Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Chintan B. PatelYour feedback matters!
6 Practical ways to manage Headache :
Headache is one of the most common health problems that bother people of all genders and ages. Some of the common causes of Headache includes stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, improper diet, excessive alcohol intake, eye strain, high blood pressure, migraine, smoking and pollution. While you can take over the counter, medications like paracetamol for instant relief, here are some natural ways to manage Headache effectively.
Here are some ways to manage Headache:
1. Take some time off:
- Let not this fast paced lives take a toll on your life, instead, make sure you take a break and relax right away when you feel being hit by a headache.
- Wear lose clothes and lie down in dim lights and try to get sleep.
2. Try heat therapy:
- Place hot compress such as a towel soaked in warm water on your forehead and relax in a room with dim or no lights.
- Studies show that in many cases warm shower has been found to relax headaches and makes one feel more relaxed.
3. Make lifestyle changes:
- Food may also be a trigger in some cases such as, food high in monosodium glutamate (msg), high in salt and nitrates.
- Eat healthy food that includes veggies, fruits and whole grains. Skipping meals causes low blood sugar and therefore headaches.
- Include nuts in your diet. High in essential fatty acids and other salicin, they help to reduce pain significantly.
4. Try alternative therapies:
- Scientifically backed technique that involves stimulation of points, involves penetrating the skin with thin, solid, metallic needles manually or by electrical stimulation.
- Research suggested acupuncture to be beneficial, certain chronic pains and reduce the frequency of tension headaches and thereby prevent headache.
- Restorative yoga that involves yoga poses and healing through relaxation techniques with conscious breathing have been found to benefit chronic pain patients including migraine.
5. Massage using essential oils:
- Gently massage the area where the eyebrows meet and the temples, with the knuckles to improve circulation and treat headaches.
- Try exotic essential oils like peppermint oil, basil oil and lavender oil due to their medicinal properties. These have shown to open the clogged vessels up, relaxing the muscles, soothing the sinuses and jangled nerves.
6. Try herbal drinks:
Ginger - Well-known remedy for headaches, it reduces inflammation of the blood vessels of the head thereby relieving headache. Smash a ½ an inch of ginger and brew a cup of tea with it and see the effects. It also aids digestion, it reduces the nauseating that occurs during migraines.
Lemon - Rich in antioxidants, lemon juice soothes agitated sinuses that helps reduce headache. Prepare a cup of tea with the juice of a lemon and honey and make it warm. One may also grind the skin of lemons and apply it on the temple for alleviating headaches.
My ears are paining after using headphone. Even I can't tolerate the sounds produced from big sounds like cracker, traffic horn and so on. So, how can I relief from this problem and what kind of Medicine I should take?
Hi, I am 26yrs, male. In January I was diagnosed with bilateral mild hydronephrosis with 4 mm stone in both kidneys, and cystitis. Used ayurvedic syrups, tablets and antibiotics. Took 4 dose of gentamicin injection for 2 days. During injection time suffered from severe head ache, vomit sensation, no urination for 1day. Then next day done ct scan kub which found to be normal. But after few days onwards I use to experience abnormal urination (sometimes frequent, sometimes less). Even though not eating spicy foods urine becoming acidic pH 6 after used citrate syrup pH came to 7. Getting leg cramps. For which using vitamin d supplement. At present symptoms: less urination pain from back to front of abdomen. Pain near bladder. Reports results: cue: specific gravity: 1.005 pH: 6 serum creatinine: 1.0 urine osmolarity: 85. Doubt's: I know serum creatinine 1.0mg is normal b.
Hi. I am in prediabetic stage. Could you please suggest some diet plan by which I could control this in next 1-2 months. Thanks in advance.
1. Don't seat at ground level with bending your knee, seat over chair instead in any function you have.
2. Don't use stair, use lift instead it if possible.
3. Don't bent your knee, keep it in 90-180 degree whenever possible.