Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Hetal N KapasiYour feedback matters!
I have pain on my right neck and shoulder I am unable to study for long hairs I go to gym regularly and lost 35 kg so Dr. told m its cx of deficiency of vit and calcium I have started taking it beside this should I take anythng else to cure f pain.
Sir, I am 43 years old I am suffering from back pain from left side only. What is the reason & what I do?
I am 65 years old and often have pain at lower back and legs and it goes when a pain killer is taken. My weight is 97 kgs.
My mother is 65 years had a right hand wrist fracture of radius bone on 26 Dec 15. Her cast was removed on 27 Jan 16. The x ray shows proper reduction of the bone fracture but her hand is swollen and has pain. After removal of cast she has been taking wax heat and doing some basic hand movement exercises. Although the swelling has reduced since 27 Jan, but its not gone fully. What is the reason and remedy?
I have injured by stairs for slip of stairs I have appointed a doctor he gave me some rule that I do not take any weight and do not ride cycle and byke but after one week I have same problem I feel pain what should I do for that.
She is suffering from chronic body pains. She have sever pain in her all joints. She is unable to move because of extreme pain in foot, legs, back. Once she had minor fracture in taibone. Please help As she is in chronic situation. Tried 100s of doctors but all in vain.
Sir my father have pain in knees doctor says that this is due to increase of lactic acid in body then what should we do what we prefer to eat.
Good Afternoon Sir, I am 58 years old working women having following problems 1) Right side foot pain, where it is curve. 2) Left side behind knee, I feel like swelling. I cannot fully bend the knee. If I walk more then it exerts (more stiffness). 3) Lower back upto thighs stiffness. 4) Right shoulder pain. (I can move arm in any angle but while changing cloths or sleeping on right side it pains more. No other problem. Please advise me what to do and what are reasons behind then pains. Thank u.
I am 21 years old and I hav a pain in my knees I used all kinds of creams and ointments but nothing helped so what should I do now ?
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden but develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.