Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Gunjan ShahYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best. I was shocked to experience the issue of greying hair. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Gunjan Shah immediately started the greying hair treatment for my problem. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Waves Wellness is so nice. Gunjan Shah has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. As someone I knew, consulted this Gunjan Shah and they referred us. The Waves Wellness was equipped with various facilities. Her advice and counselling has helped me immensely.
I was diagnosed with rashes. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Gunjan Shah and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. The overall atmosphere in the Waves Wellness is very soothing. The waiting area in the Waves Wellness is very comfortable for elderly patients. I owe him her a big thanks for making me fine again. Gunjan Shah has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference.
Due to my hair fall i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. Finally with Dr Gunjan Shah treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Waves Wellness. My boss referred me Dr Gunjan Shah. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing hair fall treatment was very relaxing. Gunjan Shah is very knowledgeable person.
I was panicked, because I never thought I will need whitening like this. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. The Waves Wellness is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. Dr Gunjan Shah started the whitening treatment for my issue. I owe her a big thanks for making me fine and gorgerous.
I was looking for a dermatologist who can provide me the best mole removal treatment. My friends referred me Dr Gunjan. She is very patient with all her patients. The complete process of mole removal was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. I am so much benefitted with her treatment.
I had a long problem of pimple and acne. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulteddr Gunjan Shah. I owe him her a big thanks for making me fine again .The overall cleanliness in the clinic,Waves Wellness in ahmedabad was amazing
My boss referred me Dr Gunjan Shah. I am so happy that I chose her for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Gunjan Shah. she did my laser hair removal treatment.
dr Gunjan Shah is a very good doctor for treatment of acne and pimples. Her clinic Waves Wellness in Ahmedabad is well maintained and patient friendly.
My daughter who turned 18 this year has some skin allergy, I read about the symptoms and figured out on the internet that they call this sort of allergy as 'hives' Its been around 3 months And it triggers randomly anytime anywhere. Could stress be the possible reason? Or is it some deficiency? It is worrisome, are these kind of skin allergies chronic? What could be the solution to this? Thanks.
People tend to believe that they have sensitive skin when they use certain products that don't suit them and causes some redness, itching, blotches, rashes, etc. However, this is not true. Sensitive skin is actually used to describe a condition when skin develops rashes, skin bumps, erosions, pustules, blotches, redness and so on when exposed to harsh weather conditions such as extreme heat, wind or cold.
There are some common skin ailments for that may harm a sensitive skin; i.e. Acne, rosacea, burning and stinging as well as contact dermatitis or irritants and allergies. Skin can be sensitive on any part of the body, including legs, arms, hands, etc. but it is most noticeable on the face though. The degree of sensitivity varies from person to person. Sensitive skin easily reacts when exposed to sunlight or wind. Also, such a skin is more prone to dryness, itchiness and redness. So, in case you have a sensitive skin you need to be extra cautious with the foods you eat and the products you use.
Precautions to be taken in case of a sensitive skin:
- First of all, you need to find out what is causing the problem. Is it food, weather or a product and stop using/avoiding those things to protect your skin.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser twice a day.
- Do not overload yourself with several skin care products like toners, scrubs, packs, and variety of creams.
- Keep a healthy, balanced diet which is rich in antioxidants such as Vitamins A, C and E. Also increase your intake of anti-inflammatory spices such as turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper.
- Exercise daily to ensure a good circulation to the skin.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Adding lemon gives your skin the much needed Vitamin C.
- Choose natural and soft fabrics such as silk and cotton for sensitive skin.
- Avoid exposing your skin to too hot or cold water .
- Avoid using skin care and cosmetic products that have alcohol, harsh exfoliants, petrochemicals, acids, or synthetic fragrances as these can irritate the skin.
- While trying a new product make sure to do a trial test on the skin especially on your inner arm or behind your ear.
- Use a good broad spectrum sunscreen which is non comedogenic, paraben and fragrance-free.
- Try to reduce stress in life by resorting to activities such as meditation, yoga, or walking.
- Get enough restful sleep to enable your body clock to function normally, which will give you clear skin.
However, if you do have any prolonged, unexplained skin reaction then you should visit your dermatologist who might conduct a skin allergy test to identify the root cause of the problem. Finally, limit your alcohol intake.
Cherry Angiomas are benign skin growths comprised of abnormal proliferation of blood vessels. They are also alternatively known as Campbell de Morgan spots or senile angiomas. Cherry Angiomas are a rather common skin disorder.
The Cherry Angioma appears bright red, oval or circular in shape and are small in size. They can either be smooth, and close to the skin's surface, or they can be marginally raised. They mostly appear on the arms, shoulders and torso. If the Angioma is agitated (scratched, cut open or rubbed), it might result in intense bleeding in some cases.
The exact cause of Cherry Angiomas is unknown. Genetic predispositions are usually believed to be a major cause. Other than that, pregnancy, climate and chemical exposure have also been said to cause Cherry Angiomas.
An obvious link, however, has been established between age and the appearance of Cherry Angiomas. Usually, people over 30 develop Cherry Angiomas, which only seem to augment in number and size with age.
There are no other specific symptoms of Cherry Angiomas, except for the benign growths on the skin. The skin growths are usually characterised by:
- Vivid, cherry-red colour
- Small sizes
- Smooth growths which are close to the skin's surface, or are raised
Cherry angiomas usually does not need any treatment, but if you want, you can remove them for cosmetic reasons. You can also remove the Cherry Angiomas if they appear in places on your body where they can get easily irritated (such as, on the hands), and cause bleeding.
Some methods of removing Cherry Angiomas include:
- Electro-cauterization: In this method, the angioma is burned off by an electric current that is passed through a tiny probe.
- Cryosurgery: In this procedure, the angioma is frozen with liquid nitrogen; the angioma is destroyed by the severe cold. This is a relatively easy and quick procedure.
- Laser surgery: In this procedure, pulsed dye laser is used to remove the angioma. The pulsed dye laser (PDL) is an undiluted yellow laser that is hot enough to damage the growth.
- Shave excision: In this procedure, the angioma is removed from the surface of the skin by a sharp razor. Shave excision is a substitute to invasive surgery that would require an incision to remove the growth and then sutures (stitches) to close the laceration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
There is hardly anyone happy with their looks, especially when it comes to their hair. Those who have straight hair wish that they had curly hair. The ones with curly hair envy the ones with straight hair as they don’t have to worry about brushing it all day. As such, there is a constant rush at salons to curl up straight hair and straighten up curly hair.
There are instant ways to do this, but what is important for us to understand is that this is not natural. Both pressing and curling happen with the use of artificial chemicals and extreme heat, which can be harmful for hair.
Another fad we see is people going in for these treatments by using peers as reference. It should be borne in mind that each person would react to these treatments differently, depending on the type of hair and length of hair. What worked for a friend may not necessarily work for you too. The intent is not to discourage, but to caution. Think about it, be mindful of what can possibly go wrong, and then put yourself in safe hands to get this done.
Possible Harmful Effects
Allergic Reaction: The chemicals used may possibly cause allergic reaction. So it is always advisable to do a small test before going ahead with it. Apply the chemical on your arm and wait for 24 hours. If no reaction is seen, go ahead with it. Even if that tested positive, there is a chance that the chemical can cause a delayed allergic reaction, which can happen with exposure to sun or even after a few days. Seek medical help if that happens.
Dryness: Hair straightening leaves the hair dry and devoid of its natural moisture. Avoid using the dryer as much as possible and oil the hair frequently.
Hair Fall: Using poor chemicals and improper techniques can cause hair fall, as the follicles break away from the roots.
Overall Appearance: Though curling or straightening could be a temporary move, if not done well, you are worse off than the just-unhappy feeling you had with your natural hair. This is an even bigger blow for your self-esteem and personality.
All this does not mean hair straightening and pressing should be completely avoided. The trick is to do it in moderation, use good styling products, choose a stylist carefully, and go for regular hair care. The home hair care products also should be of high-quality standards. When you see your hair not harmed, you will feel it was worth the investment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a laser, which is an intense, pulsating beam of light to remove unwanted hair. During laser hair removal, a laser beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, inhibiting future hair growth. Although laser hair removal slows hair growth, it does not guarantee permanent hair removal. It takes multiple laser hair removal treatments to provide hair-free skin. Laser surgery for facial hair removal helps your skin look younger and healthier by treating aging, acne, and blotches, scars, wrinkles, lines or excess hair on the face.
This surgery comes with its own share of benefits, which are:
- First of all, laser hair removal is precise. The laser only targets the pigmented area of the skin on your face, such as the hair follicle. This is why only the hair follicle is burned and not the skin surrounding the area, making it a safe procedure.
- Laser hair removal is most effective on the hairs in the early part of the hair growing stage. A concentrated beam of light is aimed at the hair follicle. The laser then converts its energy into heat and heats up the hair follicle preventing it from growing any further.
- Laser hair removal removes unwanted hair from your face at the speed of light. The laser is designed to treat several hairs in a large surface area, all at the same time. There is no downtime after the service and no sticky residue left behind.
- The pain factor varies from person to person because every person has a different level of pain tolerance. Laser surgery is described as feeling like a gentle pinch or like the snap of a warm rubber band.
- Laser hair removal has many benefits that make it a viable option for many people to permanently deal with unwanted hair. You can ask many questions during your consultation to make sure you fully understand the procedure they use and how they deal with the treatment of pain.
Even though laser hair removal surgery on the face is largely safe, there are certain very minor side effects that are associated with it that you need to keep in mind before opting for it. The risks involved with laser surgery occur very rarely including a change in skin tone, burns, and blistering. If performed correctly by a trained professional with a lot of experience, laser surgery for hair removal is very safe. You may have slight redness or local swelling on the treatment area of your face that typically resolves within several hours. Limiting your exposure to the sun before and after treatment can minimize the risk of complications.