Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Mehta
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am getting shoulder pains severely. How can I decrease my pain? Please I will go to school daily with a big bag. Please iant decrease my books. Thanks.
When to Seek Surgical Care for Back Pain of Disc origin?
Avoiding unnecessary spinal surgery is the intent of this course, but unfortunately not all spine surgery is avoidable, and not every reader will avoid surgery. Some disc injuries require surgery or at least a consultation with a spine surgeon. Before reading the rest of this book you are urged to carefully review the next pages to determine if you need a surgical consultation. There are varying degrees of urgency in seeking a surgical consultation. On one end of the spectrum is a medical emergency which requires immediate surgical intervention to avoid or minimize a permanent impairment. On the other end of the continuum is the elective surgical consultation. An elective surgical consultation occurs when a patient elects to be seen for a surgical consultation due to a chronic progressive condition that, while not emergent, constitutes a sustained and un resolved spinal condition which may be addressed with surgery .Medical Emergencies Certain spinal symptoms require an immediate surgical consultation: Loss of bowel or bladder control, urinary retention, neurological sexual dysfunction, muscle weakness or flaccidity,neurological deficit, numbness of the genitalia, or numbness in the distribution of a saddle.Less urgent symptoms that may need a surgical consultation include severe and disabling back pain or shooting pain into the legs that is refractory (does not respond) to other treatment sand lasts more than four to eight weeks.
These conditions need immediate medical attention
Spinal Fractures Trauma (falling, car accident…)
- Osteoporosis: Even minor trauma can cause fractures in people who have osteoporosis. Risk for osteoporosis increases with age or with the use of steroids or transplant immune-suppressing drugs.
- Infection or Tumor
- Pain that is worse at night
- The use of corticosteroids or HIV or immune-suppressive drugs (drugs that reduce symptoms that help fight disease)
- Unexplained weight loss
- Night sweats, chills, fever
- History of cancer
- Recent infectionSevere
- Neurological Conditions
- Bladder or bowel dysfunction
- Numbness of the anus or genitals
- Weakness of the legs
- Numbness in the distribution of [both] your inner thighs
Aside from disc herniations, there are several other conditions and symptoms that require immediate medical attention. Fractures, infections, cancer, tumors, and progressive neurological disease can all mimic the signs of a herniated lumbar disc.
Joints are intersections between bones; they provide support to your body during movement. There are a host of conditions which might lead to joint pain; they are bursitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout. The most common joint pain disorders are knee pain, hip pain and shoulder pain.
Ayurveda associates joint pain with loss of bone density in the joints. This problem is characterized by a feeling of discomfort and cracking sounds. If the condition is not treated, it might lead to immobilization of the joint. The condition of the bones tends to deteriorate as they do not receive enough nutrition.
The other cause that leads to joint pain is toxin accumulation in the joints. As the toxin accumulates, it leads to heavy and stiff joints. If preventive measures are not taken on time, continuous accumulation of toxins may lead to swollen joints.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for joint pain are:
- Diet: Focus on eating foods especially that are salty, sour and sweet in taste. Add healthy foods such as rye and quinoa along with ghee as they pacify the "vata" in your body. Focus on natural foods such as vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Herbs: Certain herbs such as turmeric help to treat joint pain. It contains curcumin that has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the pain. You may also consume fenugreek seeds for its antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make sure you exercise on a daily basis, do basic bodyweight exercises such as push-ups and squats to improve your strength. You may also start with yoga workouts to build flexibility and mobility in your body.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Limit smoking and alcohol consumption to keep your body healthy, and free from free radical damage. Alcohol may also cause you to put on weight, thus leading to obesity. Smoking may cause various problems in the lungs that may lead to breathing disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.