Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. Bavesh RaiYour feedback matters!
Mere heart ke side kabhi kabhi bahut pain hota hai itna ki lagta hai ki ab Jaan nikal jaye to Mujhe Kya karna chahiye and dard kaise theek hoga
For long, there have been campaigns and discussions about the harmful effects and diseases associated with alcohol consumption. In most cases, it is not the alcohol, but the quantity consumed that affects a person. Limited consumption of alcohol can, in fact, work to your advantage. Alcohol, when consumed in moderation, helps to avert, check or improve many medical conditions and health ailments.
- Deal with common cold effectively: According to research, the antioxidants present in wine helps to fight common cold better. Limited intake of alcohol, red wine to be precise (~1-2 glasses per day), can, thus, help to reduce the instances of common cold significantly.
- Weight loss made easy: Studies conducted by the Oregon State University suggest that certain varieties red wine (the Red Muscadine Wine) can play a pivotal role in weight reduction. The Red Muscadine, a variety of wine grapes used to make red wine contains ellagic acid. It is this ellagic acid that helps to cease or slow down the growth and development of the fat cells. Red wine also helps to manage fatty liver effectively.
- Keep cardiovascular diseases at bay: The high-density lipoprotein (HDL), also known as the Good Cholesterol is indeed good for the body. It acts as a shield, keeping the heart hale and hearty. Moderate alcohol consumption helps to elevate the level of HDL. One of the main reasons attributing to heart attacks are the small blood clots that block the arteries of the brain, heart, and neck. Alcohol (limited intake) has been able to put a check in the formation of such blood clots.
- Reduced instances of cognitive impairment: Reports suggest that people who consume alcohol within limits are less likely to develop dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Moderate consumption tends to make the brain cells fit and more active, thus, enabling the cells to deal with stress and other related factors.
- A little wine for a better libido: Limited consumption of wine is good for a better sexual life. Research indicate that the antioxidants present in wine act as a catalyst, resulting in an improved libido (lowers the incidences of erectile dysfunction in men). A little wine can work wonders for women as well (increasing their sexual desires and feelings).
- Enjoy a diabetes-free life: Type 2 Diabetes and the associated ailments and complications can make life miserable. However, people who consume a small quantity of alcohol (preferably 1-2 glasses per day) are at a lower risk of developing diabetes (Type 2). A path-breaking finding indeed!
People with moderate alcohol consumption are also at a lower risk of developing gallstones. The high silicone content in beer helps to strengthen the bones, but only when consumed within limits. Beer is also rich in calcium, magnesium, and vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin). If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I'm 68 yrs male, height: 5' 4, weight: ~75kg, taking medicine (one tab telma40) for hypertension for the last 10 yrs or so (amlopres 5 was added for the last 4-5 yrs). Bp used to be in the vicinity of 140/85 (with above medication). Since a month or so, my bp shot up to: 160-175/90-105 (on an average). I an feel little heaviness in my head and eyes. What should I do? pleas advise.
Sir for one month I have been suffering from cholesterol doctor prefer blood test and have cholesterol to you he said from that day I used to take salt less and morning breakfast also slightly reduced afternoon lunch rice also reduce and I eat curry more evening I eat chapati without oil at 6 or 7 P.M if I have any hungry in day time I eat fruits like pomegranate banana grapes oranges apples and also prefer sprouts sir. Is it right diet or any changes in my diet I also walking in the morning. Sir is it right method to control cholesterol or any changes in it please guide me.
I have hydrocele in some months, which I have like very pain and in his chest very pain? Sir please help me.
In the olden days, we had food scarcity and too much physical work. So obesity and lifestyle diseases were less among people. In those times people used to eat heavily when more food was available and eat less when no food was available.
Then came the agricultural revolution era and a smart public distribution system. Food become abundant. It became impossible to change our centuries' old habit and we started eating more.
Then came industrial, it developments and opening up of markets. It created the following things:
Less physical work. Too much mental strain. Odd working hours. Availability of cheap tasty junk foods.
All these started leading to lifestyle diseases like obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Then came the medical era (the current period), when the incidences of the above said diseases started growing out of proportions. Nowadays we have started realizing that
We are over eating. We are eating junk calories, food with high fat and salt content. We are leading a sedentary lifestyle.
We have started seeing our parents, relatives, friends getting these diseases, and we have come to know that there is no escape, since they too lead a similar lifestyle. This is the awareness era. Now availability of resources like internet and health magazines are changing people's mind to lead a healthy and fit life.
How to lead a healthy lifestyle and avoid lifestyle diseases?
Stop smoking, reduce alcohol consumption to once a week (two drinks only, it is better if avoid alcohol. Control your existing illnesses like diabetes and hypertension by dedicated dieting and regular consultation with your physician.
Physical activity: 40 minutes a day, minimum 5 days a week. Stop junk foods completely, reduce sugar, salt and oil consumption.
Sleep well (5-8 hours). Everybody has a different biological clock. A refreshing night's sleep varies from person to person. For some 5 hours is enough, for some they need 8 hours. Find out which person you are and start sleeping for the correct time.