Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Brijesh D ModiYour feedback matters!
I am 54 years old gents. I am having tooth decay problem . Each month I am losing some part of my teeth due to decay . I expect it will finish within next 5/6 years . Why such thing happening and what to do. Shyam sundar Rout - e amil address bonaisgupsng"gmail.Com. Please help me.
. I have red and white spots inside my mouth on one side, I guess it is due to smoking, is it curable? Could I wait for its treatment till I start earning? Please help me.
Dear Doctor, will you please suggest some remedy for bad breath. Which mouth wash product is good? What other remedies are there for bad breath Thank you in advance, for your help, William.
I am suffering from teeth problem. I have no cavity till but sometime feel cavity like pain below some teeth. I regularly brush my teeth from my childhood once a day. But 7-8 years ago I have cleaned my teeth by a dentist friend and after then I am suffering from cold feel in my teeth even when I inhale a long breath from mouth it feels very cold so that I even can't think of eating ice cream. I often drunk very hot coffee and tea but now a days it also unbearable for my teeth to take very hot things and even chewing hard things also making feeling like sour type pain in jaw's teeth since last month. What should I do?
Sir I am 55 years old I am suffering from mouth ulcer, infection since last 3 months I had consult with ent. Dr. They have given me hexagel ointment, Gumex, n some vitamin tabs but I am not filling good. Pl advise me what to do or prescribe some a/biotic medicines to overcome the problem please. Expecting your early reply.
I have a dental problem. I removed my clip which was used for levelling my teeth down. But it doesn't give expected result. Because 3 teeth's came up after the usual taking of 4 teeth's .so there is no space and my front teeth's are big. Can I fix this problem?
I had a cut in my front teeth when I was 9 years old, I slipped and fell down in bathroom. I am 22 now and that cut still exist. Will it cause any problem?
My dad is diabetic and has candidia fungal infection in the mouth. It's spreading all over the mouth how can it be cured?
There is always the constant attempt to look better and more appealing. To this effect, smile designing is one particular specialty of cosmetic dentistry with the sole aim of improving a person's smile.
Photographs of various angles, jaw tracing analysis, and simulation of images on the computer are all used to arrive at an optimal size, shape, contour of the jaw and the teeth that can produce the best smile for a given patient. These changes are then replicated on paper and tooth models if required and detailed discussion happen with the patient. Thorough patient counseling is done before initiating work at smile designing.
Some parameters that are manipulated to produce a good smile designing are as follows - first the tooth per se followed by the soft tissues:
- Tooth color: In most cases, the tooth color is changed using tooth whitening material or laser. Trust the dentist to achieve a balance between whiteness of the tooth and natural look. In some cases, silver amalgam fillings may be replaced with composite restorations to improve the appearance. Bridges with metal backup may be replaced with complete ceramic crowns too.
- Tooth alignment: Crooked or misshaped teeth can be corrected using veneers in minor cases and by orthodontic braces in severe cases. Again, if the patient is very conscious, aesthetic ceramic braces (read more about braces) can be used.
- Tooth length: If too much or too less of a tooth is showing during a smile, that needs to be corrected too. Longer teeth are considered to produce a younger appearance than short teeth, which usually is associated with old age and wear and tear. The gums can be reshaped as a part of crown lengthening.
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are missing produce a very bad smile and need to be replaced at the earliest for a better smile. Depending on various factors including age and bone health, the choice could be a crown or a bridge or an implant.
- Tooth ratio: When a person smiles, the front tooth are the most obvious and should have a ratio of length to width as 4 to 5. This produces a balanced smile.
- Tooth texture: Mottling or rough edges on the tooth surface can be corrected by veneers or small composite restorations. As regards the soft tissues.
- Gum line: The smile is reproduced on tracing and corrections are made to produce a better smile, even if it requires gum corrections.
- Fuller lips and cheeks: Surgical procedures or chemicals may be used to produce fuller lips and cheeks that improve a person's smile.
The next time you are not happy with your smile, visit a dentist. With so many parameters that affect your smile, a little correction could produce a better smile! If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I have a dental problem. Its recurring from last so many years. I always keep cleaning and every quarterly visit dentist for cleaning.
This is the most worrying question for parents.
By age 12 or 13, most kids will have lost all of their baby teeth and will be having a full set of adult teeth. Around this time, some parents will start to notice that their preteen’s smile isn’t looking so straight anymore. If your child’s smile is starting to appear a bit crowded or crooked, it might be time for you to seek out a orthodontist for braces. Orthodontic problems—or problems dealing with the alignment of the teeth and shape of the jaw—are common in preteens. In fact, almost half of preteens need braces or some other kind of orthodontic treatment. If you’re concerned about your child’s smile, ask your dentist today.
When should you seek orthodontic treatment for your kids? The answer is as soon as possible. As kids enter their late teen years, jaw growth slows and the bones holding the teeth in place begin to harden and set. Once in adulthood, the jaw stops growing altogether. Adults can successfully shape their smile with orthodontic treatment, but they may have to use a retainer for the rest of their life. Many experts feel that the earlier orthodontic treatment can begin, the better the outcome. Before braces, however, your child may need to wait until all 28 of their adult teeth have grown in. And sometimes orthodontic problems don’t even appear until later into the teen years. Just keep an eye on those teeth and see an orthodontist as soon as you start to think there could be a problem.
In some cases, if parents see that at a age earlier than 11 years, there is too much misalignment of teeth, as they are erupting, it is best to ask your dentist if some intervention is needed to stop a problem from worsening.