Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Rajkot and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hetal Patolia
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hetal PatoliaYour feedback matters!
1. Early scan at 6 weeks for confirmation of pregnancy with routine blood tests. (hb, blood group, hiv, hbsag, hcv, vdrl, urine routine examination).
Medicines- folic acid 5mg once a day and doxinate tablet three times a day for vomiting
2. At 11 to 13.6 weeks- dual marker test with nt nb scan.
If you have crossed 12 weeks and no vomiting constipation then start iron calcium and protein supplementation.
Diet consultation should be done.
3. At 16 weeks get your first tetanus toxoid injection as per who. Some may prefer taking later.
4. At 18weeks- anomaly scan to be done. And prenatal classes can be started.
5. At 20 weeks- 2nd tetanus toxoid injection.
6. At 22 weeks- fetal 2d echo, if you are suffering from diabetes, heart problem, hypertension, previous baby having anomalies etc.
7. At 24 weeks- fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels or dipsi test. (dipsi test can be done at first visit also)
8. At 28 weeks- routine ultrasound with colour doppler. Repeat blood investigations. Get yourself booked with hospital. Take fluvac if not taken previously.
9. At 32 weeks- visit your doctor for routine check up and discuss regarding hospital and delivery.
10. At 36 weeks repeat scan for growth, lie, presentation, and fetal wellbeing.
11. At 37 weeks- pelvic adequacy to check whether you can go for normal delivery. It helps obstetrician and patient in ruling out whether fetal head can pass through pelvis or not. And decision making regarding trial of labour. This is s poo specific for primi patients.
12.36 weeks onwards weekly nst should be done to check fetal heart monitoring.
This is standard protocol what we follow in practice. Others may vary or defer with it. Depending on different practice scenario and academic patterns.
All the best!
Appendicitis is a chronic or acute medical condition where the appendix gets inflamed and causes severe pain. If left untreated, the condition can prove to be fatal. The appendix is a small tube shaped sac at the end of the large intestine. In humans, it is typically not known to have any functional value although some studies suggest that it helps digestion by creating a conducive environment for friendly bacteria. Surgical removal of the appendix is suggested as the most common treatment for the ailment.
One of the key causes of appendicitis is believed to be the partial or complete obstruction at the mouth of the appendix. The common causes of obstruction include accumulation of fecal matter, worms, enlarged lymphoid follicles, trauma or tumors. It is also possible that an infection in the stomach could have extended into the appendix.
Appendix is commonly detected because of its progressive worsening pain in the stomach which narrows down to the lower right side of the abdomen called McBurney point. Half of the patients though do not have this typical symptom and instead come in with a complaint of gastroenteritis, urinary tract infection or even a kidney stone. Further blood tests, urine tests and MRIs or ultrasounds are used to pinpoint the area causing the pain.
In most cases of advance appendix, a surgical intervention is necessary. The type of surgery will vary on a case to case basis.
Homeopathy can be tried in early stages and is especially useful to treat chronic and recurrent cases. It works with the principle of 'like cures like' which means that the elements that cause the problem are a key to its solution too. It employs a holistic healing methodology getting rid of the signs and symptoms and restoring complete health. While other treatments focus on curing the 'problem', homeopathy also deals with the basic reason of the problem and the individual's susceptibility to it. Here are some of the remedies:
1. Arsenicum album: This is used when the appendicitis has resulted in sepsis and the patient also suffers from diarrhea.
2. Belladonna: This is an early stage remedy for cases where appendicitis is accompanied by headache, fever
3. Bryonia alba: This is an effective remedy when the pain aggravates with movement.
4. Colocynthis: This is a recommended remedy when the patient experiences spasmodic or entwining pain which worsens with indigestion. Applying warm pressure over the area helps in such cases
5. Rhus Tox: This remedy is also called the 'homeopathic knife' to treat appendicitis. It is used when the pain is constant and the patient is never free from pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is feeling like vomits, uneasiness. She is also going through periods. We too have unprotected physical activity, is their any chance of getting pregnant.
- Cognitive problems
- Loss of sight and mobility
- Double vision
- Blindness in one eye
- Muscle weakness
- Trouble with sensation
- Trouble with coordination
How Can Physiotherapy Help You?
Physiotherapy can help in cases of multiple sclerosis by providing:
- Physical independence
- Increased chances of staying in employment
- Improved general health and quality of life
Ways of Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis
1. Improve posture
- By putting the right muscle in the right place and at the right time to help it work efficiently.
- This is required for balancing, walking, and improving arm and hand function.
2. Improve Balance
- Multiple sclerosis can alter the way in which a person moves, making him/her feel as if he/she is more likely to fall.
- Neurological physiotherapy helps rebuild poor balance.
3. Improve Walking
- Walking is affected because of general or specific muscle weakness.
- The general weakness can be addressed by exercises.
- In specific weakness, the treatment is likely to be more specialized with rehabilitation technology.
- The most common treatment method for a drop foot or a floppy foot is with functional electrical stimulation (FES).
4. Improve Spasticity
- Muscle spasms, pain, or stiffness in the muscles are experienced by these patients.
- The physiotherapist can help reduce the problems associated with this type of altered muscle function and leg weakness.
- The therapy involves stretches to help you maintain mobility and prevent muscle spasms. It also includes training on how to use mobility aids like a cane, walker, or a wheelchair.
- For rehabilitation exercises, splints or orthoses are used.
5. Improve Fatigue
- Fatigue is a symptom of multiple sclerosis; however, people also get fatigued because of the extra effort they have to invest in all their activities.
- Neurological physiotherapy will work with you to help you manage the fatigue so you can save your energy for the good stuff.
During a relapse
- A relapse — also called a flare or exacerbation — is a period of time when symptoms of multiple sclerosis are more frequent or severe.
- During this period, you may have greater difficulty with everyday tasks that include working, cooking, walking, or bathing.
Progressive multiple sclerosis
- If you have primary progressive multiple sclerosis, you don’t experience relapses. Instead, your disease is on a gradual, constant decline.
- For advanced multiple sclerosis
- People with advanced multiple sclerosis have severe multiple sclerosis symptoms.
- People with advanced multiple sclerosis are non-ambulatory.
- It means they cannot walk or get around without help from another person or a motorized device. Also, people at this stage have an increased risk of developing other health conditions such as osteoporosis or epilepsy.
Hi, I have Black bump/ pimples in labia I delivered through a C sec 15 days ago and have had this boil in my labia persisting for about 2 months now. There are a few more which have appeared in the labia. There is no pain with any of them just black bumps. I had hpv about 9 years ago and worried it might be a recurrence.
Makhana, also well known as 'fox nut' or 'lotus seed', has proven to be a powerhouse of healthy nutrients like vitamins, minerals and fibers; they are loaded with medical properties, are absolutely healthy for diabetic patients and those who have a history of high blood pressure.
Makhanas are the new popcorn! As they are crunchy, tasty, easy to prepare, economical and healthy.
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is high time that we think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill-effects of processed food all around us. So, ditch the unhealthy snack & the dangerous processed food and snack on makhanas as they are free of trans fat and are light on your tummy.
Below are 12 health benefits of makhana you should know:
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. Therefore are the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced.
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content make them very useful for people with high blood pressure.
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health.
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals.
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments.
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods.
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation.
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body.
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed.
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in a pregnant woman.
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia.
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction.
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste.
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go.
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste.
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts.
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical and has no hazards on your health, go ahead and grab a bowl of fox nuts!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a hormonal system disorder occurring in women of reproductive age. It is also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome. PCOD refers a unique set of symptoms, which occur when there is a hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. The symptoms include late or no periods, pain in the pelvic region, heavy bleeding during periods, weight gain, growth of facial hair, acne and difficulty in conception or getting pregnant.
Cysts develop in the ovaries, which cause hormonal imbalances like the levels of androgen get raised more than the normal limits. Although androgens are the hormones for male, they are present in minor quantities in normal females. With the increase of androgen levels, it creates a disturbance in normal ovulation cycle leading to disturbance in menses.
All PCOD patients are advised to lose weight and do regular exercise. The common symptoms includes irregular menses, growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, abdomen, chest, legs and fingers. An ultrasound examination can confirm the ovarian cysts. PCOD can lead to complications like type 2 diabetes, raised cholesterol levels, infertility, depression, cancer of uterus.
Losing weight helps to reduce high insulin level in the blood. In case of obesity, weight loss will reduce insulin resistance, stimulate ovulation and will improve fertility rate.
The conventional system of medicine has no cure for PCOD. Homeopathy however, offers the best alternative as it concentrates on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy believes that the human body is designed by nature to keep itself disease free and when its own internal vitality is unbalanced, the body becomes prone to disease. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the human body is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
1. Apis Mellifica is best homeopathic medicine for the treatment of PCOD with stinging pains in the ovarian region coupled with tenderness over abdomen and uterine region.
2. Pulsatilla works great for patients of PCOD who suffer from scanty and late menses. It is suited for young girls in whom the PCOD starts at puberty.
3. If a person suffering from PCOD with bearing down pains from the back and abdomen, then Sepia works like magic. The menses are irregular with too late and scanty or early and profuse. The patient is irritable and indifferent.
4. Lachesis is for patients with aversion to tight clothes. The menses are short and flow is feeble accompanied with pains in the abdomen which get relieved after the flow starts.
5. Graphite work great for patients of PCOD suffering from constipation. The patient has intolerance to cold and often feels tearing pain in the stomach coupled with hardness in the ovarian region. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Do you know about the various types of Ayurvedic herbs and the wide range of healthy properties they possess? Every herb used as a part of Ayurveda consists of several health benefits, which include healthier skin, weight loss, and overall vitality. Here are five power herbs, which are beneficial for women for maintaining good overall health:
- Guduchi ( giloy) : Guduchi, also known as Giloy, is an important power herb for women. It is rich in antioxidants and also possesses anti aging properties. Make a powder from the stem of this herb and consume it by mixing it with honey and water. It is ideal for women with diabetes, and also helps in the treatment of fevers, urinary tract disorders, several infections, water borne diseases, and digestive disorders. This herb extract is an ideal liver tonic and improves vision, stress, and cold. Your body’s platelet count also increases on taking this herb. Conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome are also treated.
- Wheat grass: This herb contains vitamin A, C, E, K, and B complex in high amounts, and is effective for improving your immunity. The herb is used ideally for helping cases of iron deficiency in women and preventing the occurrence of anemia. It contains large quantities of chlorophyll and helps in improving your body’s hemoglobin count. Wheat grass also contains proteins and amino acids in abundance. You can consume wheat grass in juice form and powdered form.
- Drumstick leaves: Also known as muringa, this is an effective herb, which is rich in beta carotene and vitamin C. It contains anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory properties and is considered to be a capable energy booster. You can add this herb to regular food and tea. It helps in improving your hemoglobin levels, improves the production of milk in lactating women and is also good for your bones.
- Lodhra: This powerful Ayurvedic herb is ideal for women in several ways. It is an effective coagulant and stops bleeding in wounds and gums. It is beneficial for treating uterus inflammation in women and supports women during excessive menstrual discharge during pregnancy. The herb also helps in maintaining uterus strength and physical strength, and prevents miscarriage.
- Shatavari: This powerful herb is quite beneficial for women who are of reproductive age. It is an effective herb, which helps in strengthening the entire female reproductive system. It helps a woman to move into menopause with peace and less distress. Hormonal balance is also kept in check by the properties of Shatavari. It is effective for boosting energy levels and body immunity.
These essential Ayurvedic power herbs should be taken by a woman regularly for keeping healthy and mentally sound. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.