Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Brijesh D ModiYour feedback matters!
Respected Sir/Ma" am I am facing the problem of frequent mouth ulcers since one year. However I tried all home as well as all I pet him remedies, still could not get through. What should I do to eradicate it from the root?
I am very upset with my bad breath pls give some remedy to control this some ayurvedic tips or medicine.
Hi, I have irregular teeth like gaping among teeth. So what I do for this. I want it should be regular and equally all.
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth enamel erosion and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: Your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items and as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods.
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: there are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.
Hello sir, I have a problem, that I am suffering from mouth stink. please give me any solution or treatment. Thank you sir.
If I fix brace set on my teeth what minimum time required to clear the gap? While using brace set is there feel of any pain in teeth.
My teeth are very sensitive. I am taking anti biotics since last 5 days, there is no improvement. What should I do?
When I eat anything excluding sweet the test of the food I am eating as if like I am eating red chili powder. Why so?
My lower gums have receded leading to lose of strength of my teeth and gums. Is it possible to bring them up once again so that my teeth gets stronger. What would be the cost of flap surgery with bone grafting.
Dear doctor, I am using denture in lower jawwhere one more premolar, one canine on each side is to be extracted and a new denture is to be made. In upper jaw onleftside one canine is half broken. What is to be done for this broken teeth? is it also to be extracted? secondly all these teeths which are to be extacted, the extraction can be done in one sitting or in multiple sitting. Please let me know the procedural charges and also the making charges for dental plate for lower jaw. Can the impression of teeth be taken before extraction and immediately after extraction new plate can be fixed. Satish shri
I have white lesion on my left buccal mucosa, its a kind of plaque and scrappable burning sensation is present, respond to ketoconazole therapy. Anyone please diagnose my clinical condition?
I need to ask a question to dentist regarding bad smell in mouth.After taking food,the taste of food is remaining in mouth.After some time some smell is coming.I consulted dentist,he suggested cleaning.After cleaning also same problem is repeating.If any one suggest good solution,I feel very happy
Proper brushing takes at least two minutes — that's right, 120 seconds! Most adults do not come close to brushing that long. To get a feel for the time involved, try using a stopwatch. To properly brush your teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gumline, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration. Concentrate on thoroughly cleaning each section as follows:
B1 Tilt the brush at a 45° angle against the gumline and sweep or roll the brush away from the gumline
B2Gently brush the outside, inside and chewing surface of each tooth using short back-and-forth strokes.
B3Gently brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen breath.
Clean the outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the chewing surfaces
For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too
Frequency of brushing-
Studies have shown that brushing once a day in preschool settings, using a fluoride toothpaste will prevent cavities. Families should be encouraged to brush additional times at
home. Brushing before bedtime is especially important, in order to prevent plaque and food particles remaining in contact with the teeth throughout the night.
You should replace your toothbrush when it begins to show wear, or every three months, whichever comes first. It is also very important to change toothbrushes after you've had a cold, since the bristles can collect germs that can lead to reinfection.
Electric power brush-
PBRAn electric toothbrush is a toothbrush that uses electric power supplied usually by a battery to move the brush head rapidly, either oscillating side to side, or rotation-oscillation (where brush heads rotate in one direction and then the other).
ADVANTAGES OF AN ELECTRIC POWER BRUSH
7.Proven Long-Term Results
Flossing in addition to toothbrushing can reduce gingivitis and halitosis compared to toothbrushing alone.
FLOSDental floss is a bundle of thin filaments used to remove food and dental plaque from teeth. The floss is gently inserted between the teeth and scraped along the teeth sides, especially close to the gums or underneath them. Dental floss may be made of either plastic (nylon, PTFE or polyethylene) or silk, and can be flavored or unflavored, and waxed or unwaxed. An alternative tool to achieve the same effect is the interdental brush.
Advantages of flossing
ØProper flossing removes plaque and food particles in places where a toothbrush cannot reach- under the gum-line and between the teeth.
ØDaily flossing is recommended because plaque build-up can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
ØIt stimulates gums, polishes tooth surfaces, reduces gum bleeding and prevents gum disease.
Start with about 18 inches of floss, wind most of the floss around each middle finger, leaving an inch or two of floss to work with.
ØHold the floss tautly between your thumbs and index fingers, slide it gently up-and- down between your teeth.
ØGently curve the floss around the base of each tooth using a seesaw motion, making sure you go beneath the gum-line. Never snap or force the floss, as this may cut or bruise delicate gum tissue.
ØCurve the floss around the side of one tooth, forming a 'C' shape and rub the floss up and down to clean the tooth. Repeat the procedure in the opposite direction i.e. on the adjacent tooth.
ØUse clean sections of floss as you move from tooth to tooth.
ØTo remove the floss, use the same back-and-forth motion to bring the floss up and away from the teeth.
Floss holders are also available and can be used in the difficult to reach areas.
MWMouthwash or mouth rinse is a chemotherapeutic agent used as an effective home care system by the patient to enhance oral hygiene.
A mouthwash is a flavored liquid that people use to rinse out their mouths before or after brushing their teeth. Some individuals may also rinse with mouthwash between brushings, particularly after eating foods that may cause a person to have bad breath. Mouthwash typically emphasize the treatment and prevention of halitosis as one of the many benefits of mouthwash. Mouthwash can be effective at combating bad breath.
ØBacteria in the mouth can also cause foul-smelling breath. Many antiseptic mouthwash products claim to kill the germs that cause bad breath.
ØSome mouthwash products are designed to help heal sores or irritation after oral surgery.
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.