Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chintan GandhiYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant two months over. She is feeling very cold in day n night Tim, Body is very warm in night Tim. Is this normal during pregnancy? Or need to consult doctor.
Dear doctor I want to know what is the best time in the month where chances of conceiving are most? Also please let me know the basic preparedness to improve fertility?
Sir /mam Mai apni wife ke sath 6 December ko sex kiye the raat mai meri wife I pil kha li thi ausi raat ko fhir hum dono ke bich sex ho gya bina koi safty ke Meri wife ko avi tk period nai aaya hai Kya koi problem hai es condition mai Mai use bol raha Hun Dr. se milne PR time nai mil raha hai Jane ka please kuch batayie Ya koi medicines hai periods ya es condition ko handle karne ka.
I am 35 yo male. I have developed a painful node on my left upper breast. It's painful to touch. What it could be? It's been there for couple of weeks.
2016 Feb 4 i got marriage. In march I was pregnant bt on 26th I got abortion. Bt mam now im feeling vomiting sensation, breast pain, giddiness, stomach pain. Is it any chance to get pregnancy in one week aftr abortion.
If pregnant woman has blood pressure150/100 in the 4 th month then what precautions she take and whichmedicines should be preferred.
I get married in the year 2011. But till now we have no child. We both have consulted with gynecologist Doctor and as per Doctor's recommendation my wife has tested USG and I have tested semen. And results are positive for both of us. After checking reports Dr. Suggested us to try . We are trying but till now We have not got any positive result. Please tell me what should We do?
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs in the ovaries, often in multiples, which are very common in women. This is absolutely different condition from polycystic ovaries. Most of them are benign and not indicative of an underlying problem. They produce no specific symptoms and even if detected, can be watched over a period of time. Treatment may be required only if there are serious symptoms or there is higher possibility of cancerous nature of the cyst. Read on to know more.
- Functional: There are two types in this. The follicular variety is when the egg that is ready for fertilization does not completely shrink and stays for a few more days before it disappears. Another variety, the luteal ovarian cysts are formed when after the release of the egg, there is blood filling up in the corpus luteum.
- Pathological: There are many types here – dermoid, cystadenomas, endometriomas, cancerous cystadenocarcinomas etc. These are worrisome and need to be treated. Both varieties, once identified, should be monitored. The functional variety, though may not cause a problem, can cause infertility and so necessitate treatment.
Any ovarian follicle larger than 2 cm can be called as an ovarian cyst. They are usually benign and do not produce any symptoms. However, if they turn pathologic or grow in size, they can cause various symptoms such as:
- Irregular menstruation
- Heavy bleeding
- Intermittent spotting
- Painful and/or frequent urination
- Severe, recurrent abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Constipation or loose motions
- Nausea, sudden vomiting
- Fever, dizziness, and weakness
While cysts are often quiet and do not produce any symptoms, they can cause intermittent, nonspecific symptoms like above. If there is a family history of ovarian cancers in mothers, maternal aunt, Sisters, Grandmothers etc then women should have regular Gynaecological checkups to have a check done for ovarian cysts.
Why go for laparoscopic surgery?
- Laparoscopic surgery is considered to be one of the most effective ways of treating the condition of ovarian cysts. During the surgery, problem causing non-cancerous cyst can be removed without harming the ovaries. In the case of cancer, both ovaries along with uterus etc may have to be removed. This decision is taken by the operating surgeon depending upon age of the patient, characteristics and nature of the cyst and future fertility desires of the patient.
- The patient is given general anesthesia during the surgery. After the surgery, one is suggested to rest for a day and may be permitted to return to normal activities within a day’s time. However, one needs to avoid any strenuous activity for almost a week.
- While some cysts can be watched for years, others need treatment. This would be specifically true in cases where the couple is facing infertility issues or if there is a higher possibility of cancerous cysts. Such cysts need urgent intervention and should be monitored by a gynecologist with an experience in oncology. There are few blood tests that are needed to be done to know the nature of the cyst if it is benign or cancerous.
During this festival people do GARBA for long hours. It is very good for health. Let’s see how it is beneficial to health.
Garba offers good health benefits for all ages. It is a very good form of aerobic exercise. It burns lots of calories and very useful in loosing weight. When we do “Garba” it gives exercise almost all bones and muscles of body. It increases strength of muscles due to regular exercise.
Apart from exercise it is a very good stress buster. In today’s era of stress this gives very good relief and rejuvenates the body. One definitely feels good after Garba and the next day his mindset is much relaxed.
It can be done by people of any age. Barring few medical conditions like active heart disease, pregnancy and other conditions in which physical exertion is not allowed, GARBA is allowed for all. People tend to forget their worries and enjoy the life to fullest.
Still before practicing any form of vigorous exercise please talk to your doctor and get your self examined.
Some precautions are needed to avoid falling ill in this season as apart from benefits if proper care is not taken you can fall ill.
During GARBA you have to be light on your stomach. It is not advisable to do GARBA on full stomach. Normally we do not eat at night, night is for sleep, and if you take large meals at night you can have stomach problems like infection and indigestion. Please avoid high fat foods especially fast foods, cold drinks etc. at night.
Drink more amount fluids during GARBA, as you will sweat a lot.
This is the time for some infections like gastroenteritis, jaundice etc, so you may be a victim of this diseases in case of bad quality food.
Those who are allergic to dust and smoke, this is the season for cough, cold and fever. Due to some allergens in the air and food or drinks that you take, you can have problems like fever, cough, flu and allergic problems etc.People with extremes of age kids and senior citizens can get this very easily due to over crowded places. If you have tendency of allergy please take proper precautions or else you may in trouble and you need to visit your doctor often.
All forms of respiratory tract infections are common in this season. Those who are already having some problem please take some prophylactic measures like flu vaccination etc.
Take good care of your skin during this time. People are especially young generation is fond of Tatoos.Please make sure that disposable items are used and preferably go for temporary tattoo. Also look for allergy to the chemicals used for this.Perfer a good trusted place and try in a small area first.
Use light make up and take care in selection of ornaments, as you can have contact allergy to them. During Garba you will sweat a lot; you select the clothes accordingly and take bath couple of times.
Do not trust the strangers and it’s your body so please behave responsibly during this time. Do not get in to anybody’s pressure for anything. Especially girls should avoid going alone and be in groups.
During this time only the number of sexual harassment cases rises. So be careful. Control your emotions and take good care of your self. The cases of HIV and Sexually transmitted disease are rising dangerously due to irresponsible behaviors of people world vide.
Be careful while you eat out side. People tend to eat lots of wrong stuff at wrong time. Do not treat your stomach as junkyard. Improper sleep and bad food can lead to detrimental effect on your health.
With this few precautions your navratri will more enjoyable and healthy.
The author of this article is a practicing family physician and life style disease consultant.
A week back I posted when my wife was 40 weeks pregnant but cervix closed and tight. Amniotic 70 and we tried oxytocin which gave good contraction and good heart rate but no improvement in cervix. Intl hospital in Vietnam said they will not use misoprostol as it may lead to rupture or cerviprime gel (seems this gel isn't available here) Today 40 week 6 days ,As per drs opinion took 2nd opinion in another international hospital. They tried manual dilation using hand and some instrument but can not reach cervix. Cervix too high and closed. They also said misoprostol is banned in Vietnam as it may cause uterine rupture. Also they say baby head is too high. Amniotic 53, baby wt - 2.9kilo, head dia-9.3 cms, good movements. What are hopes or steps for normal vaginal delivery? Pls advise.
I have been suffering from a lot of white water flow from vagina and sometimes with a little bit blood clot. What should I do. .is there any change that I should do in my diet?
Hi me Anusua I'm 23 I have tremendous abdominal pain during my periods session I have to take pain killers and hot bag its very painful doctor. please help me out doctor with a good solution.
Dr, I had protected intercourse on 14th day of my menstrual cycle. However, the first few seconds were unprotected. Out of fear, I took Ipill after 15 hours. Now, it's been 7 days since I took Ipill. Still, no bleeding (neither BTB nor periods). I am very scared as I read that even few seconds of penetration can cause pregnancy and also, I was in my fertile window. Next expected period is on 19th May. Please let me know if I can take serum beta HCG test to rule out any risk? Does no BTB means I am at risk? Also, what are my chances of being pregnant.
I am 20 years old and I am 120 kg and I am pregnant how can I maintain my weight now and how can I loose my weight after pregnancy.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.