Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan DoshiYour feedback matters!
I have developed an eye stye and it is very painful. It' s been a little over a day. Any quick home remedy to deal with it?
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I want to know information about conjunctivitis because i am suffering form this disease since 2 days and I also want to know information about its cure and precautions. And also some medicines advice. Please contact me as soon as possible sir because i am suffering alot from this disease. Thank you.
Are you the one who loves to be outdoor for long hours? Or, does your work keep you under the sun for long? Well, if it is so, you need to be alert about your eyes. Long exposure to sunlight can damage your eyes. Put your glares and hat on a hot sunny day to keep your eyes away from any kind of damage.
There are several eye diseases, which are either caused or aggravated due to long exposure to sunlight. UV radiation can be generated from a natural or artificial source. Regardless of its origin, these rays are harmful for the human eye. Usually, when we talk of UV rays, we think of its adverse effects on skin. However, it is not just the skin that gets affected. The eyes are equally vulnerable.
What are UV rays?
It is a part of the solar radiation. These are of three types: UV-C, UV-A and UV-B. While UV-C is absorbed by the ozone layer, the other two rays penetrate the layer to affect human body.
It’s effect on eyesight
UV rays cause damage to the eyes. There are several diseases or disorder caused by these rays. Some of these have been discussed below:
Macular Degeneration: It happens as the retina is damaged by the UV rays. It leads to age-related blindness. It usually happens to people who are exposed to UV rays for a long period.
Cataract: It is a disorder in which the eye lens gets clouded. About 10% cases of cataract are caused due to exposure to UV rays. This is caused by UV-B rays.
Pterygium: This disease is often known as ‘surfer’s eye’. In this disease, a pink, non-cancerous growth is formed on the conjunctiva. UV rays cause these growths.
Skin Cancer of the eyelids: UV rays can cause cancer of the skin in and around the eyelids.
Photokeratitis: This is known as corneal sunburn or ‘snow blindness’. Photokeratitis occurs due to spending long hours at the beach or skiing. If a person doesn’t take proper eye protection during these activities, this disease can occur. It sometimes causes temporary vision loss.