Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AshishYour feedback matters!
My age is 27 years old, weight is 69 kg and height is 172 cm My sugar level fasting is 103 and PP is 123 Am I at border line of diabetes? No Family history of diabetes.
What are the benefits of coconut water? Does coconut water creates fats or increases high amount of calories?
I have suffered with fever from over five days also I have pain in my haed and feeling very much weakness. Then what should I do?
Sir, I am 55 years old. Cholesterol on test declared 227. A medicine prescribes NOVASTAT in night. But I feel headache, tiredness in the morning. What does this medicine does in body to reduce cholesterol. Why these side effects? Any other alternative? Regards and thanks.
Mere papa diabetic hai unhe ab kuch samasya uski sarir ki naso me h medicine le rahe hai kuch fayda bhi hai lekin unke pair bilkul bhi nahi uth rahe hai.
I am a diabetic patient. I need help of a gud doctor who can suggest me and guide me about what should be my diet food and also what medicine shall intake.
I am 38 year old. I am non-smoker, non-drinker and vegetarian. I have led a very healthy life. However, all of a sudden fell weakness and pain in my hands and leg; got my blood sugar checked and got to know I have diabetes. Fasting was 208 and pp was 370. Since then, consulted doctor, am taking medicines regularly, walk of 1 hr a day, I have discarded sugar from my life. Still, I am unable to bring my blood sugar to normal levels. Is my condition permanently curable? if not, can you suggest few remedies, diet, lifestyle; medicines or products; to lower the diabetes risk to minimum. There are several herbal/ayurvedic products to combat diabetes available thru tv shopping networks. Are they beneficial? thanks.
Foods that elevate your metabolism is a good method of losing fat from the body. Include these foods in your breakfast, lunch and dinner to harness their fat burning power. Try these foods to kick start your metabolism:
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be super foods as they are packed with nutrients. Rich in protein and vitamin D, eggs also help boost your metabolism.
- Lean meat: Include lean meats, such as chicken and turkey to your diet as they are rich sources of protein. They are also good sources of iron, the deficiency of which may lead to sluggish metabolism.
- Chili peppers: Chili peppers are good sources of 'capsaicin', a component that is known to kick start your metabolism into high gear. You may add chili peppers to your dishes to add some pungent flavor as well.
- Water: Dehydration may lead to you to feel sluggish the entire day; thus it is necessary to drink cold water as the body burns calories while warming the water.
- Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee is known to stimulate your metabolism.
- Beans: Beans are known to contain good amounts of protein and fiber. The fiber in the beans help in promoting satiety and restricts your food cravings. They are also rich in iron, a macronutrient that helps in improving metabolism.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C that help combat free radical damage in the body. They also contain fiber that promotes healthy digestion.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is a good source of magnesium that helps to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It is also known to stimulate various hormones in the body that burn fat.
- Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is known to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It also boosts acid production in the stomach, thus promoting healthy digestion and contributing to an increased metabolism.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb that has certain properties which help in metabolizing carbohydrates in the body, thus increasing your overall calorie burn and kick starting your metabolism.
Hi I have been trying hard to loose my weight since last 1 year. I have started drinking green tea so as to increase my metabolism rate & yes it helped me alot to loose weight. I also started walking and gradually moved to jogging which is also definitely making change. I have loosed near about 15 to 17 kg in last one year. But my belly hardly moved -2.5 of it's size since last one year. So please give me some suggestions to loose my belly fat more rapidly so as to achieving that dreamed waste size.
Hello, I would like to know the best nutritional supplement in ayurveda for daily consumption. Presently I am using chyavanprash.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up.