Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dhaval PanchalYour feedback matters!
I have a wide gap between my upper 4 teeth which is widening day by day. Can you please tell me the remedy to decrease this gap because it is not looking very good while smiling.
After eating medicines for almost one week my tongue is feeling like to eat spicy foods. If I taste pickle then tongue feeling spicy. How to get rid of this and bring tongue to normal. Kindly help?
Hello sir. I hava a one problem. Skin allergenic. Why this happened. I didn't know. Last six months I put teeth clip as per doctor conjunction. Any problem is clip.
I'm 16 yr old & I has a bad impression on my teeth myself. My gums is very weak & when I eat apple r guava then I have a little bit blood bleading. Even when I touch it, then blood starts it flow. So please help me to get good & strong teeth (white)
I have a problem of smell from my mouth & my teeth seem to become yellow type. What should I do sir.
My mouth smell every now and then and my teeth are yellow and I brush my teeth regularly what to do?
I m 23 years old. My left second incisor teeth is shaking. Only three incisor teeth are in straight line but left side incisor teeth is little behind the rest of the teeth. Usually while brushing front upper and lower tooth bleeds. What to do?
What can be the reason my lips and mouth are looking different and when I close my lips they look very different. And I am not comfortable.
My teeth is Good but in improper place. Can I set my teeth through any dentist now. My age is 20 years. Is it possible to do that.
SIR for ulcer I use becosule and folic tab, all type of gargle used, all type of vitamin used thereafter why ulcer occur in mouth? I not understand why? one thing is sir, when I am in anger or in tension than blister or ulcer occur in mouth, I notice that in last three month. Sir Please help me! or suggest important advice sir Please.
Dear Doctor I'm having cavity particularly in front my teeth i have some long cavity because unnecessary flesh growth i removed the flesh but the gap between two teeth is much, please advice.
I am 25 year female. I am feeling pain when I am opening my mouth. What might be the problem and any solution available?
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.