Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Darshit PrajapathiYour feedback matters!
Hey Sir/Mam my eye sight is weak please give me some good or new tips to correct my eye sight or any medicine?
I have sight from 3 years, and a small a small amount of cement is fallen in my eyes. Will sight increase?
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
How is the cylindrical power of -3.75 for a 4+ year old kid going to affect him in his daily regular life and also his higher education studies when he grows up? Treatment going on. Specs ordered.
I am 18 years old .I am suffering from short site and I have started using specs more than 7 years .how long did I want to use this spec.
I am 20 years, my eyesight are so weak I find it hard when I go out in bright sunlight. What should I do to better my eye sights?
How I increase my eye site? My eye is weak around -5 in both side same. I am 24 years old. For better of my eye what can I do?
I have suffering from fever for thee days and pain in eyes I take combiflam but not relief please sr advise me.
I had undergone LASIK eye surgery 1 year ago. Now my eyes remain dry and yellow n red spots on my eyeball. Any eye drop to whiten my eyeballs?
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.
I am 21 year old male. Last two days my right eye becomes reddish and feeling itchiness and blurring vision. Left eye vision normal. But itchiness also felt. My right become more reddish color. Severe irritation. I use some eye drops. Still pain is severe. Red eye present. And small growth present on nasal side of right eye. It gives some foreign body sensation. It causes me any severe problem like vision loss. What is best treatment of this? What can I do?
My eyesight are 6/6 and in right eye 6/12 since 1 year and my dream is to be a pilot in IAF .they required 6/6 in both so for fuffil my dream please tell me that how can I make my eyesight 6/6 without glass.
Im 25 male I have problem in my eyes it becomes wet while watching tv or computer or looking constantly please give me the solution.
How can I concentrate more in study. I study only for 1 hour after that my head start pain Eye pain some time mind goes any where My friends say we are easily study for 2 3 hour I study minimum 2 hours at one time My hair are also turning grey and lot of hair fall.PLease tell.
Lazy eye or amblyopia is a childhood disorder wherein the child’s vision does not develop properly, especially in one of the eyes. If the condition is not treated at the very onset, it can lead to impaired vision in the concerned eye. As the child grows up, the brain will fail to pick up images from that eye.
This disorder is known to start when one eye has better vision than the other eye. An example would be if one of the eyes is affected by farsightedness (unable to see objects at a closer range) and the other is normal. In the case of a child, when the brain receives images from both the eyes, it will ignore the faulty eye’s image. When this situation repeats itself over months or years, it might lead to absolute deterioration of vision in the faulty eye.
Strabismus is another cause of amblyopia wherein there is a significant misalignment in the eye; one of the eyes may turn outward or inward. This does not allow the eye to focus properly on an object, thus leading to double vision. The brain again ignores the image from the faulty eye that causes vision deterioration in that eye.
The treatment begins by correcting problems in the affected eye and then putting a patch on the normal eye. Initially, the child may have difficulties adjusting to this new method, but bear in mind that it is absolutely necessary to wear the patch. The entire treatment process may range over a few weeks to even months. Regular visit to the doctor is of utmost importance.
In mild cases, an eye drop called ‘atropine’ may be prescribed for the good eye. The child may also require glasses to improve focus. In case of cataracts, a surgery might be needed to treat it.
The treatment should begin early, as it can get difficult to treat the condition once the child crosses his/her 7-8 year mark.