Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavik C ZalaYour feedback matters!
My father has undergone cataract operation for his both eyes. Now in one eye his vision in not clear. What we should do under this condition?
My eyes are swollen when I wake up and there is a pain in my eyelid. When I wake up the right eye gets sticked and small particles come out automatically and then near the end its kinda swollen and there is a pain which I am experiencing from last week. Please advise.
My eyes are twitching from last 1 month and local doctors are saying that its not a disease do not take it seriously ,but I am feeling uncomfortable and worried.
What should I do, if any foreign object gets into my eye and after removing it the redness in eye remains?
Pressure behind eyes from last 20 days. Sometimes pain in present behind one eye alternatively which lasts for few seconds to minutes. Headache present in Temples, Forehead or Front portion of head. Other Problems: Spondylitis. Sneezing and cough. GERD (GI problems). Anxiety.
One of my friend told me that her boyfriend has been complaining about her vaginal odour however she finds it perfectly normal. I have read a lot about it to help her out, but it seems that she is taking all precautions and still the problem persists. Can you explain how and why this situation may arise?
My father have Glaucoma in both eyes Right eye have 20 % vision Left eye have 70 % vision Is it operated with laser technology? Please advice.
I have red eyes since a month. I am operating a computer so it always shows red eye so I request you why it becomes always red? I request you to give me proper solutions of it Thanks in advance.
Eye sight had been increasing for me can I know what is the food that I should take to control this problem.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.