Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Ahmedabad . View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harsh Patel
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh PatelYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 69 year old man and having trouble in the leg finger. I meet neurologist, he made test and consistent demylinating +axonal motor sensory polyneuropathy in both lower limbs tested. He scribe some 4 different tablites. May I have any other medicine? how can I over come for this? is is to remain? or increase? Thanks and regards
I have a migraine problem. I am having a headache frequently about 2 times in a week. What is the solution for this?
Hello sir/mam , meri mother apni neend ko lekar thodi pareshan hai unki age 49 hai unhe raat me neend nahi aati and yahi baat din me bhi hai wo total 24 hr me sirf 4-5 hours hi so pati hai.
Me and a friend of mine were messing around almost on the 19th or 20th of this month. And we were naked. And my penis was leaking with the pre- ejaculate liquid. But I did not rub my penis on her vagina. It just touched her vagina slightly once or twice. And after having that, she went and washed her vagina. But now from past two or three days she is feeling vomitish, gassy, and a slight migraine also I am afraid she might be pregnant What do you think it could be doctor And she got off her period on the 18th. And she is a virgin also. And clearly again. We did this the next after her period got over. That is. Her period got over on 18th of may and we did it on 19th or 20th of may. Please help.
I am 42 years old, had asd closure in 2010, presently suffering from backache, neck pain, migraine, joint pain, numbness. What should i do?
My sister is suffering from Hashimoto encephalitis. Currently the seizures are under control with the use of prednisone steroid tablet. Could you please advise if any alternative for prednisone is available in homeopathy?
I have been suffering from insomnia from past 2 months. I am on medication as well but unfortunately it's not working. Pls help me out.
Hi Dr. I am suffering from brain tiredness. I easily get tired after that even I can't talk properly. Different words I say. Pls suggest supplement so I get energetic.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.