Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chintan GandhiYour feedback matters!
These days we read and hear a lot about imported food items and its nutritional benefits that are available in the market at sky high prices. While certainly these products has certain benefits associated with it, however somewhere in the media attention the importance of Indian spices is neglected. I am a firm believer of goodness of Indian spices and traditional benefits that it has to offer.
In next few days I will try and make an attempt to list benefits and usage of traditional Indian spices.
Hope you’ll enjoy these updates.
Nutrition & Wellness Expert
"Men get naughty at 40 forty" but for women, the case may be very-very different. By their thirtieth birthday, many women begin complaining of a lowered libido or lack of interest in sex with their partner. This can be quite frustrating for both partners and can lead to a rift in the relationship. Hence, it becomes essential to pay attention to this condition.
The first step to finding a solution to any problem is to understand the factors that trigger it. Some causes for a lowered libido in women are:
- Birth Control and Medication: Birth control essentially manipulates the hormone levels in the body. While this may prevent unwanted pregnancies, a lowered libido is a common side effect of birth control medication. Antidepressants also have similar side effects.
- Over Working: Working hard is a good thing but too much of a good thing can have a negative effect on your health. In this case, overworking may lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue and burnout. This can lead to a weakened adrenal gland. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of testosterone and in this way, working too hard can be the reason for women to not enjoy sex as much as they once used to.
- Hormonal Changes: With age, every woman faces hormonal changes. This can result in a lack of lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable. Over time, this can lower libido considerably.
- Ways to Enhance a Woman's Libido: A lowered libido isn't something you have to quietly accept. Here are a few ways to enhance a woman's libido.
- Go on a date: Intercourse is as much an emotional exercise as it is a physical one. Cutting back from other responsibilities, work, children etc and spending time alone with your partner can help you emotionally reconnect with him.
- Meditation: Meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. This, in turn, will enhance the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands and thereby enhance libido. Meditation can also help you disconnect from worries and tensions that may be weighing you down.
- Medication: When it comes to a diminished libido, medication may be an effective form of treatment, but it must be tailored to the individual. While estrogen skin creams may be beneficial for some women, others may benefit from testosterone supplements. A few antidepressants can also enhance a woman's libido by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Viagra can also help enhance a woman's libido especially in cases where the lowered libido was caused by antidepressants.
Actinomycosis is a condition which is caused due to a bacteria called actinomycetaceae bacteria.
One interesting thing to know about actinomycosis is that the sort of bacteria which are responsible for it are almost always present in the human body. As a matter of fact, the bacteria are present and live in the linings of the mouth, the throat and the digestive system. In the case of women, it is also present in their vagina. Men fall prey to actinomycosis more than women. Also this disease is more common among adults.
There is nothing wrong or threatening at all when it comes to being a host to these bacteria, unless there is a cut in the body and they are given the ripe opportunity to enter the body to a deeper level. The condition of actinomycosis often lasts for a long time. But since it is not contagious, there is little need to worry about a transfer of actinomycosis from one person to another. This is due to the fact that the bacteria cannot survive outside the body as it is of the anaerobic type.
When a person has actinomycosis, some of the prominent symptoms include draining sores on the skin, coughing as well as chest pain. In addition to these, you may also notice lumps beginning to appear on the face of the affected person, a sudden weight loss, fatigue and fever. Sometime you may also see a few abscesses or scar tissues as symptoms to the disease.
Some of the preventive measures which one may take includes reduction in alcohol consumption, following healthy practises which also means following a regular diet routine, and avoiding any dental problems.
But even after all such precautionary steps, if you’re diagnosed with actinomycosis, antibiotics may become your best bet. Some of the popular ones which doctors prescribe to their patients are tetracycline and erythromycin. There are side effects to consuming these medicines as a person can have a rash or diarrhoea when these medicines are consumed.
Also the time required to treat actinomycosis is long. In fact, a person can expect it to be up to a year until he or she is completely cured. Depending on how bad the situation is, the lumps which are caused due to actinomycosis may also need to be removed through a surgery. However, before you decide to go for a treatment to cure actinomycosis, consult a qualified doctor and follow his / her advice.
I'm married in 2014 I got pregnancy for twice but due to some reasons we aborted with pills only is that OK? How can I have a male boy in my next pregnancy .can you tell me.
I am 24 years female. My hemoglobin level is 9.5 g/ dl. Is there any problems for conceiving pregnancy.
For the past few years, laser hair removal has been the gold standard in de-fuzzifying beauty methods, with the potential to end a lifetime of annoying tweezing, waxing and shaving practices. But considering the cost and long-term commitment, it’s not an easy decision to make lightly. Keep the following tips in mind before buying your first laser hair removal deal.
1. Make sure you’re a good candidate
Chances are that if you’re reading this, you’re eligible to experience the wonder of laser hair removal; the technology has advanced over the years to treat more and more types of people. Those with light skin and dark hair have the best chances at success (the laser light picks up on the colour contrast in order to zap follicles), but some clinics use different systems that may have improved chances at treating darker skin tones or lighter hair colours. Check to see what your clinic uses if you’re concerned about your skin-hair combination not being ideal.
2. Know that not all lasers are created equal
You may think laser hair removal is basically the same no matter where you go, but there are at least five major technologies currently available: IPL, Alexandrite, Diode, Nd:YAG and Ruby. They each offer different pros and cons: (for example, IPL is very popular due to its versatility and lack of discomfort, but may not work as well for thicker hair). Again, what’ll work for you depends a lot on your particular skin and hair type.
3. Do a background check
Laser hair removal is a shade more complicated than your standard spa treatment, so youll want to make sure the person behind the handpiece is fully qualified. We try to give you as much info as possible on each offers page, so reading those sections on our site fully before clicking the buy button is a great start. It also doesn’t hurt to do a quick Google search, check the clinics website or simply call them up to learn more about the operator’s education and experience.
4. Shave, but don’t wax, before your first visit
In the weeks leading up to your first treatment, nix all forms of hair removal that require pulling out the root, including waxing, tweezing and epilating. Switch to razors about four to six weeks in advance - some clinics will require that you shave right before treatment, while some others request that you have a bit of stubble (maybe up to three days worth) in order for the light technology to pick up on the strands. Make sure to consult your clinic to see what prep work they will want you to do.
5. Avoid the sun
Since skin colour has a big impact on how effective the laser treatment can be, getting a golden tan right before your visit is clearly a bad idea; the closer the skin colour is to the hair, the less likely the laser can differentiate between the two. Most docs recommend completely protecting the area from sunlight 72 hours in advance, or more if possible. The area will be sensitive afterward as well, and it’s often recommended to stay out of the sun or wear sunblock for up to a month or two after treatment.
6. Expect a small amount of irritation
Having powerful lasers aimed at your body sounds like it could be rough, but thankfully its usually not. People often describe the sensation as feeling like a rubber band popping at your skin, and machines that use a cooling handpiece tend to mitigate discomfort overall. Basically, if you can handle waxing, you should be more than able to handle laser hair removal. Afterwards, it’s fairly standard for the area to be red, but this should subside after a few hours or a day.
7. The results won’t be instant
Shaving and waxing are quick, temporary fixes, but laser hair removal requires you to play the long game. Hair wont disappear instantly after the first treatment; it gradually falls out in the preceding weeks, and requires roughly four to 10 visits to be fully eradicated. Additionally, visits have to be scheduled about four to eight weeks apart for your safety, and the number of visits may depend on your own skin type and hair growth. But if you’re willing to be patient and stick with it, youll wind up with long-lasting, potentially permanent results.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hair are an indispensable part of one’s aura and personality. To have thick and voluminous hair adds so much to one’s beauty. It defines one’s image and confidence. Baldness, losing and thinning of hair is of great concern for both men and women. In a stressful and competitive world like ours, people start losing hair at very young age. This is often attributed to our lifestyle, environmental pollution, inadequate sleep, excessive smoking and drinking. Losing hair is depressing as it is a sign of ageing. The cosmetic market today is flooded with products; be it hair fall control shampoos, serums, conditioners or hair masks. Many Ayurvedic remedies are also available for users to try.
However, the truth is nothing offers a tangible permanent solution than a surgery. However, Surgery comes with a host of side effects and is neither advisable nor affordable. Thus, the question is; whether there is any hope for people who want to regain their hair? Well, Aesthetic Medicine is undertaking lots of research on a possible cure for this condition. Recent Research suggests that adult stem cells have the ability to produce different stem cells, thus cells from hair follicles can be utilised to stimulate hair growth. One such research at the University of Pennsylvania, January 2014 described a method to convert adult cells into epithelial stem cells, responsible for hair growth. Many such studies on adult stem cells are underway.
Stem cells are tiny microscopic cells responsible for repair and regeneration of aged and damaged tissues. By now, everyone knows the amazing benefits of stem cells from umbilical cord, thanks to the Stem Cell Banking concept. The good news is that ongoing research on Stem Cells as a non-surgical way to treat baldness now offers a ray of hope for people suffering from hair loss issues.
Stem Cell treatment helps regeneration of damaged hair follicles thus, promoting hair growth. The procedure is simple and painless. It has minimal side effects and requires no hospitalisation. The live hair follicles from the patient’s hair are used to harvest stem cells. The processed stem cells are then carefully and slowly injected into balding areas with the help of very fine needles. Local anaesthesia is used to avoid any pain or discomfort.
Results in the form of visible hair growth, as well as improvement in density and thickness, are visible within a month. Stem Cell treatment is undoubtedly one of the advanced treatments for hair loss available today. Many clinics/ hospitals are now beginning to offer stem cell therapy for hair loss treatment. However, if hair loss is your concern, It is best to consult an expert, ask a free question and get your scalp examined and be assured of the usefulness of this therapy for yourself before deciding to go for the treatment.
There are 10 classic strategies to be used during pregnancy that can support the health and well-being of mom and baby, and keep the prana and apana vata in balance.
1. Favor Your Cravings. The most important advice is to eat what you naturally desire. Follow a well-balanced diet, with meals including adequate amounts of protein, healthy starch and veggies. Remember, you are eating for two body types, so you should not follow a strict diet for one body type. Honor your unique cravings in moderation, especially after the fourth month when the cravings you experience are more likely those of the baby.
2. Balance Vata. The major theme during pregnancy is to balance vata, the energy of the nervous system. This is best done with a diet of fresh, plant-based, whole or sprouted grains and non-processed foods. Warm, freshly cooked foods with healthy oils of olive, ghee and coconut are good. Avoid eating leftovers as much as possible.
3. Foods to Avoid:
Hot spicy foods
Uncooked leafy greens – as they can cause gas.
Undercooked beans and lentils – which can also cause gas.
Artificial flavors, preservatives and chemical additives
4. Enjoy These Three Tastes. The three tastes that balance vata are sweet, sour and salty. During pregnancy the sweet taste should be most emphasized, because it is the most sattvic or wholesome for the baby. This includes sprouted breads or those cooked without oils, whole grains, rice, fruits and healthy starches like sweet potatoes, quinoa, cooked beets and carrots. These foods are emphasized on the Winter Grocery List.
5. The Right Milk Does a Baby Good. Drink warm, vat-pasteurized (heated under 135 degrees F), non-homogenized milk with ghee made from grass-fed cows. One cup of warm milk with a teaspoon of ghee twice a day is said to boost immunity and the complexion, or “ojas,” of the baby.
6. Daily Massage with an Ayurvedic Herbalized Massage Oil. These oils feed the microbiology on the skin, as well as calm the skin-based sensory nervous system of the mom. The calmer the mom, the calmer the baby. This can be self-massage, or an opportunity to get massaged by a loving partner. Gently massage the abdomen and, in the 8th and 9th months, spend extra time on the nipples to prepare for nursing.
7. Five Tips to Conquer Morning Sickness:
1. Roast cardamom seeds, powder them and eat a small pinch through the day.
2. Snack on dry crackers or toast. It helps to always keep a little food in the stomach.
3. Temporarily eat from the Spring Grocery List or Kapha-Reducing Diet.
4. Sip tea made of 1/4 tsp. ginger powder and/or fennel seeds and hot water.
5. Try sleeping in a semi-reclined position by putting a pillow between the box spring and the mattress.
8. Get Gentle Daily Exercise. A great way to get this is to walk for 30 minutes each day.
9. Rest Up. In the 8th month, you should get as much rest as possible. This is a delicate time when the subtle nutrient fluid called “ojas” that supports vitality, complexion and immunity is passed between the mother and baby.
10. The MOST important pregnancy principle is to remember to be happy. The partner’s job during this time is to keep the mama-to-be happy. Of course, the mom must practice daily acts of happiness as well. The partner should avoid travel, be home in the evenings and fulfill every desire of the mother-to-be.