Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Devendra A ShahYour feedback matters!
My six year old daughter occasionally suffers from cold and cough. I want to give her something to boost her immunity. Kindly please give me direction as of which homeopathy medicine should I give her and will it be for lifelong?
Hi Doctor, I'm pregnant now and 7 months happen in this time my baby weight is 674 gram and is that normal or how many grams or kilogram the baby weight should be have doctor please reply me.
My girl child is 03 years old. She does not eat happily. We force eat her with very difficultly . Therefore she is very thin as compare to same age group child .What should I do?
Hello, my child 9.5 yrs old and some times he is facing pain in right side of chest and some times he need to stress to breath. Its very few times found like 2 -4 instances in 6 months, specifically when he is running in good speed or jumping with a stress or sitting idle watching tv.
I gave wheat rava today 1st time to 11 month boy baby. He is doing loose motion now at one time. Is not safe to give him. How?
Hi my baby is 4 months old and exclusively breastfed. I am getting suggestions from friends and family to feed cerelac to my baby from next month. Can you suggest me if it's the right tym to put her on cerelac.
My 7 n half months old son does not like to have foods breast milk is not enough for him now, he remains hungry but it takes a lot of effort s to feed him daal, cerelac specially cow milk he hates. He looks weak only 7 kg. please suggest what should I give him to gain weight. I am worried kindly help me.
My four year baby is sick with a temperature of 99 degrees she can't keep anything down including liquids. Please what should I do.
Physical activity has been identified as an important contributor to maintaining good overall health. Low levels of activity are identified as a risk factor for a range of health conditions, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes and osteoporosis, as well as being a strong contributor to levels of obesity.
Low levels of physical activity are a major risk factor for ill health and mortality from all causes. People who do not do sufficient physical activity have a greater risk of cardiovascular disease, colon and breast cancers, type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis. Being physically active improves mental and musculoskeletal health and reduces other risk factors such as overweight, high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol.
A child of 10 years old is not able to talk properly, all his activities and growth related function are abnormal and slow. As per doctors communication during delivery got some problem, brain hemorrhage which impacted on his nervous system. We have treated him a lot but there is no progress. Can anybody suggest what to be done to get him normal and grow in future properly.
Hi, My baby is 2 months & 4 days old. My in laws forbid to take the baby out due to some old traditions which is according to me is there blind faith. I want to know if its ok to take my child to a nearby part for a stroll or a mall for a movie?
My son is 14 months and his teeth are discoloring. He also ticking his naval and prvt parts like its itching. Sometimes he also lies down on floor tummy down side. Is it serious? What to do for his teeth? He is bottle feeder.
My baby girl is 1 year 3 months old she is facing lots of difficulty while passing stool she cries a lot and also has pain while doing potty and also the stool is hard like rock. Please doctor help me.
33 weeks old boy baby born on 27th July now 5th day. My baby is now in icu. Baby and me are different hospital. My breast milk production started, now the breast have pain. How can I stopped temporarily. Dr. said baby will stay in icu still 4 days.
My one and half year old daughter is medically situs inversion case. I want to know there will be all ok in future ? Currently no problem.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!