Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ameekan SavaraYour feedback matters!
The smile is the first thing we notice about a person, and more than anything else, it reveals the teeth first. We all yearn for that set of perfectly aligned teeth that are pearly white in color. However, this is not a reality in all people.
Due to various reasons, the teeth are not always bright and white. In some cases, the high fluoride content in the water can lead to fluorosis, which causes irregular patches on the teeth. Chewing tobacco and smoking are another reason for teeth discoloration, ranging from yellow to brown to black. The most inevitable of all reasons is ageing, where they naturally change to a darker shade of yellow. However, dental technology has also improved to come up with various solutions, so that the dream for that set of pearly whites can be made a reality.
Bleaching is by far the most commonly used method for teeth whitening. The tooth has an outer layer called enamel, a next layer called dentin, and a final inner layer called the pulp. The enamel contains organic particles that give the tooth its color, and the bleach material attacks these organic particles and thereby removes the stains.
It is always advisable to use tooth bleaching under the supervision of a dentist. A thorough examination and diagnosis is required before deciding on one of the two modes of bleaching.
- In-office bleaching: This involves use of whitening gels that are not available over the counter. The gel is applied on the discolored portions of the teeth to leave a whiter tooth behind after the stipulated time.
- Home bleaching: In cases where more regular application is desired, the patient is given a kit which has customized trays and the whitening gel. The patient is educated on a schedule including how and when to apply the gel and instructions for this application.
In addition, for minor discolorations, there are other options as below:
- Whitening strips: These strips are similar to adhesive bandage and contain the bleaching agent. They are applied onto the tooth and left for usually about 30 minutes to take effect.
- Brush-on whitening: These gels are applied directly on the tooth and left for a while or overnight if required.
- Whitening chewing gum: For the chewing gum lovers, this could be an option. These chewing gums are similar to any chewing gum but include bleaching agents.
Side effects: Sensitivity and gum irritation are the two common side effects of bleaching. This could be either from the chemical or the trays that are used. The need to repeat the treatment again is another shortcoming. Repeated visits to the dentist may be needed once or twice a year to maintain the pearly white smile!
I am paining to teeth problem. Some times blood will be coming on the my teeth please tell me any solution.
Dear doctor I am Having teeth problem as fluorosis since last few years and also having gaps between the teeth. Since this problem is arising I am unable to smile in front of people also. Please suggest me good idea.
Doctor I have problem in wisdom tooth when I eating hard items that time only pain otherwise no pain what should I do take medicine are remove wisdom tooth. I don't like to remove why because don't have to much pain all the time. When I am eating time only I have pain so pls suggest what should I do pls reply as soon as possible.
Im 17 year-old female, my gums swelled up in my mouth at the end of jaw or after the premolars of one end. It is paining like hell I can not swallow my own saliva it hurts a lot. It's vry difficult to open my mouth. please give a solution.
Is there possible to change face after treatment of orthodontic specially teeth extraction process? please help.
Hello mam/sir this is ravinder I am facing problem with the missing tooth. In my childhood I lost one of my front teeth which was to be taken out and now their is gap in the teeth due to this the alignment of teeth is effect a lot. I want you to suggest me the treatments related to it.
I have 26 teeth. All 4 first premolar missing. Upper jaw has 6 molar nd lower jaw has 4 molar teeth. Now what is my dental point.
How I can solve the problem I e our teeth can not smell? Why teeth can smell sir/mam. I am 20 years old.
I'm feeling little sensitivity in my teeth from a very long time. In addition to cold drinks, I feel terrible pain when I eat some sticky sweet like some chocolate. I consulted to a dentist but he didn't find any anomaly. Please suggest me something.
Oral-Systemic health connection:
1.86% of women brush twice daily or more, 66% of men brush daily or more. Does this surprise you?
2. It has been found that brushing for most people removes plaque between 28-52%.
3.12% of people floss daily.
4. It is recommended to brush 2x a day, see a dentist 2x a year, floss 1x a day, & replace your toothbrush 3 to 4x a year.
5. People with dental insurance are more likely to visit the dentist than those without dental insurance.
6. Tongue cleaning with a tongue scraper is proven to help reduce heart attacks, pneumonia, premature births, diabetes, osteoporosis, & infertility in men.
7. Flossing once a day can increase your life expectancy by 6 years.