Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anar PatelYour feedback matters!
How can I prevent nicotine marks in my teeth caused by smoking? I already got one, how can I remove it?
My gums swell and bleed while brushing. Sometimes a little blood oozes out, even when there is no swelling. Are there any home remedies.
I am 24years old, my tooth is paining while brushing and if I eat any cool items. What should I do to get rud of this problem.
My mouth stinks too much. Nowadays. Hvn toothache also. Suggest how to reduce the stinking of mouth?
My kid has tooth decay problem for 3 teeth. Pls help me to do permanent filling r temporary filling N present he don't have any pain.
I have problem regarding my teeth. When I eat some cold item then sometime I felt pain in upper portion of my teeth. Some time it take bleeding. How can I solve this problem?
I've been having mouth ulcers very often and having these burps right after I have got out of dengue in year 2012. These mouth ulcers are very painful than normal. I even got my liver tested but it was all good. Now I want to know if its something big.
I have a cavity. Some doctors say that I need to take rootcanel treatment. But it do not pain. Once the tooth was filled with cement and not tooth lost the cement. Please suggest the treatment and kind of food to avoid. Will eating tamarind leads increase in cavity.
Mouthwashes have become a fad nowadays – some simply rinse their mouth with a mouthwash instead of brushing their teeth, the reason being lack of time. While mouthwashes are effective up to a certain extent, the question is can they replace your brush and tooth paste?
Why is Mouthwash Used?
Mouth washes are used for multiple reasons; to prevent tooth decay, freshen your breath and to minimize plaque. It is also known to reduce gingivitis (gum disease) and plaque that harden on your teeth.
In order to understand the efficacy of mouth wash better, you need to know about the ingredients it is made up of. The basic ingredients are cleansing agents, water, alcohol and flavor causing substances. Certain active ingredients are also added to mouth wash which usually vary from product to product. Some of them are:
Fluoride which prevents decay of the tooth by making it more resistant.
Antimicrobials which reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth that lead to plaque formation in the teeth.
Salts, that have astringent properties, act as deodorizers to prevent bad breath.
Substances that reduce bad breath causing compounds.
Advantages of using a Mouthwash are:
Helps in preventing gum disease: Inflammation of the gums and teeth can occur when plaque causing bacteria are present on the teeth. Mouthwashes that contain antibacterial agents help in reducing these bacteria.
Reduces cavity: Mouthwashes that contain fluoride help in reducing cavities that affect your teeth. Cavities are holes in your teeth which form when bacteria in the teeth cause plaque.
Provides relief from canker sores: Mouth wash provides relief from canker sores by reducing the amount of bacteria present on the affected area.
Prevents pregnancy complications: Certain gum diseases release harmful bacteria in the bloodstream that can stimulate early contractions. Using mouth washes provides safeguard against these bacteria, thus, in turn, protecting your baby.
Disadvantages of a Mouthwash:
May irritate canker sores: Mouthwashes which contain alcohol in high concentrations can irritate canker sores in the mouth.
A risk factor for oral cancer: Certain mouthwashes may contain ingredients which increase the risks of oral cancer. It is therefore important for you to check the ingredients before using it.
Given that the benefits outweigh the cons, using mouthwash is good for you. You should not substitute brushing or flossing with using a mouthwash, though. Rather, it should complement them. If the mouth wash contains alcohol in decent amounts, then you are good to go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
I always feel a pain in my teeth after brush and after taking some foods or cold water. What to do for its solution. Please reply me at the earliest you can.
Hello doctor for my mouth ulcers , I am waiting to get an response from you, please suggest me a gel which I can use, I am using dologel and dentogel but it only makes num for some time and again pain starts , give me a gel name which is really very effective and very good.
Can we go for teeth cleaning sessions many times .i have done it years back now I want to go for cleaning as my teeth has so much tarter please help me.
Since last month there is pain in my left upper teeth. When I consult a Doctor for this he prescribed some medicine, paste and asked for x-ray. After x-ray he suggested for Root Canal Treatment and Capping due to gap occurred between two teeth. I would like to know is that better for me to have a Root Canal Treatment.
My. Four front teeth are not in shape, are more forward in position, so aligning them is the option what will be the cost.
My teeth is yellow stain. How I can remove this. This stain on my teeth from childhood. Tell me any medicine or any toothpastes. Please help me.
Diets that are deficient in vitamin c can cause severe dental problems, including loose teeth and bleeding gums. Try a salad with citrus fruits, like orange or grapefruit, to boost your body's ability to fight those destructive symptoms, as well as plaque. Be sure to buffer citrus fruits by including them as part of a meal, because their acid content could potentially erode tooth enamel.
I would like to know some home made remedy to avoid or get ride of bad breath. Its like, it coming ever now and then. So, my question is what create the smell and how to avoid it.
For a child, the first visit to the dentist can be panicky. This is because they don't realize what's in store. Children get a better idea about dentists after getting some information about the visit. We, as grown ups, must be set up to answer the inquiries and instruct our children in the most ideal way.
The following are some valuable tips on the best way to set up a child for the first dentist appointment:
- Guardians regularly ask when they ought to take their child for the first ever dental visit. The best time to begin taking children for a dental checkup is either when their first tooth pops out, or right around their first birthday. Expert dentists are capable of instantly recognizing any potential issues with the development and advancement of the jaw and delicate palate. Children's teeth are more porous and defenseless to decay than grown-up's teeth; so early mediation is a basic to guarantee those small teeth staying sound. It is also recommended that guardians begin brushing their child's teeth when they start coming out, utilizing a delicate toothbrush and plain water. Brushing should be started as early as possible.
- It's never too early to begin acquainting your kids with tooth brushing and knowledge of oral health. The best time to begin is before your kid's first dental visit. Youngsters love to find out about their bodies, and love to grin, touch, and investigate new things. There are many fun ways to impart oral health education to children. The more agreeable they are with their mouth and teeth, the less demanding your youngster's first dental visit will be.
- Tooth brushing is an essential piece of our everyday self-care, and it is our habit. A child, after being introduced to a brush and a toothbrush will take a certain time period to make daily brushing a habit. Guardians and the kids can brush their teeth "together". It is essential to note that toothbrushes are apparatuses, not toys, and that infants and babies ought to be firmly directed.
- Little children, are extremely insightful and touchy to the states of mind of people around them. Children regularly reflect our conduct. When we are casual and upbeat, children will probably be loose, as well. Children are additionally more casual when they are prepared for or taught something. Invest energy conversing with children about going to the dentist. You can also discuss what the dentist will do, emphatically.
- Always choose the most trustworthy dentist who is friendly and knows how to handle a child on his first dentist visit.
A child's first dentist appointment is a special one, and you should prepare him accordingly.