Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurang PabaniYour feedback matters!
My baby is becomming very thin day by day please suggest some nutritional baby food for 10 months old baby and what kind of food will be good for him
Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years old and yesterday I got some reasons what could be symptoms of autism. 1) she does not have eye contact except her parents with other people, 2) does not want to play with other children 3) enjoying to watch TV and phone when she watching in phone she does not want to give it back 4) become very stubborn and feel irritated and started crying to get any thing 5) speak everything even the Hindi mantra also but sometime the speech is not so clear 6) sometimes live in her own world in school Are all these symptoms of autism and the therapy could help my child to be normal as other children. And can my child also study in regular schools. Thank you.
The journey to parenthood begins long before the baby arrives, long before the expectant parents ever set eyes on the new life they have created. Being a parent is hard and exhausting, mentally, physically and emotionally. As a mother, one goes through a journey that encompasses huge changes to her body, her emotional state of mind, career, relationship with partner and her entire outlook on the world around her but, let's not forget the emotional impact on fathers too.
There is no, particular psychological pathway to parenthood as every couple's experience is shaped by a unique set of circumstances; their own childhood memories of their parents, observations of other parents and by the type of relationship they have with each other.
Being parents changes you: Becoming a parent changes two fundamental things: first, your perception about yourself, and secondly, it changes the nature of your relationship with your partner. You need to understand that you're no longer two independent adults but a team. You have to prioritize the needs of your child over and above your own needs. The sooner you realize and implement this in your life, the better you turn out as a parent.
Planning is essential: As an expectant couple, you need to plan and prepare, not to guarantee a result, but to open their minds to the vast enormities of the life changes that you are about to experience. This way you will be better prepared and equipped to cope with the challenges and situations that may come your way. You should try to imagine what your life will be like, after the baby arrives, realistically. The pregnancy period is an opportunity for both - the mother and the father, to run through a psychological rehearsal of "life after the birth of baby". Although it is, unrealistic and impractical for the expectant parents to think that, they can strategize for every conceivable scenario related to new parenthood, what so ever it may be, however, they can use the nine months of pregnancy to begin to reflect on how a baby will affect their relationship.
Hi doctor my son is 22 months old. He s very stubborn. And he crying and achieve in the things wat ever he wants. Can I send him to play group now so tat he can talk well and will b able to learn things. I feel like tat. Give a good idea. He s so stubborn.
My child 15 year male suffering from adhd disease he has not control his bathroom in bed at sleeping time every time please suggests to solve this problem he has doing bathroom in every 15 to 20 minute.
Hello doctors My son is 45 days old and suffers from frequent hasli (color bone problem. How it is to be cured permanently? Had given him massage three times.
A mother's prime focus always is how to ensure that her child is happy and comfortable, especially when the child is too small. One of the problems which bothers many mothers who are bringing up really small children, is diaper rash. Sensitive skin, tight diaper and prolonged contact with feces and urine etc are common reasons for diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis.
Here are few tips to avoid diaper rash and ensuring your child is always comfortable.
1. Careful with wash: if you are using a cloth diaper, be extra careful in washing such that there is no soap remaining in the cloth.
2. Clean well: when bathing your baby, make sure you clean the area covered by diaper with a mild soap and do not rub the area while drying, since the skin is sensitive.
3. Remove soiled diaper instantly: this is the most important. However busy you are, you need to aware of the times when the diaper/cloth has been soiled. And when soiled, the diaper has to be changed at the earliest. Do not keep your baby in the diaper for all hours of the day. It is good if they are out of the diaper for some time every day.
4. Keep the diaper loose. Also, ensure that you wash the cotton diapers with fabric softeners and try to avoid wipes altogether as they have strong chemicals in them.
5. Keep a tab on rashes: if your baby does get the rashes, check with the pediatrician at the earliest. Frequent topical applications of a bland protective barrier agent (zinc oxide paste) may suffice to prevent dermatitis. There are also chances of fungal infections. Antifungal creams should be used on advice of a doctor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
Parents sometimes tend to neglect their children due to various reasons. However, this negligence influences the children severely. It can affect the development, personality, relationship traits of the children. Every child needs care and love. Parents are naturally the closest people in a child’s world. Negligence from the closest people can lead to destructive character traits in their personality.
1. Attachment problems: One of the primary and direct effects of parental negligence towards children can lead children to be less attached with family. If a child does not get the warmth and care from parents, he automatically detaches from the family bonding and even does not develop the love and compassionate feelings for the family. This pattern hardly changes over time, and it can even lead to problematic relationship of the child in the future. The child may not be able to be close to his own children later.
2. Brain development: Children are tender and sensitive, just like floral buds. Every stimulus has an action. For instance, a child who is affected by malnutrition suffers from weak neural cells. This can be a reason behind weak brain functions. The basic pillars of brain processes, that is, thinking and logical thinking, everything is affected due to parental negligence. It may lead to low level of self-confidence, depression, frustration, anxiety and stress, troubled thoughts and emotional distortions.
Signs of parental negligence in children
1. Eating Disorders
2. Disrupted Sleep
3. Withdrawal from family bonding
4. Aggressive attitude
5. Bed wetting
6. Missing out school
7. Obsessive traits in behavioural patterns
9. Sudden change in attitude and behaviours
Every child seeks complete attention and love of his or her parents. However, parents may neglect them due to work stress, social obligations, personal problems and other such reasons. But parents should be considerate about the developmental barriers that could be posed due to this type of negligence. Some children also show eating habit changes, abusive attitude, violence or sometimes even plunge into complete isolation. While children require free scope to let their emotional and mental development boost with social activities, neglected children can withdraw themselves from social activities.
This means no friends, no social activity in life. This is a major reason for depression, suicidal attempts, deformed thought processes and misled lifestyle. As a parent, you can offer your optimum care and affection to your child to avoid such mental distortions, which can be avoided with love and warmth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.