Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hardik PitrodaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Never thought I will suffer from something hair fall like this. My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Hardik Pitroda has completely changed my opinion as he is very helpful and humble. Whatever tests the Hardik Pitroda prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. One of my cousin's referred to Dr Hardik Pitroda. The interior of the Renova Skin & Hair Clinic was no nicely done, it was so clean. Thanks to him for the hair growth treatment, I am completely satisfied with the results.
Thanks to Dr Hardik Pitroda perfect advice. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Renova Skin & Hair Clinic. I read about the Hardik Pitroda on one of the social media platform. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. On the very first day he identified my problem. And provided me the necessary hairloss traetment.
Truly speaking dr Hardik Pitroda is one of the most knowledgeable and at the same time very patient enough doctor. It is a common observation that skin treatments need long period to heal and show favorable results and his treatment that he gave me of Acell Matrix Hair Transplantation at his clinic Renova Skin & Hair Clinic in ahmedabad was amazing. Hisguidance has helped me immensly and has helped gain confindence. Thanks to him!
I was diagnosed with hair fall. I consulted Dr Hardik Pitroda ,Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. D Hardik Pitroda doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. As someorne I knew, consulted this Hardik Pitroda and they referred us. I am benefitted with the hairfall treatment.
My skin health was degrading day by day due to which I was quite worried. I consulted Dr Hardik. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. I am quite benefitted with his treatment. He is very professional and is a really patient listener. The complete process of skin health treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him.
One of my cousin's referred to drHardik Pitoda. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. he has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. Hygiene is very important, and I must say that Renova Skin & Hair Clinic in ahmedabad was extremely clean. I am really grateful as herdandruff treatment has give me a ray of hope.
I have had this hair loss from quite some time. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair loss. i consulted Dr Hardik Pitroda. Thanks to him I am much better now. The Renova Skin & Hair Clinic have proper facilities for all patients . I am glad that I chose to visit him for my hairloss treatment.
He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. Dr Hardik Pitroda certainly knows the in and out of his speciality. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Renova Clinic. The complete process of pimples treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him.
He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. I found the Renova Clinic itself quite pleasant. Overall pimples treatment was very effective. My boss referred me Dr Hardik Pitroda. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
My daughter had head lice from quite some time. She and I was worried as her friends used to tease her for this problem and she was facing number of such issues daily. I took her to Dr Hardik. He suggested a simple and quick treatment which gave a great result. I am happy that I consulted him.
Debleena Basu Dhar
Puberty brings hormonal changes which affect the body in a number of ways and the skin is one of the main affected organs. While acne is the more common issue, there are also other lesser known skin lesions, which can bother teenagers. The less common trichoepithelioma is one such disease.
In this health condition, multiple hair follicle tumors are seen on the face after attainment of puberty. These are benign, but not very common. They form small hair shafts, but do not develop into full fledged hair follicles. While the exact cause of these lesions is not identified, they are related to a syndrome called Brooke-Spielger Syndrome. There is also a genetic component where the CYLD gene is affected, and the proteins required for self-protection of the skin are missing. There is also a theory which states this condition to be an autosomal dominant condition. In such a scenario, multiple lesions are seen, and it is also the most common variant of the disease.
The lesions are small, less than 1 cm, isolated, firm, round, and shiny. Their color can vary from brown, to blue, yellow, or pink. The face is first affected, starting from the cheeks, and then slowly moving to the eyelids, and the nose. Multiple lesions are easier to diagnose, while individual lesions can be confused with basal cell carcinoma. The lesions grow very slowly and when multiple lesions are present, they can cause aesthetic concerns. There could be ulceration and recurrence in these patients. The genetically correlated ones have a higher incidence of aggressive behavior both in terms of severity of the lesions and the rate of recurrence.
Treatment: Though they are benign, aesthetic concerns may mandate treatment. The treatment is usually multipronged and includes the following genetic counseling, drug therapy (mostly topical creams and lotions), and minor invasive procedures.
- The best solution is to let them run their natural course, as they usually subside with age, both in terms of numbers and the severity of the lesions.
- Dermabrasion or carbon dioxide laser is useful in improving facial appearance too.
- In more severe cases, surgical removal may be done, which is partial and does not cover the entire depth of the lesion.
- However, in some cases, if there is a concern for malignancy, the lesions are completely excised (excision biopsy) and then sent for biopsy to confirm their benign nature.
Trichoepithelioma is also known by the name hereditary multiple benign cystic epithelioma, which explains the nature of the disease quite well. Other than cosmetic concerns, more so because if affects females, these are harmless in nature. But a detailed discussion with your dermatologist is suggested to confirm the state of the condition.
I am 33 and have many gray hair, I have gone for permanent hair color from loreal for the 1st time in january 2017, but now when my hair is growing, it is growing white from the roots and have to go for touch up every one and half month. Can you please help me with the possible cause and prevention?
Erythrasma is caused by a virus called bacterium Corynebacterium minutissimum. This type of infection is mostly found in the moist folds of the body such as the groin, knees, and armpits. They are visible in the form of reddish patches and are itchy in nature. Although Erythrasma doesn’t lead to anything serious, they have a tendency to spread, if not treated in early stages.
Causes of Erythrasma
Erythrasma often occurs to people who live in shabby conditions and do not maintain good hygiene. People living in the tropical region have a tendency to get this infection too. Some medical conditions that lead to this disease are diabetes, obesity, etc. Even low immunity and hyperhidrosis is known to cause this sort of infection.
Common symptoms of Erythrasma
Erythrasma shows unmistakable symptoms. It looks like a patch of pink to red skin with a well-defined border. With passing time, the coloration turns from reddish to brownish in color. The skin outside the patch or border is normal. This being said, if proper medication is not taken on time, this might spread and affect the healthy skin. Some other symptoms include:
- Mild to heavy itching in the affected area.
- Scaly patches in the affected area.
- The patches often look like typical ringworm infections
- A burning sensation in the affected area (especially, if the affected area is groin)
Diagnosis of Erythrasma
While this infection is one of the easiest to identify by any dermatologist, a doctor might prescribe the scraping culture test to be absolutely sure of the diagnosis. A wood’s lamp test can also be performed in order to diagnose the infection. This is a test in which a doctor passes the UV rays of the lamp on the infected area only to find a coral red coloration.
Treatment for Erythrasma
Doctors mostly suggest the intake of antibiotics such as erythromycin to kill the bacterial infection. Ointments containing imidazole and fusidic acid are also prescribed for controlling the infection. Drugs of antibacterial origin such as Clarithromycin and Erythromycin are prescribed depending on the severity of the infection and patient’s general health. A patient with a surgical wound and low immunity might develop some minor complications. It is strongly suggested to refrain from over the counter medicines for patients with this medical complication.
How to prevent Erythrasma?
Some common tips to stay away from bacterial infections such as these include the following:
- To ensure the folds of your skin is moist free
- Wearing cotton clothes in summer and avoiding tight fitting clothes
- Keeping basic hygiene intact such as wearing clean clothes, taking bath twice a day etc
- Sticking to a healthy diet and following a workout plan
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Follow these basic tips to prevent yourself from fungal infections:
1. Wash and iron your clothes regularly, especially the undergarments. Ironing your clothes kills the left out fungus too. Thus the risk of reinfection is completely eliminated.
2. Avoid wearing tight clothes. Sweat and dampness create ideal environment for the growth of fungus.
3 never share clothes with anyone as fungus can pass from one person to other.
4. Avoid wearing clothes dried under the fan or washing machine. Drying clothes in sunlight for atleast 2 hours is recommended.
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when the openings of oil glands become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Acne usually appears on the face, neck, chest, back and shoulders. The pimples and bumps heal slowly, and when one begins to disappear, others seem to crop up. Depending on its severity, acne can cause emotional distress and can also scar the skin. But what causes the recurrence of breakouts?
These are attributed to certain hidden causes, which are:
1. Your drug prescriptions
Steroids found in prescription drugs are a key offender, whether taken internally or topically. If taken internally, the offending ingredient will be listed as prednisone, which is the tablet form of steroid. Prednisone is used to treat inflammatory diseases like poison ivy, allergies and arthritis. If medications are taken topically, it could aggravate acne or cause steroid acne. Oral contraceptives are also a common cause of acne.
2. Your beauty routine
Acne caused by topical lotions, creams and makeup are known as acne cosmetica, commonly appearing on face, neck, hairline and scalp. Applying a product regularly to an acne-prone area can do more harm than good. Some people go to bed with ointments or oils in their hair that can get on the pillowcase and then rub on your face. It's best to put a clean towel over your pillowcase every night to prevent buildup.
3. Your cell phone
Cell phones gather all kinds of dirt and bacteria and are a big cause of acne on the chin and around the mouth. Wiping down the screen of your smartphones every day with alcohol or cleaning wipes will keep your phone and your face clean.
4. Using toothpaste to treat a zit
Certain toothpaste can actually cause you to develop acne or an acne-like eruption on the lower parts of your face, including your chin. Fluoride and other whitening and anti-cavity ingredients are quite abrasive and could potentially burn your skin, cause irritation and initiate breakouts.
5. Your workout gear
It's not the act of exercising that is causing breakouts but other issues. If you are using a communal yoga mat, you may be on the side that someone else's feet or perspiration had touched before, with the physical contact causing breakouts. It's best to put a clean towel over it before working out, even if it is your personal mat.
Also, workout gear that constantly rubs in a certain area can cause frictional acne. Constant rubbing ends up making you sweat, causing skin irritation and eventually developing into tiny red bumps. Though it looks like a heat rash, it is actually acne.
Skin cancer most often develops on skin that has faced sun exposure. At the same time, it can also affect skin areas that haven't been exposed to sun's rays. Do you know, skin cancer can be prevented by consuming some foods? Yes, and there are some out there:
1. Fatty fish - Including fatty fish in your diet can shield you against melanoma as they contain the beneficial nutrient Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, these kinds of fatty acids are considered to be best for consumption as unlike saturated fats, they don't increase your risk for certain types of cancer. A study in the International Journal of Epidemiology reveals that individuals who consume a diet containing fish that is high in these healthy fats have low rates of this form of cancer.
2. Vegetables - This is another food option that is known to possess strong skin cancer-fighting properties. Dark leafy veggies like spinach, kale and broccoli can aid fighting against melanoma. A pigment found in tomatoes called lycopene has properties that guard you against cardiovascular diseases as well as cancers of all kinds. Similarly, the pigment carotenoids found in vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, etc are known to protect against sunburn.
3. Herbs - Including herbs in your diet can help in replenishing the minerals and vitamins that get depleted due to the action of the sun. According to experts, about 80% of your body's vitamin levels see a reduction when you stay under the sun for 30-45 minutes. Basil, parsley, and rosemary are a few of the herbs that possess cancer-fighting qualities.
4. Flaxseeds - The unique qualities of flaxseed make it the best option against skin cancer. It contains both antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, making it an all-around solution to fighting skin cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Dandruff is not a major health concern but it can affect your self-confidence and self-image. This condition is most often the result of a dry scalp or type of dermatitis. It could also be caused by a yeast infection or eczema. Common forms of treatment for dandruff include medicated shampoos that fight the fungus or slow down the ageing of skin cells on the scalp. Some ways of treating excessive dandruff are:
Neem- Neem is renowned for its anti-fungal properties that help in the treatment of dandruff. It is also well known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Neem can be used on its own by applying a paste of boiled neem leaves on your scalp or used as a hair mask made of dried and crushed neem leaves and olive oil. Your scalp may itch a little on the application of this paste but this is temporary.
Coconut and Honey Scrub- Coconut helps preserve proteins in the hair and lessens dandruff. Honey is also used to treat dandruff as it has well known anti-microbial properties. To benefit from this, apply and massage a mixture of 2 teaspoons of honey or coconut oil and 3 teaspoons of yogurt to your scalp for about 10 minutes before washing your hair. Wait for about half an hour before rinsing it out. Dry with a towel and massage a few drops of coconut oil into the scalp. However, do not rinse your hair more than twice with shampoo while washing off the paste as it can strip your hair of its moisture.
Banana and Apple Cider Vinegar- Bananas are a good source of vitamin B that helps improve circulation and keeps skin healthy. Apple cider is also a known fungicide that helps treat dandruff. If you suffer from acute dandruff, massage a paste of 1 whole banana and 2 cups of apple cider vinegar into your scalp and leave for 20 minutes on a daily basis for a week. Once dandruff reduces, you can apply the paste once a week.
Yogurt- Yogurt is rich in healthy bacteria that helps reduce yeast in the body and prevents the scaling of dead skin cells. To use yogurt as a form of treatment for dandruff, apply a cup of fresh yogurt to the scalp and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off. You could also add two spoons of freshly ground pepper to the yogurt as pepper also has antifungal properties. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Cam anyone suggest me remedy for hair loss Which vitamin deficiency leads to hairfall Which shampoo is best to get regrow.
Exposure to sun's rays allows the skin to absorb produce vitamin D in the body, however, overexposure to the same can wreak havoc on your skin. So the next time you are going out, consider the effects of sun overexposure on the skin and take precautions accordingly.
Over exposure to the sun's rays can fasten the ageing process in the body. It does this by damaging the fiber in the skin that makes the skin elastic, resulting in sagging skin. It also slows down the healing process of the skin, thus cuts and bruises take longer time to heal.
Following are the various ways in which the sun can cause real damage to your skin:
- It may lead to benign tumors on the skin
- It may decrease the immunity levels of the skin, thus increasing the risk of various diseases such as basal skin carcinoma (cancer of the cells lining the epidermal layer of the skin) and melanoma.
- It may cause wrinkles and fine lines on your skin
- It may cause discoloration of the skin, leading to spots on the skin
- You may also get affected by freckles on your skin
Over exposure to the sun's rays also increases the risk of skin cancer as it may lead to damage of the DNA present on the skin. This may lead to an unhindered growth of cells, resulting in skin cancer. Apart from this, sun exposure may also increase oiliness in the skin and lead to acne breakouts.
There are a number of measures you may adopt to reduce the harmful effects of sun rays on your skin; they are:
- Wear protective clothing when you step out in the sun. Prefer full sleeved clothes and full length trousers or skirts as they will prevent the skin from being overly exposed to the sun.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF count of at least above 15 when you go out in the sun in order to protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet radiations of the sun.
- Remember to moisturize your skin as sun exposure may cause the skin to turn dry and flaky.
- Don't save your umbrellas only for rainy days, use them to avoid direct exposure to the sun.