Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika JainYour feedback matters!
My son is 3.5 months old and from two days he is doing green and jelly type potty and he generally stools 5-6 times a day. Are these symptoms of stomach infection? If yes then please suggest medicine.
Baby is 14 month old still he is not talking in which age he is talking properly? He has tough tied problem also.
Sir my sister daughter 12 year old. repeatedly coming typhoid fever for 3 months or 6 months and sometimes few weeks. So how to test and treatment recover life long the baby Please reply sir.
My son age is four months. He is having loose motion and crying every time . He is not feeding proper milk. Giving cows milk to the son .Lactogen is good or bad for my son. His mother not having milk to feed son. Tell about my wife for how to increase the milk. Thanks .
My 1 years 7-months old son has been recently diagnosed with 'papular rash' by our pediatric doctor. He has been on daily dosage of - 1) Montair granules for 4-weeks. 2) Xyzal syrup 2 ml for 10-days. Our doctor had mentioned that if things settle down within 1-2 weeks, dosages could be reduced, however, he is currently out of town for 3-months. My son already took these medicines for 2-weeks & 2-3 new rashes have come up since past 2-3 days. Also, the existing ones seem to get cured. Should we continue the same medicines for the entire duration of 4-weeks or, is there any dosage reduction required?
Hi mam my baby is now 10 months old but still her teeth's are not come yet and from 2-3 days she having loose motions and vomiting can you please help me.
My baby was born in eight months itself. But he is active and there is no problem with him so far. Will the be any problem in future?
Hi Mam, I have a 4 year old son which was born delayed, and admitted 13 days in hospital due to blood clot in the back side of skull. Now he is looking normal but some time he has become more hi-per and throwing the things which is he has in his hand. Also he still not speaking properly. Is there any problem? Or where I have to go for his check-uyp.
My daughter is 18 months old, she is only 9 kgs. Her daily routine is, she gets up at 7 and will have a small bowl of cereal, at around 9 she will have some raw vegetables. At 12 she will have meal with dal and curry. At 2 she will drink milk and sleep. At 4 pm she will have 1 fruit and milk. At 7 pm she will have her dinner. At 9 pm she will drink a small glass of milk and at 10: 30 she will have some milk,(breast feeding). And during the night she gets up for every 2 hours and will drink some milk. Everyone are suggesting me to stop breast feeding during night time. But she cries a lot for milk and won't get diverted. What should I do? so that she gains some weight and how to stop breastfeeding.
My daughter is 2 and half year old, she eat very less her weight is only 11 kg, what can we do so that she eat something. She not even takes medicine if we try to give medicine she do the vomiting.
My son 3.3 years old but he is not able to speak clearly. He can say mamma, Papa but not any other word. Kindly suggest me.
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups