are doing something which is not right.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.