Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Damini Dahybhai PatelYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old and 13 week pregnant, my doctor done USG himself and report was OK, he prescribed acucal tab and anofer tab, I have seen one of my friend she used to take natural michronised progesterone and l arginine sachet in her pregnancy, my doctor not prescribed any of these, is it OK? And 1 month before my USG shown 8 weeks pregnancy but after one month when my doctor done USG he told that it is 13 weeks, but it should be 12 weeks, is it a problem?
Hai mam, can you please solve my problem plzzzzz its 2 urgent actually mam my sis she used postpone tablets for 6 days nw its 9th day bt she did not got periods till nw can you please help her out 2 get periods as soon as possible plzzz mam plzz gve some suggestions 2 get periods back mam.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on 22nd and 23rd November and her periods just got over on 18th November and now we are scared that she might get pregnant. Please help me in knowing if she will really get pregnant and I had masturbated a night before having sex And her cycle is of 28 days If she is pregnant how to avoid it Please help.
I ws pregnant but in 12 th week ie 1april ultrasound got to knw baby had no heartbeat n growth so I had my d&c on 2 april 2016. I want to what all precautions I need to take nw nd fr how long. Nd aftr d&c how many days bed rest is required?
I am having an irregular period. My doctor said it's because of hormonal imbalance. Rest every test is normal. I am taking medicines for this. Would you suggest a proper diet for hormonal imbalance?
Doctor, i' m single woman, I have problem related to sex. I used to masterbate since my teenage, now i' m 27, now private looking worst. It looking like an old aged woman' s. If I marry someone he won' t believe that i' m a virgin lady. I feel hesitate to marry. I just need a solution. Can you suggest any remedy.
Is it ok to have coffee with dairy creamer since fresh milk is not available. And is there any harm to use dairy whiteners.
I am 24 year old female. My height is 4'10" inches. My weight is 52 kg. From past 2-3 months I am getting irregular periods. On 1st day of my periods I always get painful cramps and rest four days condition become normal. But on my last periods the pain was severe and it was constant on 4th day also. And from someday I felt pain in stomach in normal days also. My belly is increased and weight is gaining day by day. Please suggest me the solution. And why this happening to me.
Hi I am 24 years and I am having pcos problem because of which I am gaining weight instantly and tried a lot of things but dint saw any kind of results so please help me out and tell me how to loose weight.
We are married for almost one year and we tried our level best for one year and it's unfortunate that my wife dint get pregnant. After that she got training for three months and now she is staying in Delhi and am located at Chennai. Almost one month over for her training and we had a meeting during her training and we were involved in intense physical intercourse as it was long time since she joined her training. But now her periods got shifted from her regular dates almost 35 days over (28 days is her regular cycle). We feel she got pregnant and we are happy to greater extend and we are flying in the air. But worrying point is that she have intense training where she has lots of assignments and she sleeps 6 hrs daily and most importantly the cafeteria doesn't provide health and good food to eat. This is my situation. My basic questions are as follows, 1. As the food is not good and training is healthy I want to understand how our baby will be healthy¿.2. If she is not much healthy what will happen to baby. 3. If she is too much stressed during her training what will happen to baby and my wife. 4. What all the things that I should do to make my wife and my baby in good condition. 5. Will this stress affects baby health conditions. Request your sincere advice.
Nature has blessed us with some amazing and magical foods. Forget pills or supplements, these foods can give all that you crave for in life, a well-shaped body, a healthy mind and heart and a lot more. It is important for us to identify these foods and make them a part of our regular diet.
Believe it or not, bananas are one of these magical foods. This is a fantastic fruit, available in the markets throughout the year and is pocket-friendly too. From potassium to vitamin B6, it is packed with the goodness of essential nutrients. The best part about this fruit is you can consume it in different ways. Besides eating it alone, you can make delicious sweet dishes and milk-shakes out of it.
- Each banana (118gm) contains only about 105 calories, and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs.
- Bananas contain very little protein and almost no fat.
- The carbs in unripe (green) bananas consist mostly of starch and resistant starch, but as the banana ripens, the starch turns into sugar (glucose, fructose and sucrose).
- A medium-sized banana contains about 3 grams of fiber, making bananas a fairly good fiber source.
Bananas contain mainly two types of fiber:
- Pectin: Decreases as the banana ripens.
- Resistant starch: Found in unripe bananas.
Resistant starch escapes digestion and ends up in our large intestine, where it becomes food for the beneficial gut bacteria. Additionally, some cell studies propose that pectin may help protect against colon cancer. Bananas contain several types of potent antioxidants, including dopamine and catechins. These antioxidants have been linked to many health benefits, such as a reduced risk of heart disease and degenerative diseases. Bananas are often referred to as the perfect food for athletes, largely due to their mineral content and easily digested carbs. Eating bananas may help reduce exercise-related muscle cramps and soreness, which affect up to 95% of the general population. Bananas are also one of the most convenient snack foods. You can add them to breakfast yogurt, cereal or smoothie. You can even use them instead of sugar in your baking and cooking. Furthermore, bananas rarely contain any pesticides or pollutants, due to their thick protective peel. Bananas are incredibly easy to eat and transport. They are usually well-tolerated and easily digested, and simply have to be peeled and eaten.
- Keeps you smart and slim: It acts as a perfect energy booster. You get ample amount of calories by consuming a banana. A single banana can give you 100 to 110 calories instantly. Interestingly, it doesn’t add too much carb or fat to your overall diet. A medium-sized banana is most likely to contain about 30 grams of useful carbs and 3 to 4 grams of fiber. It is rich in resistant starch—a kind of carbohydrate that takes longer time for digestion, burning more calories.
- Takes care of your muscles: Bananas are rich in minerals like magnesium and potassium. It prevents and protects us from developing cramps in the muscles. It enhances the process of muscle relaxation too.
- Keeps a tab on your blood pressure: It is an ideal fruit for people with high blood pressure. It is because of the fact that bananas are rich in potassium. This mineral does wonder in reducing blood pressure. One gets about 400-450 mg of potassium (with no traces of sodium) from a single banana.
- Get gorgeous with a glowing skin: It is not just the citrus fruits that fulfil your body’s requirement of Vitamin C. Bananas are also a rich source of Vitamin C. This nutrient is essential for a healthy skin. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that strengthens the immune system of our body.
- Good for your stomach: Bananas are helpful in taking care of your stomach. They keep you away from gastric problems or disorders. Say thanks to the fructooligosaccharides (FOS) present in them. FOS acts as a probiotic substance, enhancing the growth of useful bacterias in human intestine. Consequently, eating a banana prevents you from gastric diseases. Further, bananas contain pectin which helps in beating constipation.
Homeopathy, being an alternative form of medicine, is often misunderstood when compared to allopathic treatments. In fact, there are many myths and rumours about the working of this field of medicine. This has become a primary reason as to why many people think twice before trying out homeopathy. However, of late, more and more people are breaking the shackles of these myths and rumours and opting for this natural and alternative form of medicine. Here are certain myths and facts which disclose the truth about them.
- It is often said that homeopathy first aggravates the symptoms and then reduces it. Most people shy away from this prospect and decide otherwise. The fact is, sometimes the condition worsens naturally due to the serious stage at which it is in. This is, however, not caused by side effects of taking any homeopathic pills. Thus, this line of treatment does not aggravate the symptoms. This is a myth and should be looked beyond.
- A set of people believe that homeopathy, being natural, has the ability to cure any disease whatsoever. But it has to be kept in mind that homeopathy is, after all, a natural science of medicine. Just as allopathic cure sometimes fails to produce the desired results, homeopathy too fails at times in delivering. But this is no reason to not opt for such a treatment. Every field of medicine has its own sets of limitations.
- At times, homeopathic doctors are not given the same respect that is given to those who practice allopathic treatment and deal in general medical sciences. Here, it needs to be discussed that homeopathy is an alternate form of medicine, which is practiced by those who have a proper degree in medicine, even in general medicine. In fact, many conventional doctors have thought it beneficial to switch streams of practice and have left allopathy for homeopathic treatments.
- Homeopathy is believed to provide relief only from pains, allergies and maybe skin troubles. But it is not so. Recent developments and studies have shown that homeopathy, if administered effectively, can also bring about pathological changes in the individual.
- People think that homeopathy takes time to show its results. But this is not true. In fact, at times while treating fever, cold and allergies, it shows rapid results. It is only when the disease is chronic that it takes time to heal.
These are some of the popular myths about homeopathy and it is needed that these myths are busted so that more and more people believe in the power of homeopathy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.