Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin LakhaniYour feedback matters!
Hello. I have serious problem of hair loss. I am 27 years old. Day by day thickness of my hair decreasing. When I was 22 years old I had full head of hair. I do not know what type of scalp I have. But when I scratch my scalp there are so much dandruff even after wash my hair with good shampoo. I am going to be bald soon. My friends tease me when I attend any party so I completely avoid any outdoor party. I am loosing my hair more from my front side. My forehead seems like M alphabet. Few of my friends call me M because of my forehead shape. I am married to. Some people says masturbation causes hair problems.
Skin on my testicles. .gets very dry n develop cracks n then peel out. .I easily get rashes on private body area when I run long .what should I do.
I have marks on my back. It does not pain though but what are they? Please help! (Horizontal white lines)
Im having pimples with scars on my face for few days. Kindly consult as this is not a regular problem I am facing this problem since last month.
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.